U18 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can anyone bag Altona for doing this....Werribee have been doing it all season...if you go back you will notice that players who played for Werribee also played for the Jets on the same day????.... that's not called qualifying everyone is it???
Now mate, I am purely an observer of the u18 competition but have a fair handle on the rules. The games that you allege that Werribee are putting down jets players when thay have played TAC cup, I can inform you that those games do not count for qualification for Werribee. Similarly Glen Orden , who we know cant make finals but the point is the same as far as games played, play some kids in the 18s in the morning and then play in the seniors in the avo. Hoppers have kids play two games on the same day....only the higher grade game counts. So there is no advantage for Werribee and Hoppers, as an example, to put them on the sheet other than the fact they did play( which the jets boys wouldnt have) or an administrative error.
You may consider changing your name until you do know at least one thing:p

Pace is 5-6 weeks of playing again, and the Altona ones cant make finals and Altona 18's will!
Last year Altona beat werribee 4 times throughout the year, by 10 goals 2 weeks before the grandfinal.
Anything can happen on the day, and if Altona make the granny they are going to want todo anything they can to win it.
If Dean Pace can help Altona make up for lasts year dissapoinment, then why wouldn't he play:confused:
I watched last years GF in which I think you may have played. It is true what you say with bench numbers and anything can happen on the day - last years game proved that. Werribee knew they had to do something different to win...they brought 3 very good u16 players, some bigger bodied boys from the 18B's including a ruckman. Dropping back a player from senior footy after 2 years shows a lack of faith in the structure and development of the current u18 group imo.

U18 footy is still about development and the trophies are reward for that development

Now mate, I am purely an observer of the u18 competition but have a fair handle on the rules. The games that you allege that Werribee are putting down jets players when thay have played TAC cup, I can inform you that those games do not count for qualification for Werribee. Similarly Glen Orden , who we know cant make finals but the point is the same as far as games played, play some kids in the 18s in the morning and then play in the seniors in the avo. Hoppers have kids play two games on the same day....only the higher grade game counts. So there is no advantage for Werribee and Hoppers, as an example, to put them on the sheet other than the fact they did play( which the jets boys wouldnt have) or an administrative error.
You may consider changing your name until you do know at least one thing:p

But they didn't play..same as Pace last Saturday..how can they possibly be on the team sheet????? Sure play two games a day I don't give a sh** but make sure you're at least sitting on the bench not a phantom!!!

im very happy for jakey allan. deserves it after a big pre-season and progress as a bottom age player this year has been great. good mate of mine and i wish him the best of luck :)

But they didn't play..same as Pace last Saturday..how can they possibly be on the team sheet????? Sure play two games a day I don't give a sh** but make sure you're at least sitting on the bench not a phantom!!!
Read my post again you muppett....particularly the part you highlighted....the games dont count anyway and its obvious that the jets kids didnt play cos they couldnt have been in two places at the same time, so clearly it is an administrative or internet posting error.
The Altona naming of Pace is an obvious useage of a loophole. Anyway I dont really care...my point of view is that I have admired Altona for their promotion of the 18s into seniors over the last few and I feel that if they want to be trophy hunters then so be it.
As far as bangles saying here is a chance to make up for last years pain that a load of crap as there is only about 6 or so players from last years Altona Gf team playing. Every team is different and every coach is different.

Read my post again you muppett....particularly the part you highlighted....the games dont count anyway and its obvious that the jets kids didnt play cos they couldnt have been in two places at the same time, so clearly it is an administrative or internet posting error.
The Altona naming of Pace is an obvious useage of a loophole. Anyway I dont really care...my point of view is that I have admired Altona for their promotion of the 18s into seniors over the last few and I feel that if they want to be trophy hunters then so be it.
As far as bangles saying here is a chance to make up for last years pain that a load of crap as there is only about 6 or so players from last years Altona Gf team playing. Every team is different and every coach is different.

Its not trophy hunting, Pace is in the middle of a 6 week injury. He has played 9 games in the seniors, and the cut-off is 10 games. Being a 6 weeks injury, it works out with him coming back right before finals start. Why wouldnt he drop down into the 18's and play finals, instead of being stranded with no footy after the seniors are finished?

Them 6 players are the greater majority of the leadership group.
Also a major part of this years team played Altona 18 B's for most the year, but missed out on finals in A's, so they would want to get it back just as much as those 6 players who played A's last year.

Every team is different and every coach is different, very true!
BUT every team and every coach wants to win a grand final.
Your opinion that it is bad for Altona to Pace in 18's; but he would only play if the team wants him to, and i couldn't see a proper reason why any under 18 team wouldn't want a qaulity seniors player, eligible to play 18's in the outfit.

this is big footy LOL:eek:
as fare as i know Pace has a saw foot and hasnt't been able to play, its a prolonged injury so it could be the season but its being taken by a week by week basis!
i aint 100% on what is going on, but as fare as i know he is on the team cheat, which isn't against the wrfl rules.

With what again :confused::confused:
Bangels I will spell it out for you the rule is you cant be on the team sheet and have a long term injury you must have pulled out on the day that is why you are required to sign the team sheet on the morning of the game or clubs could just fill it out on Thursday night .So when you say it isnt against the rules I believe it is nothing against Dean he is a really nice bloke but you guys are openly breaking the rules "Cheating". This is the issue nothing else.Why I say again is didnt you guys also try and sneak Shaun Tighe into a finals game a season or two ago you guys have a history.

im very happy for jakey allan. deserves it after a big pre-season and progress as a bottom age player this year has been great. good mate of mine and i wish him the best of luck :)
jAkes selection has been lost in the Altonagate discussion but it is fantastic for him and hope he does well:thumbsu:

this is big footy LOL:eek:
as fare as i know Pace has a saw foot and hasnt't been able to play, its a prolonged injury so it could be the season but its being taken by a week by week basis!
i aint 100% on what is going on, but as fare as i know he is on the team cheat, which isn't against the wrfl rules.
That is what is known as a Freudian slip

Bangels I will spell it out for you the rule is you cant be on the team sheet and have a long term injury you must have pulled out on the day that is why you are required to sign the team sheet on the morning of the game or clubs could just fill it out on Thursday night .So when you say it isnt against the rules I believe it is nothing against Dean he is a really nice bloke but you guys are openly breaking the rules "Cheating". This is the issue nothing else.Why I say again is didnt you guys also try and sneak Shaun Tighe into a finals game a season or two ago you guys have a history.

:thumbsu: that's what I's talking about man. Bangels how bout takin a look at the WRFL Rules and Regulations
7. ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS FOR FINALS
7.1 Eligibility of Seniors Players in Finals Games​
(a) To be eligible for Senior grade finals games, players must play a minimum of six (6)
home and away games with that club. Any player who has played half the home and
away games plus one (1) game during the season with teams in a higher grade, may not
play in a finals game, in a lower grade, players who play in two (2) or more games in the
same weekend can only count the game played in the higher grade as qualifying for​
finals.
See the word play it doesn't say "had their name of a team sheet" - now who were you saying was a muppet??

who cares about pace it is 1 player
and 1 player isnt going to win altona
the grand final and plus they got to get there first.
and pacey is apparently playing seniors next week
so he cant play finals with the 18s anyway

who cares about pace it is 1 player
and 1 player isnt going to win altona
the grand final and plus they got to get there first.
and pacey is apparently playing seniors next week
so he cant play finals with the 18s anyway

Exactly.... but that's not what its all about...its about everyone cheating and putting players on there team sheets who aren't actually playing...werribee have been doing it all year with there jets players...who is signing the team sheets to say these players are playing..obviously not the players because there not there..someone involved in the administration "error" hey bustapaks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really I suppose...I don't give a sh*t who plays, I probably won't be there anyway...perhaps we should just dump the whole qualifying bit and say if your under 18 you can play..does it really matter...Conway and Casley can play with Williamstown...Lawson can line up with Altona..Fitzpatrick can pull on the boots for Wyndamvale...let's just leave it open for everyone who qualifes as Under 18!!

Exactly.... but that's not what its all about...its about everyone cheating and putting players on there team sheets who aren't actually playing...werribee have been doing it all year with there jets players...who is signing the team sheets to say these players are playing..obviously not the players because there not there..someone involved in the administration "error" hey bustapaks!
Mate I think you have missed the point Bustapaks is making if you are playing with the Jets and your name is on your clubs teamsheet only the higher ranked game counts so only the Jets game would count.Also there is a clause about playing so many Jets games you then become ineligible for your team come finals time I think this may be 10 games but I am not sure so most of these guys you raise would be unable to qualify.

with the pace argument. whats to stop him signing the team sheet and sitting on the bench the whole game, that isnt cheating!

also altona, have started to turn there season back around. with a 18 point win over hoppers.

how can anyone bag Altona for doing this....Werribee have been doing it all season...if you go back you will notice that players who played for Werribee also played for the Jets on the same day????.... that's not called qualifying everyone is it???
I have followed your advice and can only find one time (not quite the "all season"as suggested) that has happened on Werribee's list - that is why I feel it is and admin error as opposed to the two times Altona have named injured players - one was rafferty and the other pace.

really I suppose...I don't give a sh*t who plays, I probably won't be there anyway...perhaps we should just dump the whole qualifying bit and say if your under 18 you can play..does it really matter...Conway and Casley can play with Williamstown...Lawson can line up with Altona..Fitzpatrick can pull on the boots for Wyndamvale...let's just leave it open for everyone who qualifes as Under 18!!
I could live with that

I could live with that

obvisouly the WRFL were allways going to notice that dean pace is being put down as playing 18's, if he is allowed to play, then so be it, and if he isn't, then so be it!

on a different note!
Altona have scored a massive win against hoppers, putting them 2 wins away from Hoppers, Willi and Vales.
Altona played with a full side, with Tedesco, Zagger and Fogarty coming back in, though Healy was out, showing that fully an equiped Altona are a very good outfit!
This weeks game against Williamstown will be very good game, im tipping Altona by 4 goals!

willy r an average side. altona by plenty id say. how did willy beat colts by only 40?

i would say the umpires helped colts but i rekon they did ok for once :p , the colts did well with good defence, other than that willy didnt look that strong, i dont really watch many under 18 games but was there early and they didnt impress me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back