Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting the perva$ive corrosivene$$ of money re TV right$...Gambling TV ad$...entrenched Old Boy$ Club Admin upon our now once great and beautiful game! And it is happening all before our very eyes...all smoke and mirrors! And the silence is truly deafening!
The constant rule changes to Footy without seeking feedback from all the participants in the sport is disgusting...plus the absence of trialling these new rule changes in the off season and pre-season games is also mind boggling!
The very fact...astounding...that the AFL can demand a State Government to build a State of the Art Stadium before they can acquire the 19th AFL Team License is a scary fact in itself! Think a little while about that one! And that such a demand can be seen, as reasonable by all, is another reason for concern!
The cynic in me suspects big time that both the AFL and the various Politicians have stitched up the footy landscape, tightly and seamlessly, for their own vested interest$. The cynic in me says, loudly, that the AFL Comp is a huge industry and provides jobs for quite a few...ticketing, transport, food vendors, TV, newspapers, AFL Clubs, Player contracts, Managers, Physios...just...some of the list...and commands Government respect from both the Political and Business Suits! The AFL is not a sporting organization anymore it is simply a cold hearted commercial Business geared to maximize it's profit$ any which way it can, trampling all before it, in the pursuit of profit. Even to the point of now dismantling it's footy traditions...grassroot clubs/regional competitions... goal square...no goal umpire white coats...four umpires...murmurings of night GF...TV saturation of gambling ads...more Football sides in Tassy and possibly NT! And what then?!? Why stop at 20 AFL Teams go the extra for NZ South and North Islands?!?...New Guinea as well?!? A two division competition with promotion and relegation?!? An AFL First Division where their is no salary cap at all, anything goes First Division...the Second Division for the losers...
The cynic in me thinks the business tentacles of this AFL Business reach far and deep...and the interests of the smaller player...the long suffering supporter..are not of it's concern...or even the interests of the traditional smaller AFL Clubs...or even further back...our grassroots! The AFL, make no mistake, is a hungry Business...hungry for growth, influence, profit, prestige. Unlimited growth, in any organization/business, is an unsustainable concept, the current environment and its issues concerning unlimited growth ought to give it pause for thought. Heck the AFL does not even practise re-cycling...no regeneration of it's grassroots... where the game of footy originated from. It is even now, parlaying with the devil, the mighty dollar, to change the playing field of the AFL from natural grass to artificial pixilation...from football field to TV. Forget the footy crowds...the game will become televised and they can come when the Final$ are on, simples, if they can afford it! Once those natural, colourful, energetic, loud, boisterous, pulsating crowds are diminished and long gone, it will be like escaping air from a ballon...once gone never to return...deflated in sight and mind!
Nice post. .... what do you think about the umpiring?

The only way to fix umpiring is to teach it in schools so the kids can understand it from an early age - cause as an older bloke I've got no hope and its pretty obvious it looks like not to many players do either.

The only way to fix umpiring is to teach it in schools so the kids can understand it from an early age - cause as an older bloke I've got no hope and its pretty obvious it looks like not to many players do either.
Schools are now safe schools. We need old school shite to come back and toughen umpires up.
one good umpire in the 70’s is worth more than four umpires in today’s world.

Anyone catch Gerard Healy’s whinge about the OOF paid against HH on Sportsday tonight? Said it cost GWS the game and we needed to look into a challenge system….

Seriously … how come Richmond always breaks everyone’s brains? I don’t recall Gerard up in arms when we’ve been screwed over by the umpires in approximately 80% of our games since the start of 2017… even in this game where the umps supposedly ‘got us home’ we lost the free kick 15-10. Yes …. we got 10 free kicks for an entire game of closely fought footy…. what the??

It happened when Dusty wasn’t penalised for in the back against the Cats and now an incorrect OOF call … we get a couple of slices of luck go our way in 6-years and Gerard’s brain breaks.

It’s friggin hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone catch Gerard Healy’s whinge about the OOF paid against HH on Sportsday tonight? Said it cost GWS the game and we needed to look into a challenge system….

Seriously … how come Richmond always breaks everyone’s brains? I don’t recall Gerard up in arms when we’ve been screwed over by the umpires in approximately 80% of our games since the start of 2017… even in this game where the umps supposedly ‘got us home’ we lost the free kick 15-10. Yes …. we got 10 free kicks for an entire game of closely fought footy…. what the??

It happened when Dusty wasn’t penalised for in the back against the Cats and now an incorrect OOF call … we get a couple of slices of luck go our way in 6-years and Gerard’s brain breaks.

It’s friggin hilarious.

it was out on the full though

Problem is if you start them off in say, primary, there will have been about 25 rule changes by the time they leave high school.

Schools are now safe schools. We need old school shite to come back and toughen umpires up.
one good umpire in the 70’s is worth more than four umpires in today’s world.
At least they would be able to handle a good old fashioned 'donnybrook' - heaven forbid if one of those every broke out again today ... unfortunately the umpires of today probably would know what a 'donnybrook' is anyway....

It’s friggin hilarious.

Is Gerard Healy related to Gerard Whateley?
Both a pair of ****ing whiners

It’s friggin hilarious.

Gerard Healy is a salty old f##kwit

Hi guys, hope you don't mind the intrusion, love this thread. Should be interesting when the irresistible force and immovable object of the 'umpires going in dry' universe meet this weekend. Will be funny to see what the over/under is for free kicks. My money is on them malfunctioning and giving a series of ****ed up frees decided by the wind direction.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, hope you don't mind the intrusion, love this thread. Should be interesting when the irresistible force and immovable object of the 'umpires going in dry' universe meet this weekend. Will be funny to see what the over/under is for free kicks. My money is on them malfunctioning and giving a series of ****ed up frees decided by the wind direction.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha, yeah this weekend will confuse the hell out of them.

One of the posters on this board reported back after one of our pre-season intraclub matches in February that the yellow team had 9 frees for and 31 against, while their opponents the black team had 12 for and 29 against.

Hopefully it'll be a great contest and your Dockers can walk away with a highly respectable loss, perhaps even a moral victory. :)

We are gonna get reamed tonight
Already down 11-3 at half time and getting a very raw deal. Look at then it's holding then Broad tackled without it and play on. We need to say something. Just take the fine. It's getting beyond a joke.

Already down 11-3 at half time and getting a very raw deal. Look at then it's holding then Broad tackled without it and play on. We need to say something. Just take the fine. It's getting beyond a joke.
Every other club that’s called gets a free ride , we as A club haven’t got the balls

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back