Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd be top of the ladder if we had the same treatment from the umpires that essendon are getting right now.

I'm not sure what game you watched, but the the call to the Suns with 1.20 left where T.Miller got a HTB call for a tackle he never even landed - literally just slapped against the Bombers players chest. , then the ump gifted them a goal because the essendon player gave the ball to the wrong Suns player was one of the dumbest endings to a good game ive seen.

Totally ****ed decision by the umps. Gifted the game to the Suns

Umpiring didn't influence the result of the game (Geelong), but we were awarded the frees we earned in the first half. I've not seen that for years, and I'm sure the players noticed. It feels REALLY strange saying "We had the rub of the green" in that half. We even had a gift or two.

Normal programming after half time. But the Umpires proved they CAN pay us the frees that ARE there...
But we all knew in our deepest hearts,it wasn't going to last forever.
SHocking interfered.

Something must have went on for the umpiring to go into reverse gear for the second half.
CFL CFLing.

I'm not sure what game you watched, but the the call to the Suns with 1.20 left where T.Miller got a HTB call for a tackle he never even landed - literally just slapped against the Bombers players chest. , then the ump gifted them a goal because the essendon player gave the ball to the wrong Suns player was one of the dumbest endings to a good game ive seen.

That was a shocking decision.

Sorry mate my time machine wasn't working so I didn't know the umpire would shit the bed

On the other hand when the bomber player took off past the mark and got tackled he got a 50. I always thought that running past the mark = playing on. Stunning decision = goal.

Some pretty poor decisions by the umps.

druggies had multiple soft frees infront of goal just like last week

Good.

On the other hand when the bomber player took off past the mark and got tackled he got a 50. I always thought that running past the mark = playing on. Stunning decision = goal.

Some pretty poor decisions by the umps.
How the umps adjudicate play on is a joke these days. I've seen a player take a step sideways and the umps blow play on, then again as you say a player runs past the defender "standing" and no play on. It's just not consistent.

How the umps adjudicate play on is a joke these days. I've seen a player take a step sideways and the umps blow play on, then again as you say a player runs past the defender "standing" and no play on. It's just not consistent.

Nothing is consistent.

Good solid spoils = free because of a tap to the shoulder. Slung to the ground = OK

HTB = WTF

Kicks of 8 meters are fine, except when they are not.

'Common sense' applies except when ti doesn't.

Although I sort of blame the umps. I reckon is the AFL HQ that is the main issue. They change the rules and interpretations all the time. And smash any dissent. So they don't realise how much the game sucks nowadays.

The umps just basically have license to do whatever and pick the interpretation that the AFL has given, because sure as eggs there will be some interpretation that works.

Also 4 umpires = more confusion not less.

Nothing is consistent.

Good solid spoils = free because of a tap to the shoulder. Slung to the ground = OK

HTB = WTF

Kicks of 8 meters are fine, except when they are not.

'Common sense' applies except when ti doesn't.

Although I sort of blame the umps. I reckon is the AFL HQ that is the main issue. They change the rules and interpretations all the time. And smash any dissent. So they don't realise how much the game sucks nowadays.

The umps just basically have license to do whatever and pick the interpretation that the AFL has given, because sure as eggs there will be some interpretation that works.

Also 4 umpires = more confusion not less.
So obvious against Geelong.
They thought giving us frees in the first quarter would hide the issue but the Tiger Army knew we would get shafted in the second half.
Amazing the umpire corruption in this league.

So obvious against Geelong.
They thought giving us frees in the first quarter would hide the issue but the Tiger Army knew we would get shafted in the second half.
Amazing the umpire corruption in this league.
if dustin martin was at any other club especially geelol and colonwood, the cfl wouldve ensured that they got a cushy draw so that the 300th game can be in a top 4 season

but not for the tigers

we wouldve won the flag in 2022 if they didnt overturn lynch goal

umpires call was a goal and there was zero conclusive evidence to overturn

cfl has destroyed our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have missed a few games recently due to circumstances and haven't been able to watch on TV either. Tried watching some oppo games and it's really sheeted home how unappealing the game is at the moment. Horrible umpiring, their correct call rate must be hovering around 50% now, which means you might as well be guessing. So much inconsistency, of course the vague rules enable nearly any decision to be interpreted as being correct or within the boundaries of what they find acceptable. Ultimately though it's unwatchable and the stand rule still sticks out like dogs balls as the dumbest looking rule ever, truly a horrible sight seeing some bloke rooted to the spot waving his arms looking at the umpire pleading for a play on call while the guy with the ball strolls past.

Have missed a few games recently due to circumstances and haven't been able to watch on TV either. Tried watching some oppo games and it's really sheeted home how unappealing the game is at the moment. Horrible umpiring, their correct call rate must be hovering around 50% now, which means you might as well be guessing. So much inconsistency, of course the vague rules enable nearly any decision to be interpreted as being correct or within the boundaries of what they find acceptable. Ultimately though it's unwatchable and the stand rule still sticks out like dogs balls as the dumbest looking rule ever, truly a horrible sight seeing some bloke rooted to the spot waving his arms looking at the umpire pleading for a play on call while the guy with the ball strolls past.
tumblr_ovscnmAMZx1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

It’s the way Richmond plays

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back