Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanna get my say in this before the mods shut this down. Those cheating basterds cost us the game. Just to put it in perspective. Giving them soft free kicks in scoring range and not paying obvious free kicks to us, and then paying that bullshit free in the end.... They got the result they wanted in the end. Dean Margetts better hope he doesn't see me in a pub one day.

I'm not one to blame umpiring for a loss, but you guys can justifiably lay claim to being robbed by it tonight. Nearly affected the result last night and just did so before. Even as a neutral supporter it made me pretty ****ed off, how the maggots can serve up that tripe is honestly beyond me.

From the AFL.com.au report

The Saints were also unlucky to score seconds earlier, when a controversial free kick, awarded to Collingwood's Harry O'Brien, robbed them of a scoring opportunity.

Guess 'controversial' is more tactful than 'wrong', 'inaccurate', 'biased' or 'bone-headed'.

Whether we were robbed of 4 points is debatable. Robbed of 2 is beyond question.

We were robbed of 4 points.
I was livid at the O'Brien free at the end but it was a series of free kicks that simply were paid to Collingwood but not to the Saints all quarter and even earlier that had my full ire.
The Saints were robbed of a full win. The O'Brien free was just the icing on the cake for the umps. They had already ensured that the Pies couldn't lose by then.

Shocking umpire, and that last decision robbed you guys of a draw.

Also, heres something many people may not have noticed.
When O'brien was awarded the free and then he kicked it out of bounds on the full there was probably 7 secs left.
One of your players, then chipped across to a team mate (he should have just bombed it long as he had no way of knowing how much time was left, in that scenario you kick quickly into the forward 50 and hope for a mark or free, and if there had of been any more time left then your players could have scrounged a goal, REMEMBER THE CLOSER TO GOALS THE BETTER IN SITUATIONS WHERE TIME IS A FACTOR)

Anyway, your player who recieved the chip kick sideways (i think it was Kosi) then chipped to another player in the middle of the ground, BUT the umpire called it back because of the blood rule AND basically a few seconds were taken off the clock before it was stopped. (basically the ump called blood rule while the ball was in mid air, he should have called it when the ball was stationary.

Anyway not sure these few secs would have made a difference, just pointing it out as these days the umps make sure to stop the clock on multiple occasions to make sure no time is wasted.

I am sick of it. -11 free kicks. Milne getting bullshit treatment as normal. We have been so screwed so many times this year I really can't be ****ed with it at all. Draw is unfair, the executives are on crowd bonuses, it is ****ed.

To top it all off BT commentating and Tim Watson trying to complain his StKilda chip of his shoulder.

**** you AFL. I went to the Foxtel cup on Thursday and it was more enjoyable watching real footy than the league you have destroyed for corporate amusement.

come on guys the AFL cant have a finals series without the pies bringing in a massive crowd at the G!! They need the pies to make top 4 and pay for their big salaries and new toys up north. Its a compromised comp and all about the $$$!!!! **** you Demitrou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbed!... Really feel for you guys, pathetic umpiring.

Milne didn't even make contact with OBriens arms.

So the umpires must have guessed, or assumed contact.... THIS IS A PROBLEM. In a moment like that, in the dying seconds, they just need to stay the **** away from the contest.

Umpiring was pathetic tonight. For the sake of the finals and moreso integrity of the game, those umpires should be enjoying a holiday in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must have really good hearing. Please elaborate on what he actually said. Because on neither radio or tv they commented on what he said..... Ump clearly thought it was something bad enough to be a 50. He did so many other stupid things though. Why would you stick a foot out to hit someone when it is a fair hard contest, Weak as piss.
You could clearly hear Milne call someone a f**kwit, then the ump gave the 50 for abusive language. Bullshit.

You must have really good hearing. Please elaborate on what he actually said. Because on neither radio or tv they commented on what he said..... Ump clearly thought it was something bad enough to be a 50. He did so many other stupid things though. Why would you stick a foot out to hit someone when it is a fair hard contest, Weak as piss.

You could hear it on the tv flog. He said to Harry O 'what the ef are you going to do about it mate'. He said it quite a few times. You obviously had your brothers winky in your ear. Do doubt you cleaned it up afterwards. With that scumbag mouth of yours. No wonder you did not hear it!

As bad as the umpiring was and it was shocking and not just the last anti Milne free as we got royally shafted the entire last quarter.... what really has me gobsmacked was our turnover rate especially in the first half. You'd think half our players had Collingwood jumpers on, not just the umpires. We really should of won this game clearly.

Wow, the worst shafting by umps I've seen in years. The maggot bias towards Pies & Hawks is so obvious it sucks. Thought you guys put up a fight deserving of a win

You could hear it on the tv flog. He said to Harry O 'what the ef are you going to do about it mate'. He said it quite a few times. You obviously had your brothers winky in your ear. Do doubt you cleaned it up afterwards. With that scumbag mouth of yours. No wonder you did not hear it!

I mean pinky, as in finger, winky a typo of course.

as for Jolly's milking of the free kick the in danger was there i'll agree but ffs the kicked him in the elbow then thigh Jollyw***er made out like it was in the face ffs, staging anyone?

Just got home from the game. I am absolutely shattered. I don't like it when people blame the umpires, and I rarely do, but this game was most certainly won by the umpires. They gave soft frees to the Pies and skipped the obvious ones for us. It's just unbelievable to watch, I hope Collingwood members and players know it themselves that they escaped with the help of the umpires.

I don't understand how calling Harry OMFG a _uckwit can be a 50m penalty when it's true :confused:

Not sure why there's special treatment for the filth ... they are disgusting (not their fault mind you).

I think it's time to allow umpires to give votes to themselves when they've earned 'em.

Just got home from the game. I am absolutely shattered. I don't like it when people blame the umpires, and I rarely do, but this game was most certainly won by the umpires. They gave soft frees to the Pies and skipped the obvious ones for us. It's just unbelievable to watch, I hope Collingwood members and players know it themselves that they escaped with the help of the umpires.
All they know is how long until their next welfare payment. Anything subjective they are clueless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back