U/18 Carnival

Remove this Banner Ad

highly highly over rated in my opinion.

I think that Vickery did his ACL recovery at Richmond. Any relation to the Richmond boxing coach?

I agree we should look at ruckman or key forwards. Why look at key backman when we have Moore and Thursfield who can hold their own and Rance coming through. Why not target Watts or mcKernan?

How can you over rate a 196cm+ mobile KPP that can play forward and back who has a frame to suggest he will end up like J. Brown?

Oh yes, these guys grow on trees and we can pick them off any time we like. You are suggesting midfielders and outside flankers are much harder to find I suppose.:rolleyes:

VIC C Vs TAS: Seeing as it was a 98 point win for the Vics, it was hard to like anything Tas had, but Cornelius looked good! He, like Johnstone (above), also lacked some intensity (2nd efforts, etc), and his hands wern't as sticky (marking wise :p) as i would like, but he got between 4 and 6 in a 100 point losing team.

Just got around to watching this match off the video last night. Apart from all of the really top nothc picks (Watts, Natanui, Rich, Hartlett etc) one Tassie player that caught my eye for maybe a second rounder or late first round pick was their No.3 Tom Allwright. He was a class above any of the other Tassie blokes using the ball and looked a very intelligent player too.

In my opinion i believe we should draft Jack Ziebell.

He managed to be named in the U18 All Australian Team and is a good midfielder

I was looking on the draft n trading page today, and many on the phantom draft thread believe that Ziebell will be snapped up with pick 5-7...possibly before ours :mad:. I don't know if that is just "he's in the the AA U/18 squad, so he must be good" or if the BF posters there know what theyre on about, but I really hope we have the sense to take him if available, as he oozes class, can kick it miles (accurately) on both feet and most importantly, gets plenty of, and classy and accurate, clearances!
But I don't want Hartlett...despite his class and ability, I'm sick of taking small-bodied players and waiting for them to develop (Tambling, JON etc)...if they don't develop as hoped, we've wasted time on them, and they often only turn out to be above average receivers :(. So if we get a mid, it has to be big-bodied!!!
And if we can't get Jack, then a KPP (Hurley, McKernan, Lisle, Trengrove) is the one for us, I think!!!

So yeah! :D

I think it is safe to say we won't get any of Rich, Watts, Natanui, Ziebell, Hurley. Now I think we are probably best served targeting Vickery. Is pick 8 too high to get Vickey? What is the bet we downgrade as in 2006? Or is it possible for us to upgrade our second rounder to say pick 13-18? Cameron has his work cut out.

I think it is safe to say we won't get any of Rich, Watts, Natanui, Ziebell, Hurley. Now I think we are probably best served targeting Vickery. Is pick 8 too high to get Vickey? What is the bet we downgrade as in 2006? Or is it possible for us to upgrade our second rounder to say pick 13-18? Cameron has his work cut out.
I wouldn't give up on Ziebell or Hurley just yet...theirs always movers and sliders after the first three or four, and after Rich Watts and Natanui, it's not so cut and dried, with about 15 players in contention for the remaining 7 top-10 picks :)

There's been a lot of Vickery hype as of late - and I must say I'm not one of the people who's bought into it at all.

He stands at 200 cm, and 86 cm, and I see him purely as a ruckman, who plays forward every now and then .

Played forward for Vic Metro during the carnival on occasion - and kicked a fair few goals too - but I can't see him doing that at AFL level. Is reasonably quick, and he can take a mark, but his disposal isn't great by any means.

And for a ruckman, he gets beaten in the ruck contests too often. Jordan Roughead and him were pretty even, whilst Naitanui thrashed him in the ruck. If you're going to pick up a ruck so early, he better be abe to win the taps.

That's not to say I don't see him going early - I see him being snapped up between 10-25, but I don't see him warranting being picked up before pick 15.

If our heart is set on getting KPP's, I'd much prefer to get Shaun McKernan at our first pick, as I just love the look of the kid.

He has so much more mobility, can truly lock down a KPP position on either side of the field, backs himself, has good pace, a good leap and is the kind of guy you love to watch.

If Vickery is there when it's our second round pick, then snap him up for sure, but I'd prefer if we targeted midfielders in the second round, for it is they who win games, and we need to keep building ours up.

First round: McKernan - failing that - Ziebell/Sidebottom
Second round: Swift/Robinson/Heyne/Yarran/Zaharakis/Rockliff

Just got around to watching this match off the video last night. Apart from all of the really top nothc picks (Watts, Natanui, Rich, Hartlett etc) one Tassie player that caught my eye for maybe a second rounder or late first round pick was their No.3 Tom Allwright. He was a class above any of the other Tassie blokes using the ball and looked a very intelligent player too.

Allright is good, but you won't have to use a first or second pick on him to get him. Should still be around in the 40's, if he goes at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

U/18 Carnival

Remove this Banner Ad

Back