U/16 Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Witkowski one to look out for has great agility, skills and can play most positions. Under 15 Vic Metro representative, in the 16's squad. Should not be overlooked!!

How do people rate Kayle Stringer Morris, played 15's last year unfortunately didn't get in the 16's squad this, would like to know how he goes, help would be appreciated!!:thumbsu:

Has anyone heard of Dion Prestia at Assumption? Only year 9 but freaky footballer. Amazing balance and just selected in Vic Country or Metro u15 squad. any thoughts?

Stephen Witkowski one to look out for has great agility, skills and can play most positions. Under 15 Vic Metro representative, in the 16's squad. Should not be overlooked!!

I agree with your comments on Wita!!

I heard that Lucin who is in the metro 16 squad played TAC Cup yesterday as a 15 year old for the cannons against the falcons down at Warranbool. Can anyone tell me how he went?

I heard that Lucin who is in the metro 16 squad played TAC Cup yesterday as a 15 year old for the cannons against the falcons down at Warranbool. Can anyone tell me how he went?

Just made some calls as I was not down that way and yes Lucin did play. He was actually named on Thursday night after a couple of late withdrawals. He started on the ground and played approx 1/2 of each 1/4 and was not out of his depth at all. Was around forward line most of the time. Conditions were shocking - poured rain nearly all game and freezing cold - so any possession was well earned. I bet a few of the falcon boys would be surprised to hear they played on a 15 year old.

Assumption look like PEGS 3 years ago atm.

jack watts def the one to watch out for in years to come. Will def get drafted if doesnt go over to USA and play college basketball. Another guy to watch out for James North plays with jack another very skillfull player than can play a few diff possitions

Dean Levitan

REMEMBER IT.

The kid is small but jeez can he run. Runs a huge beep test score and is abnormally quick over 20 and 100 metres. He is starting to bulk up and is very difficult to match up on.

Plays predominantly as a small forward but has the fitness of a midfielder. Has spurts in the midfield but kills opponents up forward with his blistering pace and surprisingly good over head mark.

Superb skills to match.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS KID.

Wasnt that guy caught with pot?

http://the.standard.net.au/articles/2007/05/28/1180205118444.html

This kid is 15, played his first senior game for Cobden in the Hampden League, which is one of the top leagues in country victoria. And the kid kicked 10... I'd say definately one to watch. Set to Captain the Geelong Falcons u/16s in a couple of weeks.

I play in the Hampden League 16's and never noticed him (that might be because he has been playing in the 18's). I'd say the one to watch from Cobden is Daniel Semmens. He is just a freak. The game plan against Cobden is "don't kick it to Semmens!". So if he is on one wing you kick it to the other wing and he still bloody marks it! The kid can not be stopped. Easily the best player I have played against. Covers a ridiculous amount of ground, kicks it 50m and takes about 8 contested marks every week.

Another kid that could make it is Marcus Darmody. He plays CHF/FF and gets double-teamed every week, but he never, ever loses a marking contest. Every time he plays in the 16's he kicks about 9 goals and dominates for the 18's as well. Kicks goals from 50m and can also play CHB. The attitude is questionable (especially at training), but I put that down to his red hair.

I know that he has played a fair bit for the Falcons, but I'm not sure how the whole thing works and if he has been selected to play at higher levels etc.

Michael Barnes
Playing Eastern Under 18's atm and is only 16
Averaging 22 possies a game.
Quick good skills
Very Very Good player
WATCH OUT FOR HIM

Would love to see Anton Woods make it, sublime player and a good bloke. Unfortunately height is a requirement these days. His teammate down at the Creek is a gun Steve Witkowski big boy with good skills. Also some talent coming through the former DVFL now Northern FL Squads.

Michael Barnes
Playing Eastern Under 18's atm and is only 16
Averaging 22 possies a game.
Quick good skills
Very Very Good player
WATCH OUT FOR HIM

every comment youve made has been about barnes hes not averaging 22 possies a game its probably around 15 he is a good player but eastern have played about 7 u16s already this year he stil has alot to learn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play in the Hampden League 16's and never noticed him (that might be because he has been playing in the 18's). I'd say the one to watch from Cobden is Daniel Semmens. He is just a freak. The game plan against Cobden is "don't kick it to Semmens!". So if he is on one wing you kick it to the other wing and he still bloody marks it! The kid can not be stopped. Easily the best player I have played against. Covers a ridiculous amount of ground, kicks it 50m and takes about 8 contested marks every week.

Another kid that could make it is Marcus Darmody. He plays CHF/FF and gets double-teamed every week, but he never, ever loses a marking contest. Every time he plays in the 16's he kicks about 9 goals and dominates for the 18's as well. Kicks goals from 50m and can also play CHB. The attitude is questionable (especially at training), but I put that down to his red hair.

I know that he has played a fair bit for the Falcons, but I'm not sure how the whole thing works and if he has been selected to play at higher levels etc.

I understand this kid might go alright in the 16's or 18's but at the u16 state level kids are playing at 18's or above . It's ok to get a kick against 16 year olds but when you play at state level your playing against kids from the country like ziebel priest pianto who are playing against men in tough senior footy . These kids are tough customers . Ziebel plays in the Ovens and murray and hurts people that get in his way men or boys and badly.Pianto is as hard as they come as well. If these kids played u16's they smash any one but they dont they play at the highest level they can. These 2 that your talking about might be ok in thier league but they havent made the squad yet so cant be that good .Hopefully they will develop over the next couple of years

I understand this kid might go alright in the 16's or 18's but at the u16 state level kids are playing at 18's or above . It's ok to get a kick against 16 year olds but when you play at state level your playing against kids from the country like ziebel priest pianto who are playing against men in tough senior footy . These kids are tough customers . Ziebel plays in the Ovens and murray and hurts people that get in his way men or boys and badly.Pianto is as hard as they come as well. If these kids played u16's they smash any one but they dont they play at the highest level they can. These 2 that your talking about might be ok in thier league but they havent made the squad yet so cant be that good .Hopefully they will develop over the next couple of years

Spot on. Talk to any of the State boys, both Metro or Country, and they all find playing u/16 football not challenging enough for them. Majority of the Metro boys would be training with their u/18 TAC club with 2 or 3 already having played an u/18 TAC game. You would find they also play year 12 football while being in year 10.

Tom Snell, this kid was very very unlucky going through the u16 vic metro trials by recieving patella tendonitis in which he needed to take a few months off. This kid i know personally and he has achieved in the past 3 years two 1sts u13,u15 b&f, a 2nd league u14 b&f, was awarded Northern Knights Rookie of the year last year and played 4 games this year and polled 9 votes after once again playing with an ankle injury. Keep your eye out for this kid, a very likely candidate for the vic metro u18 team.

Remove this Banner Ad

U/16 Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back