Ufc 106 - hw championship !! Lesnar vs carwin -- its on !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Question... Where do most of you MMA junkies watch your MMA? Whether it be UFC, Pride etc? Foxtel? DVD's? Torrents? Where would you watch a Pride PPV? Do they do them on Main Event?

Damn, any news on Brock's reason? Sucks ass for everyone, The UFC, the fans and the fighters when that happens. Especially one on the draw of a Brock Lesnar title fight. Hope it's not too serious, "illness" that stops you fighting can't be that good.

Allegedly he has not been able to train for the past month, just hope it is nothing too serious or long term (ie glandular).

This will hurt Dana financially though... the UFC 106 card is very weak without the Brock title defense.

EDIT: Looks like he had swine flu.

Question... Where do most of you MMA junkies watch your MMA? Whether it be UFC, Pride etc? Foxtel? DVD's? Torrents? Where would you watch a Pride PPV? Do they do them on Main Event?

Firstly they don't do Pride PPV's anymore because Pride isn't around anymore :(

Back in the day I used to have to wait for .torrents or buy the DVD when it came out as Pride PPVs were never shown in Australia.

As for UFC's, as I don't have foxtel I occasionally buy the PPV's if they are quality cards with a few mates and watch it at my folks house, but most of the time I stream them or wait for the .torrent shortly afterwards. Strikeforce, Sengoku and Dream I always have to stream as they are not available as PPV's

If you want to see all the Pride PPV's it's best to buy the DVD's or search out the torrents. I bought all 5 Legacy pack DVD's which have lots of past events, but miss out some of the better ones (GP's, Shockwaves, etc), which I downloaded using .torrents.

Also UFC have 1-30 available cheap on DVD from Ebay, and there are lots of other 5-event packs availably.

I actually prefer to seek out the PPV as the DVD's can cut bits out... My MMA collection has taken years to build up, but after lots of downloading I have all the UFC's + prelims, Pride's, most of KOTC, Cage Rage, Sengoku, Strikeforce/EliteXC, plus many other classic events, Battlecade, IVC, WFA, WEF, Russian NHB, Rio Heroes!, etc etc etc

Worth seeking out to expand your MMA knowledge!

Firstly they don't do Pride PPV's anymore because Pride isn't around anymore :(

Back in the day I used to have to wait for .torrents or buy the DVD when it came out as Pride PPVs were never shown in Australia.

As for UFC's, as I don't have foxtel I occasionally buy the PPV's if they are quality cards with a few mates and watch it at my folks house, but most of the time I stream them or wait for the .torrent shortly afterwards. Strikeforce, Sengoku and Dream I always have to stream as they are not available as PPV's

If you want to see all the Pride PPV's it's best to buy the DVD's or search out the torrents. I bought all 5 Legacy pack DVD's which have lots of past events, but miss out some of the better ones (GP's, Shockwaves, etc), which I downloaded using .torrents.

Also UFC have 1-30 available cheap on DVD from Ebay, and there are lots of other 5-event packs availably.

I actually prefer to seek out the PPV as the DVD's can cut bits out... My MMA collection has taken years to build up, but after lots of downloading I have all the UFC's + prelims, Pride's, most of KOTC, Cage Rage, Sengoku, Strikeforce/EliteXC, plus many other classic events, Battlecade, IVC, WFA, WEF, Russian NHB, Rio Heroes!, etc etc etc

Worth seeking out to expand your MMA knowledge!

Excuse the ignorance here, but is there a site you can download from that an almost completely computer-illiterate hack like myself could manage to negotiate? Do you need any special bells-and-whistle's on your computer to do it?

Excuse the ignorance here, but is there a site you can download from that an almost completely computer-illiterate hack like myself could manage to negotiate? Do you need any special bells-and-whistle's on your computer to do it?

Its pretty easy, even you should be OK.

Cheers for the input, Buddster. You've been a great help. :)

Do you understand torrents? Getting UFC events is tough due to... well lets just say it, it's illegal. As a matter of fact I'm faily sure we can't tell you where to get torrents as BF policy but you need a login from most of them and they don't tend to give them out anymore, so you're screwed.

If you try MMATKO or MMASHARE (google it, they'll come right up) the'll post most fights, takes an hour or two though.

But your best bet is to actually buy them. I find you spend as much on you DL cap as you do just picking up a 5 pack of DVD's. And that DL limit could be used for more pr0n!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/11335/

Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and it will be some time as to when he will fight again.

Lesnar, 32, went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he has requested confidentiality with the UFC as to what it is. Dana White said tonight that he promised Lesnar to keep the disease private, and said he doesn't have cancer or AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and there are at least two things wrong and there may be more.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

Also, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has a very serious staph infection and his fight with Cain Velasquez at UFC 108 is off. Nogueira will need an IV to hopefully get the infection out.

With Lesnar out indefinitely, Shane Carwin has undergone knee surgery, so he will not be available to face Velasquez at UFC 108.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/11335/

Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and it will be some time as to when he will fight again.

Lesnar, 32, went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he has requested confidentiality with the UFC as to what it is. Dana White said tonight that he promised Lesnar to keep the disease private, and said he doesn't have cancer or AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and there are at least two things wrong and there may be more.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

Also, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has a very serious staph infection and his fight with Cain Velasquez at UFC 108 is off. Nogueira will need an IV to hopefully get the infection out.

With Lesnar out indefinitely, Shane Carwin has undergone knee surgery, so he will not be available to face Velasquez at UFC 108.

god dammit, just as the hw division was starting to get some real depth they all decide to go and injured/sick.

They're saying Lesnar's career could come to an end.

Disappointed about Big Nog too. Really wanted to see him beat Velasquez. Hopefully he takes his time coming back because the Nogueira who was KO'd by Mir was not the one we love.

I'm saddened to read that Lesnar won't be fighting Carwin. It could have been a very interesting matchup indeed. :( I would have tipped a healthy Lesnar but you have to respect Carwin because he only needs to land one punch, so is always a chance no matter who he fights.

Suppose this card is still pretty decent despite losing Lesnar/Carwin and Fitch/Almeida.

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - I thought Forrest just edged out their first fight and he's improved a lot since then while Tito has stagnated for years, going for Forrest by decision unless the Silva loss has really messed with him
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - Kos is the better wrestler but he'll try to stand with Rumble and get knocked out
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni - eh, who cares
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - great fight, Banha's a real chance but going with Little Nog to win in his long overdue UFC debut
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - Karo's a headcase these days, I'd have no confidence in backing him

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis - Davis by TKO
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs Jacob Volkmann - Thiago by sub
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs Jake Rosholt - Rosholt by decision
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - Larson to make up for the disappointing loss to Pierce by taking this easily
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - going with the veteran
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent - Sots by sub, hopefully setting him up to get a name opponent on the Australian card

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Yeh I'm not confident in Forrest after the embarrassment that was the Silva fight, but I see him winning this. Decision in what may be the worst fight on the card.
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - It'll be interesting to see the size difference as Kos is a big WW as well. Kos needs to go back to his roots here or he's getting knocked out. Surely he won't stand? Tentatively going Kos by decision.
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni - This should be interesting. Very odd clash of characters here, but I'm not sure how the styles will mix. Another tentative guess, sub in the 2nd.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - I don't want either to lose, but Rogerio can afford to the least. He needs to come in and impress people which many Pride fighters haven't. Unfortunetly, he's up against an awesome prospect and I think Cane's ready to take the next step. Decision.
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - With Ross on this. Probably a decision as well. I can definitely see Karo winning though.

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis - I think both could get KO'd but I think Saunders might get a late sub.
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs Jake Rosholt - Rosholt by decision, probably the end of Grove.
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - Larson sub early
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - Dunno Camoes but I'll stick with Uno
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent - Dent is solid but George should have him covered.

Not a bad card really. Cane/Rogerio being the most interesting fight to me, then Johnson/Koscheck. It'll be good to see how Forrest rebounds and what Tito has left and what Karo can throw up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonman34

Found this awhile back. For those who are interested its following Tito around since his surgery, shows his workout and recovery, plus random PR work. Can't help but be entertained by his childish antics :D

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - by Decision
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - Really want to tip Koscheck, but can't Johnson is a monster, Knockout in the second.
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni - TKO in the second
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - Little Nog by Decision
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - Sub (armbar)

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis - KO by headkick
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - by Decision
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - Don't really know, going the newcomer by Sub.
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent - By Sub

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Griffin to bounce back and win by decision
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - Really looking forward to this fight. I hope Kos plays it smart it takes it down. He can win if he does. Kos by decision.
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni - The experienced Baroni to bounce back against the overrated Sadollah. Baroni by TKO.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - I've never seen little Nog, but Cane's pretty awesome so I'll go with him.
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - Really looking forward to this fight. Tough, experienced Parisyan against the highly talented young Hazelett. We'll see some good ground skills on display. Hazelett to bounce back and win by sub.

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis - KO win for Saunders
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - Larson by sub.
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - Don't know Camoes.
Welterweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent - Big test for Sotiropoulos but I'm going to back his submission skills. Wins by sub.

Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - Really looking forward to this fight. Tough, experienced Parisyan against the highly talented young Hazelett. We'll see some good ground skills on display. Hazelett to bounce back and win by sub.

Hazelett's won his last couple of fights in impressive fashion. Here's my picks though,

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Forrest is my favourite fighter and I thought he was unlucky not to get the decision the first time. Hopefully he keeps his cool and doesn't let Tito rock him. Forrest by sub.
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - I can see Koscheck grinding this one out. Everyone knows he's gonna try and take it to the ground but Koscheck's got power in his hands too and hopefully can avoid Johnson's reach. Koscheck by decision or ground and pound.
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni - Really like Amir's personality and I think he's got some talent. This is his fight to lose and I got him by sub.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - Love watching Hazelett's grappling skills. Hazelett by flying omoplata :D

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis - Davis to outwork Saunders and get the decision.
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs Jacob Volkmann - Don't know about Volkmann.
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - by sub
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - Don't really about Camoes
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent - Aussie by sub in the 1st!

This card has an unhealthy amount of some of my most hated fighters on it. If Lesnar was fighting on it it would be a clean sweep. I've always hated Kos, Sadollah, Baroni, Karo and Da Spider, some for legit reason but some not. Ah well at least some will get their heads kicked in.

Main card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Meh.
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson - Easily fight of the card. Rumble takes it if he can make weight and the cut deon't stuff him up too much
Welterweight bout:Amir Sadollahvs Phil Baroni - Baroni should make sort work of Amir, unless he has improved sifcnicatnly. But I suspect he's still sub UFC level. The on;y thing going for Sadollah is he's tapped C.B. Dollaway twice which by all acounts should make me like him, but I don't. He looks like an oily haired bogan and it just shits me.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira:- Wasn't this fight off? Should be epic at any rate.
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs Dustin Hazelett - I also love Hazelett but I think Karo is to in the head for him. The dude is ****ing nuts.

Prelims
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis -
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs Jacob Volkmann -
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs Jake Rosholt - Good I hope Grove gets his head kicked in.
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs Brian Foster - by sub
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes - Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent -

Josh Koscheck biggest knob in the UFC?

Tito is BACK baby! yeah. Should outclass the overrated brawler that is Griffin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ufc 106 - hw championship !! Lesnar vs carwin -- its on !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back