FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Braquo - Season 1

F23 refreshed my memory on this one. Its a French cop show produced in 2009 and hitting our shores now on Showcase.

It is seriously well produced, if you were to compare it to 'The Shield' reason is its effectively the Strike Team, a team of 4 who get themselves in serious shit from episode one and try to dig their way out of it and just dig deeper.

I won't spoil it with the incidents but I seriously recommend this show, I have just watched Season 1 again and now Season 2 played in 2011 which I will watch in the next day or so. Each series is 8 episodes with 45 minute episodes.

I should add that there is a crazy IA guy who plays the obsessive Forrest Whittaker role.

Great acting all round and fairly realistic, check it out.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429534/

Braquo - Season 1

F23 refreshed my memory on this one. Its a French cop show produced in 2009 and hitting our shores now on Showcase.

It is seriously well produced, if you were to compare it to 'The Shield' reason is its effectively the Strike Team, a team of 4 who get themselves in serious shit from episode one and try to dig their way out of it and just dig deeper.

Came to this thread actually to post about this show which is on my IQ at the moment.

Just watched the pilot and thought it was very good. Have never heard of it before.

Co-starring renaissance man, Ben"Plan B"Drew. He's directed a new Brit crime movie Ill Manors

Ill Manors:

Great flick, narrated with rymes, if you like Top Boy you will love this.

Extremely well produced and directed, the music is awesome and the starting sequence is memorable. Really rough English acting, very genuine. 9/10 for me

I
Thanks GH, been looking forward to this :thumbsu:

I think I'll manors is top of the crop when it comes to British crime/ gang shows/ movies. Another comparison is the take. The rapping as a storyline was sublime.

Has anyone seen 'the Sweeney' can't find a 'source' for this as yet.

I think I'll manors is top of the crop when it comes to British crime/ gang shows/ movies.

Watched this tonight and thought it was okay. The first half of the film was very good. The scene with Jake out at the canal was particularly brutal and well executed. They used this too early in the film though imo.

From there it all went down hill and was average.

Did anyone notice on the final ep of goodcop where brown's character was talking the other cop with the beard in the locker room.Brown's character had 2 pics inside hes locker door of boxer/kickboxer/ one of the pics looked like the person was holding a belt.I reckon it might be of brown because he use to be a thai boxing champion.Anyway good ep that one hope that wasnt the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside Men was okay but I felt the style of the show flashing back and forth didn't quite work for it. The suspense wasn't there after the first couple of eps. Having said that the performance of Steven Mackintosh (reminding me of Christopher Eccleston character in the Shadow Line) was superb.

I just posted this in another thread and realised it fits in here quite well. Not from the UK, although they are remaking it, but I couldn't recommend The Bridge highly enough. Similar to many UK cop shows, lots of suspense, terrific story and superb acting. It's around on the net, but you could probably also find it on SBS catch up as they aired it a few months ago.

When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border, Danish inspector Marin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer.
IMDB

Very slight spoiler in this video, won't matter after the 10 min mark of the first episode though.

yeah grabbed that as well, as a great show im not sold, as an average show its really great
I have the first 2 episodes, will watch it tomorrow. Will measure my expectations (if I had any) based on your quote.

Did you watch Braquo and Hatufim?

I have the first 2 episodes, will watch it tomorrow. Will measure my expectations (if I had any) based on your quote.

Did you watch Braquo and Hatufim?

falcon is a 4 part series apparently

watched first season of Braquo, goddam that was good, letting all the second season episodes bank up

haven't got round to Hatufim, but it will happen

Bra
falcon is a 4 part series apparently

watched first season of Braquo, goddam that was good, letting all the second season episodes bank up

haven't got round to Hatufim, but it will happen
Braquo season 2 is different but just as good and frantic.

You could have a toss over hatufim, pisses on homeland. Get it with English hard subs on pirate bay.

Also, watch a 1980s cop show called 'crime story' bloody awesone finished season 1 the other day.

I just posted this in another thread and realised it fits in here quite well. Not from the UK, although they are remaking it, but I couldn't recommend The Bridge highly enough. Similar to many UK cop shows, lots of suspense, terrific story and superb acting. It's around on the net, but you could probably also find it on SBS catch up as they aired it a few months ago.

IMDB

Very slight spoiler in this video, won't matter after the 10 min mark of the first episode though.

Thanks for this. Enjoying it. Beautifully shot and well written.

Red Riding: in the year of our lord 74. And 80 and 83.

Trilogy of British movies based around a serial killer and a corrupt police station.

Excellent show.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back