Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Game has lost integrity when it starts to use rule changes as an equalisation tool. Started with 666, then kick in and stand all targeting Tigers game plan. It's a very short distance from there to rule interpretations for one team and different ones for another.

"A short distance"

I think we are already at one interpretation for one team and another for another team.

For the first time I'm seeing opposition supporters saying we get the rough end of the pineapple. The AFL has trashed the ability of umpires to do their job impartially. Very difficult job anyway, but nowadays it is basically impossible. 'What's the rule this week? Oh different to last week, and different to the week before'. Although since SHocking has gone it's less week by week.

"A short distance"

I think we are already at one interpretation for one team and another for another team.

For the first time I'm seeing opposition supporters saying we get the rough end of the pineapple. The AFL has trashed the ability of umpires to do their job impartially. Very difficult job anyway, but nowadays it is basically impossible. 'What's the rule this week? Oh different to last week, and different to the week before'. Although since SHocking has gone it's less week by week.
And not one so called journalist has thought this worth investigating and reporting on. They are little more than a bunch of organ grinding monkeys.

And not one so called journalist has thought this worth investigating and reporting on. They are little more than a bunch of organ grinding monkeys.

The AFL can take a little bit of criticism. But nothing serious. There is the occasional comment. But no one is willing to go hard - not if they want to stay in the AFL 'industry'.

If Benny gets the AFL CEO job then I expect quite a few things to change. The AFL boys club is divorced from the reality of football. And the clubs know it. But can they stay together and fight for the good of the game?

I wouldn't be surprised if Benny got in, and soon there was a directive that after a specific readjustment of the rules (get rid of SHocking's crap) we are now sticking with the rules for a season, with only minor changes to happen between seasons.

The AFL can take a little bit of criticism. But nothing serious. There is the occasional comment. But no one is willing to go hard - not if they want to stay in the AFL 'industry'.

If Benny gets the AFL CEO job then I expect quite a few things to change. The AFL boys club is divorced from the reality of football. And the clubs know it. But can they stay together and fight for the good of the game?

I wouldn't be surprised if Benny got in, and soon there was a directive that after a specific readjustment of the rules (get rid of SHocking's crap) we are now sticking with the rules for a season, with only minor changes to happen between seasons.

They won’t give Benny the job. He would be too thorough and want to clean the joint up, but the AFL boys club wouldn’t want anyone to rock the boat and change the status quo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They won’t give Benny the job. He would be too thorough and want to clean the joint up, but the AFL boys club wouldn’t want anyone to rock the boat and change the status quo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The boy's club won't actually make the decision. I presume it will be the AFL Commission - presume, don't know for certain. Which is fairly independent. But the people they talk to about the AFL as the thing they oversee is the AFL executive. So the exec will be in their ear about it - they have the inside track = an insider who will leave it as is.

However, all of them have links to clubs etc and people outside of the AFL organisation, but are fans. If the clubs really want change they can have people close to all the AFL Commission members suggest someone who can do things 'better'.

So it all depends on whether the Boy's Club can be dominant, or the other players can stick together and suggest someone outside the boys club, either a person or just a new face.

Judging by what Eddie says and comments from some other clubland people there is a lot angst in the clubs about how the AFL runs the show. Can the clubs stop backstabbing and fighting one another to install Benny, or another similar type? History would say they are probably likely to f it all up. But sometimes people can be surprising.

And if Benny is serious about it I reckon he will be working hard behind the scenes to ensure he gets the gig, or at least someone he thinks is good.

Umps trolling us last night. Just wait for the reaming we'll cop Week 1.
Finals are a lot harder for the umps to hide their biases in, a lot more eyes on them, more scrutiny. It's why we always seem to go up a level come finals, the shackles of one-side umpiring generally come off as the whistle gets put away. No coincidence we annihilate teams that seem to have our measure all year.

Umps trolling us last night. Just wait for the reaming we'll cop Week 1.
We still lost the count 18-21. Felt we had a decent run in second half because we didn’t lost the count by 10-20 as usual 😂

Felt like the rare game that we win more of the dubious ones even if we lost the overall count.
They missed(ignored) all our obvious ones in the first half.
Paid us a junktime 50 to end the half that we amazingly got a goal from.
Then the second half they paid us a bunch of frees that were absolutely soft or not even there. Was a complete 180.
Idotic umpires.

They missed(ignored) all our obvious ones in the first half.
Paid us a junktime 50 to end the half that we amazingly got a goal from.
Then the second half they paid us a bunch of frees that were absolutely soft or not even there. Was a complete 180.
Idotic umpires.
Yeah but one umpire didn’t change

As the old joke goes... The fluoros would be spruiking " watch me pull a rabbit outa me hat"
ROG goes "FU campaigners, I pull Hares out my Ass"!!!

ROGs always rocks up to match with a Husk of Hares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like the rare game that we win more of the dubious ones even if we lost the overall count.
They missed some absolute shockers against Lynch in the first half and the non holding the ball decision to Rioli against Durham and push in the back to Heppell when he dropped it red hot were both absolute howlers.

Absolutely disgraceful commentating.

Soft free paid to Essendon, commentators called it "Umpire in a great spot to see that"

Free paid to Richmond, they changed their tune "Gee that was soft, lucky to be paid that"

Useless campaigners!!

Umps are usually on their best behaviour in finals (except for Bulldogs v Swans granny). I tend to think the umps are a bunch on pin dicked dweebs who should be sacked, but now that we are in the finals i'm not so worried about the reamings we get in the H&A.

Looks like we comfortably ended the regular season last on the free kick differential ladder with -81. A bit disappointing that, wanted us to ton up at the least.

#throwdogs
full

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back