Umpiring last night was good

Remove this Banner Ad

nickh32

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Even though my team lost the free kick count 10-19 i thought the umpiring was pretty good last night. They put the whistle for most of the match which was good. There were a number of in the backs, highs, holding the ball incidents which nearly always would of been called that were let go and i thought the game was a bit better for it.

No doubt some of the frees given were soft or questionable but there always are frees like that. But the fact the umpires put the whistle away made for a more enjoyable match.

Agreed, thought it was very good, mainly because they had minimal impact. Always a better umpired game when they only call the obvious ones and let the soft, little things go. A lot more ball ups and less holding the balls which was good to see, getting sick of seeing people pinned simply because they are on the ground. :thumbsu: to the 3 of them last night.

yeah, it was impressive last night. Consistency was there and they let the little stuff go.

^^^This, best umpired game i have watched this year ..and the reason was they let the players play and let a lot of ticky touch wood frees go .

We often bag the crap out of the umps (and rightly so most times) but last night they did a great job . :thumbsu:

The free kick count might be due to us having 27 more tackles, I'm pretty sure Jordie McKenzie won about 5 holding the balls.

But I have to agree, it was well done despite a few soft free kicks going our way. Given the stage (Friday night, a generally high drawing match-up, MCG) that's the kind of officiating we want to see.

Very good, cant say there was any truly terrible ones. THeres always a few little annoying ones but they are quickly forgotten, and for both sides aswell, i remember us getting lucky early. Well done umps

It was generally pretty good. There were a couple of occasions when the umps seemed to miss a clear free kick - but then allowed a similar incident to go unpenalised shortly afterwards. No problems if they're consistent like that.

As others have said, they were cautious in blowing the whistle and it was a much better game to watch as a result. Good on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring last night was good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back