Roast Ty-ragic Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rate players over the course of their careers. i have many criteria i like them to meet before i place them in the elite category.

jack had a very good yr last yr imo it was not an elite yr despite topping the coleman so last yr to me he was a b = very good.
for me to place him in the elite bracket he will have to become elite and even if one rated last yr elite he will have to show hes not a one yr wonder to earn such a high rating.
harsh maybe but thats the way i do it others are different.

Santa - I don't tend to agree with you too often but I do think you've nailed this one. It was one good to very good year...but not elite. He needs to repeat it for me to place him in the elite category...which I believe he can.

dude, you can post in hispanics or eskimonatics if you like. And yes the tiger family is big enough to embrace you and say to you that it will be alright and you can have your own quirks. We will even give you a warm cup of milk and tuck you into bed and read you a fairy tale...
Its ok man, all you need to say to the question was i like italics..and that was it...you made it out to be this life long crusade. ;)

Hahahaha...well played...:thumbsu:...

Though I'd like to say...that it has at times felt like a life long crusade by others on BF to prevent me using italics...but i gave it my best shot!...:D...

Damm you freezer and your clever suggestions...:D...

Ps...CoggaRules could you please read me that wonderfull fairy story where the young tigers of 2011 make the finals and...and...

how do you rate Lids given his two AA squads (not teams though)? He has obviously proven to have top level quality over time.

Though a lot about lids over the last 5 to 6 years with that very same question in mind...

I rate him as a very good player...but not elite...maybe he needs more time..?!?!...

For example at times i think him the equal of leigh montagna but not quiet as consistently excellent as lenny hayes or brendon goddard...

Watching him i get the feeling he is happy, if thats the right word, to beat his opponent on the day by sheer talent alone...and thats his job well done...

But not to go on and beat the opposition team...to influence a result that wins the game for the tigers in a tight contest like goddard almost did on his own for the saints in last years first granny...that was elite...

Give you the tip dude, if he aint a forward which he aint, then he is destined for a career in the VFL and lower leagues. You see we also saw a player debuting in the ruck and from day one he showed a presence. None of this have to develop bullshit excuses, he put his stamp on it. Vickery atm is about as crap as you can get them and long range tip is that he will be another failed high draft pick for us.;)

Gogga's, right on the folding stuff , another spud !!

we sure can pick 'em

You reckon... how'd he play today? :)
Not that bad actually. Spent a fair bit of time in the ruck and won his fair share of hitouts as well as possessions.

Not that bad actually. Spent a fair bit of time in the ruck and won his fair share of hitouts as well as possessions.

Agree! seems to be playing wth more confidence, took a few strong marks I think too.When he gets another season into him. Who knows!!:thumbsu:

Agree! seems to be playing wth more confidence, took a few strong marks I think too.When he gets another season into him. Who knows!!:thumbsu:

Him and Foley were just about our only 2 bright spots today. Strong overhead and at ground level. Moves pretty quick for a ruckman, can jump into a pack, knock a few over and keep his feet. I'd never seen him do that before and he did it a few times today. He's no Paul Salmon or Simon Madden but he is still bloody raw!

I'm pleased for him... and you may be right. I'm not softening my stance on him, l really am not optimistic about this one at all, however l'm pleased his had a little confidence boost in recent weeks.

Who knows, but think you'll find TV will be a long long project at best. He looks a bit scared.

:)

I'm pleased for him... and you may be right. I'm not softening my stance on him, l really am not optimistic about this one at all, however l'm pleased his had a little confidence boost in recent weeks.

Who knows, but think you'll find TV will be a long long project at best. He looks a bit scared.

I thought that over last 2 seasons. He always reminded me of the dog in The Castle when Eric Bana is practicing his kickboxing at Bonnie Doon. He seems confident and strong now. Unfprtunately he still looks like Screetch from Saved By The Bell.

08.27min of the following clip..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjxBkvv68o

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...a=X&ei=mO55TbKEBoaIvgP9u8ntBw&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAw

Didn't really see that today, if anything it was Graham that seemed to be scared of body contact today, frequently saw him drift past Maric at the centre bounce which simply allowed Maric to put the ball down the throats of his midfielders.

Agree with you on one thing though Wally TV is a work in progress but so far this year I'm liking what I'm seeing in terms of improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing he has shown this pre-season that I've been asking to see from him since he arrived, is that he can take a contested mark. Has taken more in three games than in the whole of his career to date. The fact they are practice matches means nothing, a contested mark is just that, and it's not like you're up against an opponent who isn't trying in that contest just because it's a praccy match. Always shown he has footy smarts, ffs he moves the ball on quicker than Jackson and co, but that's not your no. 1 priority for a bloke 200cm tall.

So the next phase is to see what he can do going in to the season proper with a bit of size and confidence. Needs to impact some "real" games now. Baby steps? :p

The one thing he has shown this pre-season that I've been asking to see from him since he arrived, is that he can take a contested mark. Has taken more in three games than in the whole of his career to date. The fact they are practice matches means nothing, a contested mark is just that, and it's not like you're up against an opponent who isn't trying in that contest just because it's a praccy match. Always shown he has footy smarts, ffs he moves the ball on quicker than Jackson and co, but that's not your no. 1 priority for a bloke 200cm tall.

So the next phase is to see what he can do going in to the season proper with a bit of size and confidence. Needs to impact some "real" games now. Baby steps? :p

Nah...many on here would be too impatient even for that...

TV needs to be 'wet nursed' by the RFC until he gets bigger, stronger...

In the meantime hopefully he doesnt get colic...:p...

Some of us have backed him all along, always showed he had the tools, just needed a little patience.

Our big man stocks are rising every game, got some real talent coming through there which is only still in its infancy.

Kicks straight and takes a clean one grab mark...:thumbsu:...

Also competes for the ball in his second efforts...:thumbsu:...

Never doubted he had the makings of a solid player...

After tonights efforts i think hes more of a forward than ruck in the mould of a Paul Salmon is our baby huey!...:thumbsu:...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back