Roast Ty-ragic Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously there are some clowns on here this morning. Vickery has just played his first game of his 3rd season and already the boots are being sunk in. Is it too much to ask to see how he goes for a season now that he has the build to be able to compete before we start writing the kid off?

Yeah it's pretty laughable :cool:
If he did this in another 2 years then I'd understand, but only at Tigerland would you get this type of backlash ;)

He will come good... needs time. The fact is though you never ever take a ruck with your first pick..... EVER. They just dont represent good value....

1. Take to long to develop
2. Injury proned.
3. Impact on the game questionable against a quality midfield.

As an old ruck, agree with you 100% Paul Roos has / had the right idea with ruckmen...let them develop at other clubs and then pick them up with 2nd round picks when they are ready to play. Did that a number of times over the years and is a great strategy for ruckmen.

As for Vickery, he showed glimpses last year but I'm thinking he's going to be more of a Josh Fraser type player...too small to compete as a ruckman and too tall to make it as a forward. And I know he's 200cm + but he doesn't play tall...at least not yet.

But FFS some of you are deadset imbeciles!!! He's not even 21 and you're turning on him...in fact have turned on him. Deadset I've read some of the most stupid posts on this thread for many a year.

agree. give the lad some time, but i also agree about showing us something would be a good thing as well. hes good below his knees and resonably quick of the mark, yet not great at tapwork or marking. needs plenty of development with lades over the next few years.

He will come good... needs time. The fact is though you never ever take a ruck with your first pick..... EVER. They just dont represent good value....

1. Take to long to develop
2. Injury proned.
3. Impact on the game questionable against a quality midfield.

Luenberg and Kruezer go okay, NickNat looks promising, we took McIntosh with our first pick.

But, a lot of good ruckman can be taken a lot later in the draft as it can be a 3-5 year development process and starring as a junior doesn't always mean you will star at AFL level and sucking as a junior doesn't always mean you will suck at AFL once you get that development.

We got Goldstein with a 3rd rounder from memory, guys like Cox and Sandilands were off the radar. I think it is good to take some roughies that you can try to turn into stars but you also have to look at some talented guys, a lot of ruckman these days in the juniors also spend a fair bit of time as a key forward.

should be a player review rule! no player reviews until after round 5 or red card, too much silliness.

agree. give the lad some time, but i also agree about showing us something would be a good thing as well. hes good below his knees and resonably quick of the mark, yet not great at tapwork or marking. needs plenty of development with lades over the next few years.

Yeah that's why I say that to me, he doesn't "plsy tall". If he's prepared to work hard, will be an asset once he gets another couple of years experience. And I don't believe he needs to have that experience in the seniors...just needs to play plenty of games.

And people, it's not his fault he was taken as a 1st rounder...lay off him!

Wouldn't have gone first round pick under the current Tigers coaching arrangement.
We have him, we may as well try and develop him. This game was a development game.
Hasn't showed much to date, but at least hes getting some size to him, and if he learns to use it, will be ok. I'd be prepared to be more patient with him than some others.

He looked a lot slower last night than he did last year, I think that might have been to do with the extra weight he put on. I certainly have faith he will be a good player given time, people just have to be patient.

Very harsh to have a go at him over last night imo as the delivery into the forwardline was very poor and he never really got a chance.

I would rather see him in the forwardline than that spud Miller thats for sure.

Hopefully it is just a matter of giving him some time but he definitely has not shown anything to indicate that he should be playing in the seniors. Most kids are made to earn their position in the side but Ty seems to be gifted a position regardless of his form.

Send him back to Coburg until he earns his place...

I hope to god this kid wasn't recruited simply because his dad is/was our boxing coach. I always said it was a HUGE risk recruiting a kid who's had a knee reco. We just cannot afford to be taking such risks given where we're at.

Ty had a regraft to his knee (ACL) in 2007, worked hard and came back and played some good footy in 2008 as an 18 yo.

He had one very good game for Vic Metro in 2008 which catapulted his drafting stocks above the level he should have been drafted at. His dad's involvement smacks a bit of nepotism and emotion to be honest by the RFC.

I think where he's atm is about right, a young tall who's not showing a lot. Ty spent the second half in the the VFL also not showing a lot but getting bigger and stronger.

I think his greatest problem is where RFC drafted him as he should have gone around pick 30 or so, as a young tall coming off an ACL regraft.

He's going to have to work hard on second efforts, getting involved and lifting intensity and desperation. Coburg for as long as it takes for mine. Ty's not AFL standard yet but still has a lot of time on his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dud. Seriously...

Discuss

wm's back and I owe tuuga some coin I believe.
Takes a big man to admit he was wrong.:thumbsu:
Have never seen anything in him that remotely resembles an AFL player.
He and Rance are hopeless and I would rather see Grimes and Gourdis in...at least they have ticker (OK, so Rance has ticker, but not much else).

Takes a big man to admit he was wrong.:thumbsu:
Have never seen anything in him that remotely resembles an AFL player.
He and Rance are hopeless and I would rather see Grimes and Gourdis in...at least they have ticker (OK, so Rance has ticker, but not much else).

Rance is a real concern. Decision making and disposal is not up to AFL standard. Looks like tarzan, plays like jane.

Rance is a real concern. Decision making and disposal is not up to AFL standard. Looks like tarzan, plays like jane.
Rance doesn't play tall and not skilfull enough to be a medium sized player.
At this stage if Vickery can end up as good as Kocshitscke, then I will be beside myself with joy.
Rance I have given up on altogether.
I should say though, that I have not seen the game and am in NYC and therefore am relying on other's people's accounts of the game.

Rance doesn't play tall and not skilfull enough to be a medium sized player.
At this stage if Vickery can end up as good as Kocshitscke, then I will be beside myself with joy.
Rance I have given up on altogether.
I should say though, that I have not seen the game and am in NYC and therefore am relying on other's people's accounts of the game.

We seem to regularly recruit these "nothing" type players. :mad:

I think I wrote this same sentiment on a thread early last year.

I agree with all the posters - yes, he's not going to dominate because he's not fully grown yet. OK.

But surely, surely at some stage he could have shown us a good grab, or jumped over a ruck contest for a tap. Show us something that makes us go 'When this kid is filled out, he'll be OK'. So far, all he's going to be is a filled-out log.

Delivery to him was rubbish and the ball was barely up there but yeah he's a long way away going by last night.

Not writing him off but I dont think I saw him take clean possession once and that's concerning.

This is more to the point for mine. Dunstall wouldn't have got a touch in that forward line last night.

Que Brad Miller.

Well apart from Newie, Rance has more scope than Macguane, Gourdis, Thursfield .

Blind Freddy can see that. Rance is a player , with his improving balance that with height can also play on the smaller forwards. This is clear!!!

BTW Tyronne has just proved what I was saying all along- Ruck/pinch hit forward!

I'm sure there was a reason why melbourne got rid of him.
yeah cause hes a dud, i couldnt believe that he got picked up,LOL as for vickery all signs point to dud, i wouldnt be concerned about last night, its only a preseason hit out.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back