MMA-Other UFC 303

Remove this Banner Ad

You can tell Dana doesn't want to talk up Alex Pereira too much.. doesn't want Alex to hit superstar status.. doesn't want to fork out the $$$$ he deserves.

I don't think they would tbh. Jiri walked into Rakics punches and Alex nearly killed him. He's made of something different it's like he fights with Brass Knuckles
Yeah he would be intriguing at HW

Could Jones just rag doll him? Could Aspinall be to quick and agile for him?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

If he were to go to HW I would like a pure striker matchup first... Pav has just lost 2.. I wouldn't mind that as his first task.

AP v Volkov who just beat Pavlovic

AP wins, he fights Aspinall. Volkov wins he might be near a shot, but most likely a #1 contender fight.
It would have to be Volkov, Gane or Pav if you want a suitable lead in. No one else will stand with him.

It might make more sense to let him put Ankalaev out, see what happens with Aspinall/Blaydes and Jones/Stipe, and go from there. If Jones fights, he likely retires there and then. So fair chance you get Aspinall vs Poatan for the title, and he's done more than enough to earn that chance.

I get not liking Izzy's personality, but he was a great champion who defended his title at least twice a year for 5 years. Adesanya is still the best fighter Pereira has beaten imo.
Izzy's a great fighter, only guy on earth who can actually kickbox with Poatan and do it well I've never said he's shit. But he's a ****ing flog and every single thing Poatan does is better in his life

Yeah he would be intriguing at HW

Could Jones just rag doll him? Could Aspinall be to quick and agile for him?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Probably yes and yes because those 2 are elite heavy weight grapplers and he's not. Hed have to spend every single day in the gym training take down defence but I can't see how he gets up if he does down once with those guys. Even Jiri held him against the fence for a little. Bloody well bet Aspinall can.

But still

Alex said him and his coach saw a video of Jiris pre fight warmup and he wasn't defending the calf kick properly and that is where he saw the opening for the high kick. He said he was more concerned with defending his calf than head.

It would have to be Volkov, Gane or Pav if you want a suitable lead in. No one else will stand with him.

It might make more sense to let him put Ankalaev out, see what happens with Aspinall/Blaydes and Jones/Stipe, and go from there. If Jones fights, he likely retires there and then. So fair chance you get Aspinall vs Poatan for the title, and he's done more than enough to earn that chance.

Aspinall really is a bad match up for Poetan, taller, heavier and more reach (I think anyway) and plus can grapple. He's also not a ****ing idiot and would be making sure he fights smart and gets the TD.

But yeah Poetan deserves that shot and deserves to be able to wait after stepping in like he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aspinall really is a bad match up for Poetan, taller, heavier and more reach (I think anyway) and plus can grapple. He's also not a ****ing idiot and would be making sure he fights smart and gets the TD.

But yeah Poetan deserves that shot and deserves to be able to wait after stepping in like he did.
Pereira doesn't wait, not in his nature.

Anyway, that's enough fawning over the guy. Haven't seen this level of hyperbole and obsession since the Conor days!

Dana needs to get over Jon Jones, the bloke has fought once in 4 years and held the HW division hostage wanting to fight Stipe who he knows is no threat as his almost 45 and hasn't fought for 4 years.. Jones is a joke.. not to mention he was on the decline his last few fights at LHW.

Alex got a 303k bonus from Dana aswell as all the PPV points and his base pay. If he was 27 not 37 he could have been absolutely anything

Deserves it all too, he saved the event from being a complete washout pretty much.

Maybe his kickboxing career has been the experience he needed to dominate the UFC though. i think kickboxing generally translates much better to MMA than boxing for example, he really hasn't had an opponent that has tried to wrestle**** him yet though. Jan tried a bit I think but I actually missed that fight.

Deserves it all too, he saved the event from being a complete washout pretty much.

Maybe his kickboxing career has been the experience he needed to dominate the UFC though. i think kickboxing generally translates much better to MMA than boxing for example, he really hasn't had an opponent that has tried to wrestle**** him yet though. Jan tried a bit I think but I actually missed that fight.
Jan held him down quite alot, he just could do anything with the positions.

Same as the Izzy fight I guess then, I should watch it
Nah was a bit of a fizzer, both looked gassed from the altitude. Alex hit him more times but neither could really generate power. Easily his most boring fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back