Roast Ty-ragic Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect "SOMETHING"

Clunk a big mark , win a couple of nice hit outs ... anything . but has shown nothing .

Brendan Gale was the epitomy of the slow developing ruckman/forward but he always showed glimpses in that period . They all do

So far Ty has shown squat
Thats crap Iddy and you know it.

Thats crap Iddy and you know it.

Give you the tip RT. There competition for spots in the team in the big man dept. Some players sit there sucking their thumb and have dudes like you offering excuses and others come in and want in on the deal big time and know that their competition is sitting there sucking their thumbs. Thats why you see a Derrickx come in and say I AM YOUR MAN from the first minute. ;)

Good to see you are calling him Grigg and not Griggs, because it pisses people off if you call him Griggs. ;)

blogimport_fwha4u-158hm04.jpg

Seriously there are some clowns on here this morning. Vickery has just played his first game of his 3rd season and already the boots are being sunk in. Is it too much to ask to see how he goes for a season now that he has the build to be able to compete before we start writing the kid off?

I would expect "SOMETHING"

Clunk a big mark , win a couple of nice hit outs ... anything . but has shown nothing . Ben Griffiths in very limited air time showed some glimpses that there is something there ... yes ... he may take time but he has shown more in 5 games than Ty has shown in his third year in the system

Brendan Gale was the epitomy of the slow developing ruckman/forward but he always showed glimpses in that period . They all do

So far Ty has shown squat

I hate to sound like The General but...

How about his bit of play leading up to Jack's sixth goal against the Eagles last year?

Have also seen him make some slashing runs through the middle, very uncharacteristic for a ruckman.

He still needs improvement, but there's something there. In my opinion, of course.

Did have a decent pick up at one stage off the deck, then got his arm free of two tackles and gave off an effective hand ball.

This is not to say that I'm not worried about Ty but he does show some composure when the ball is in his hands.

Anyway I'm not sure you can judge a tall forward on last nights performance. Not even JR would have gotten a sniff last night.

Seriously there are some clowns on here this morning. Vickery has just played his first game of his 3rd season and already the boots are being sunk in. Is it too much to ask to see how he goes for a season now that he has the build to be able to compete before we start writing the kid off?

We will wait RT. We have to, he is on the list, so he gets another year to show us. What those who are writing him off are saying is, change our minds. Because atm he is looking like he is toast in 2 years.
You offer hopeful excuses on his experience, build etc..being the reason for what we see now. But alas they are hopeful excuses, backed up with 0 concrete facts on whether they are indeed the reasons.
What those who are bagging him are offering in their reasoning is, concrete facts on what they see, not what they think they might see, if what you hope were the reasons for not seeing them, are indeed the reasons for not seeing them. ;)

Well, in AFL football terms, Ty is a three year old.

Let's hope he keeps following my namesakes path and runs in a few Cups.

That would be nice . But the trainor is worried , might have to send him up to that young trainor in Sydney who is good at turning them around ... his name escapes me ....

Joseph Pride i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It always amazes me how calm and patient the dogs fans have been with Ayce Cordy (Spelling)? Compared to how we are with Ty. Although he didn't get a lot of the ball, I was really pleased with how well he moved in traffic, he seems to have a good footy brain, worth sticking with IMO.

We will wait RT. We have to, he is on the list, so he gets another year to show us. What those who are writing him off are saying is, change our minds. Because atm he is looking like he is toast in 2 years.
You offer hopeful excuses on his experience, build etc..being the reason for what we see now. But alas they are hopeful excuses, backed up with 0 concrete facts on whether they are indeed the reasons.
What those who are bagging him are offering in their reasoning is, concrete facts on what they see, not what they think they might see, if what you hope was the reason for not seeing, are the reasons for not seeing them. ;)
Heres the thing Cogga, like a number here I also have concerns about Ty moving forward, but can understand why he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his first couple of years. All I'm saying is now that he has the build to be able to compete against fellow ruckmen/KPPs can we see how he goes. If by seasons end he is still struggling to have an impact then we will have some valid reason to be concerned.

Well, in AFL football terms, Ty is a three year old.

Let's hope he keeps following my namesakes path and runs in a few Cups.

Hey i have worked it out. Seeing as the tigers brains trust went to the sales ring and bought a blue blood, bred to win a Cox plate and are scratching their heads as to why he cant win a Cranbourne trial, GELD HIM!!! It works a treat. ;)

It always amazes me how calm and patient the dogs fans have been with Ayce Cordy (Spelling)? Compared to how we are with Ty. Although he didn't get a lot of the ball, I was really pleased with how well he moved in traffic, he seems to have a good footy brain, worth sticking with IMO.
Much easier to be patient when you have a couple of strong ruckmen and you're top 4 every year ... granted

He has now place out there in the ones, he should be at coburg with Browne until they can both produce something at that level. Not having a crack at the bloke but he would struggle to be our 16th best in ANY game he has played thus far for us in the ones.

Things could be worse, he could be late 28 and pretending to play footy like Kosi. At present Ty commands a base salary and no more, leave him on the list until he either earns better bucks or someone else goes by him.

I rekon he is pretty good in traffic, fairly evasive for a big fella. Struggles out in the open, but last night wasn't a game for the big men. Is a tad slow but if he can build a tank then it shouldn't be an issue. What ruckman have we had, apart from ottens, who has impressed from day 1? None for a while, I wouldn't worry about him.

He will come good... needs time. The fact is though you never ever take a ruck with your first pick..... EVER. They just dont represent good value....

1. Take to long to develop
2. Injury proned.
3. Impact on the game questionable against a quality midfield.

Much easier to be patient when you have a couple of strong ruckmen and you're top 4 every year ... granted

True, but it's not as if our rucks are our biggest or more concerning problem. I'm happy to give Ty more time, but I can also see why he frustrates so many people, in the end we all just want to win.

My thoughts are that Ty is going to be an average ruck/forward footballer. I completely agree with some of the opinions that no one expects him to dominate or anything like that, but it is the fact that he hasn't shown anything at all. He is undersized so I don't expect much ruckwise but a few marks around the ground or at least run around and get a bit of ball in the midfield.

On the other hand if you compare him to a player like Ayce Cordy who was similarly talented and a similar size...you wouldn't say he has shown anything yet either.

Happy to give him time but I don't think in the long run he will justify a top ten pick but should be a ok option for 2nd ruck and tall option on the forward line. IMO will be Richmonds version of David Hale. Ziebell or Sidebottom would be very handy in our midfield right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back