Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As if we didn't have enough reasons to love Balmey.

Ripping into the umpires department for 20 minutes is bloody beautiful, the fact they've made it their mission to not give us free kicks shows what an unprofessional outfit they are.

If they can turn on us, then they can also go the other way, i wonder what the throw dogs and umpies gave them.

As if we didn't have enough reasons to love Balmey.

Ripping into the umpires department for 20 minutes is bloody beautiful, the fact they've made it their mission to not give us free kicks shows what an unprofessional outfit they are.

If they can turn on us, then they can also go the other way, i wonder what the throw dogs and umpies gave them.
Almond milk lattes from grundys local cafe and Isaac quaynor and jack ginnipig gobbies

Anyone who has watched the Melb vs Swans and Cats vs Pies finals and have said they've loved the way they've been umpired, and then on the other hand endorsed the way Richmond have been totally rubber-gloved by the umps for five years FOR PLAYING THAT EXACT GAME STYLE, are hypocrites.

In the last couple of days I have watched a completely different couple of games in terms of adjudication. Everything that the Tigers have repeatedly been pulled up for in H&A has been let go in these two MCG finals. Somehow the fact that "the umps have put their whistles away" is mysteriously appreciated now that finals have come around, yet is loathed if the Tigers play their finals-style footy from March through August.

I'm disillusioned and deflated by it.

And if this is the justification for umpires to cheat us then the game is *ed

I certainly wouldn’t put it past them . Even Caro has said the AFL hyrachy gimps don’t like us as a club , why do
You think we get no frees , we got two Thursday night games in winter this year , 2 home games at shitihad .
I don’t care what people say umps have been told by afl to umpire us different.

People who no say oh it’s just a conspiracy the umps hate us are deluded , AFL are corrupt this is organisation that was going to let a club off for drug Rorting , the list is to long to mention all the other stuff .
When’s the last time Geesook got teamed by unps ? 😂 ohhhh let me have one guess why they haven’t

Last edited:
A good Tiger mate told me about this at the Pig N Whistle pregame.
Then we go and get shafted by them again on the night with that shit house third umpire decision.
I will never let the AFL sweep this under the carpet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good Tiger mate told me about this at the Pig N Whistle pregame.
Then we go and get shafted by them again on the night with that s**t house third umpire decision.
I will never let the AFL sweep this under the carpet.
Me either. I keep sharing that photo and tagging AFL and media outlets. I also copied the club in just to let them know we are not happy.They need to act this on behalf of the fans at a minimum. They should want to bring it out for the club also. It was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Please ffs what is it with umpires and a Richmond jumper?
Christ our girls are getting reamed now and for why? What have they done to cop this s**t?

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
AFL house decree, it’s disgusting and UnAustralian

That was awful today what was inflicted on our girls by the umpires. Some games our club plays - more than the odd one most clubs suffer - it seems the umpiring bias is beyond what unconscious bias could possibly produce in isolation. Today was yet another example, it was really tough to keep your cool watching that, knowing the girls are giving their all. How they managed to achieve a draw in the circumstances is a complete credit to Ferg and the team.

Stupid conspiracy deniers on the main board can f*ck off too.

I was there for 2nd half. Probably one decision I thought was bad. High tackle on a girl going for a mark…otherwise nothing too dramatic.
Problem we had was continually kicking to their plus one on our half forward line. That and turning it over thru poor handball in d50.
Good effort overall tho. I was impressed with our run and gun style.

I was there for 2nd half. Probably one decision I thought was bad. High tackle on a girl going for a mark…otherwise nothing too dramatic.
Problem we had was continually kicking to their plus one on our half forward line. That and turning it over thru poor handball in d50.
it was the free kicks they didn't pay, so many unrewarded free kicks when it was blatantly obvious North got handed so many easy free kicks.
The girls did an amazing job today, I was furious watching the cheating maggots.

If you missed the two absolutely abysmal htb decisions against McKenzie in the first half you might have missed a bit of important context against which to view our many unrewarded tackles in the second half - a couple were even wrongly punished. They were letting North players take on tackles and throw the ball, where McKenzie fought through one tackle totally legitimately and handballed cleanly only to be called htb. The other one against her was for running too far and she wouldn’t have taken more than a dozen steps nor gone near 15m before bouncing. It just seriously looked like two sets of rules were being applied to htb decisions.

If you missed the two absolutely abysmal htb decisions against McKenzie in the first half you might have missed a bit of important context against which to view our many unrewarded tackles in the second half - a couple were even wrongly punished. They were letting North players take on tackles and throw the ball, where McKenzie fought through one tackle totally legitimately and handballed cleanly only to be called htb. The other one against her was for running too far and she wouldn’t have taken more than a dozen steps nor gone near 15m before bouncing. It just seriously looked like two sets of rules were being applied to htb decisions.

Ok. No probs.
Yep didn’t see first half.

Ok. No probs.
Yep didn’t see first half.

Just re-watched the first half rewinding each contentious decision I could find. i found 8 wrong decisions in the half to North’s advantage, and 4 to Richmond’s advantage though 2 of those were probably technically free kicks to Richmond just ones for slight high contact I would prefer to see not paid, and one was a 60m penalty that should have only been 50m of course. Might see if I can do the second half tomorrow.

The one where McKenzie ran too far on replay I counted 16 steps, but several were small steps to change direction and break a tackle.

Just re-watched the first half rewinding each contentious decision I could find. i found 8 wrong decisions in the half to North’s advantage, and 4 to Richmond’s advantage though 2 of those were probably technically free kicks to Richmond just ones for slight high contact I would prefer to see not paid, and one was a 60m penalty that should have only been 50m of course. Might see if I can do the second half tomorrow.

The one where McKenzie ran too far on replay I counted 16 steps, but several were small steps to change direction and break a tackle.
She bounced the ball in those 16 steps after 6 iirc

I said it in the game day thread that it was some of the worst umpiring I've ever seen. Ellie McKenzie got robbed a couple of times for making legitimate handballs whilst being tackled (you're supposed to dispose of the bloody ball if you're tackled!) and there was at least another Richmond player done for the same thing. Then when North's players were tackled they simply dropped the ball and it was play on. On one occasion on our 50 very late in the game a North girl tried to break two tackles and then dropped the ball and I couldn't believe it was play on ! There were a bunch of others as well. It really was rubbish. Two sets of rules. Very nearly cost us the game. It's close to driving me away from the game altogether.

She bounced the ball in those 16 steps after 6 iirc

She bounced it after about 16 steps but like I said several were very short steps. She did not run too far by the standards of the way that rule is normally adjudicated and I doubt she ran 15 metres before bouncing. Shocking decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back