Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that not predictable? Of course we’re up 3-10 and lose 20-19.

Wouldn’t have changed the result but you just knew it was going to happen.

Also holding the ball is a disgrace now. We had three or four against us where the player was tackled immediately after taking possession and was pinged. All that will do is discourage going for the ball. The sport is ****ing cooked, they have no idea what they’re doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said to myself at half time ‘just watch Geelong will get all the free kicks in the second half.’

And I wasn’t wrong.

Umps got some “positive reinforcement” from shocking in the umpires box

Was that not predictable? Of course we’re up 3-10 and lose 20-19.

Wouldn’t have changed the result but you just knew it was going to happen.

Also holding the ball is a disgrace now. We had three or four against us where the player was tackled immediately after taking possession and was pinged. All that will do is discourage going for the ball. The sport is ****ing cooked, they have no idea what they’re doing.
Even the commentators noted that it was dangerous for a defender to grab the ball in congestion. The cats forwards were aware of the umpiring and at times seemed happy to ignore the ball and make the tackle. Maybe they had inside information on how the HTB was going to be implemented

It's as though the umpires had dyslexia and were paying frees to the Tigers that they thought were going to Geelong
It's the shorts. Game was played in Geelong so the umps were looking for the away team wearing the white shorts.

Got explained to them at half time.

Umpiring didn't influence the result of the game (Geelong), but we were awarded the frees we earned in the first half. I've not seen that for years, and I'm sure the players noticed. It feels REALLY strange saying "We had the rub of the green" in that half. We even had a gift or two.

Normal programming after half time. But the Umpires proved they CAN pay us the frees that ARE there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back