Umps love affair with the cats continues

Remove this Banner Ad

I might have to try and bring myself to watch that game again (if possible)

I was there and I certainly didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in that game either way to be honest. But I do watch Geelong games a fair bit, and you guys get a damn good run.

Because to be honest, the one decision that gets talked about a lot from that Grand Final was the Jimmy Bartel goal which if I remember correctly, the umps didn't pay Dane Swan a mark or something that they should have?

Was the turning point of the match too I think, so I don't see how they tried to get US over the line but whatevs.

Oh really? Did you miss the following:

- Wellingham's poster incorrectly called a goal.
- Ottens' tackle on Johnson that was incorrectly called too high by an umpire in the wrong position to ajudicate on it, which resulted in a goal.
- Enright incorrectly being pinged for incorrect disposal, when he actually got boot to ball. Ended up being a point to Brown.
- Christensen being denied a free for a high tackle on the top of the goal square, which would've been a certain goal if paid.

So there's 18 points right there in Collingwood's favour due to poor umpiring decisions.

How does a mark not paid turn into a goal to Geelong? Did he get a free kcik paid against him or something?

No, from the resulting bounce Jolly had a brainfade and tapped it out on the full. Then it took the breathtaking skills of Jimmy Bartel to convert that free kick into a goal.

It's as bad as St Kilda supporter claiming Hawkins' poster was the cause of the next goal as well, just because Geelong won a centre clearance.

The way I see someone saying another teams gets favourable treatment from the umpires is that they watch the game and are consumed by such jealousy and such an intense need for the hated team to lose that they see every decision as going against this need.

I mean this figures when its a Hawthorn bandwagonner starting the thread.

It's like when you gamble on the result of a match and from then on every umpiring decision is seen as do or die, you get those rose coloured glasses on and blame the umpires for every thing they pay or miss cos you dread that you may be about to lose 50 bucks.

I do it all the time with every team, the other team gets the umpires when my 50 is against them.

In other words suck it up Hawthorn you jealous obsessive stalkers.

Last time I checked getting called names by a bunch of teenage Cats supporters does not equate to getting pwned..

lol @ the denial...
You've been pwned, thread has failed and red is a good colour on you.
Thanks for coming. :)

Yet you claim credibility because you spent hours trawling through footage of a team you don't even support to try and prove that a guy who consistently gets the most free kicks paid against him AND can get his teeth knocked out without so much as a whistle is favoured by the umps.

COme on man - we all like to hang a bit of shit on other clubs, but what you've done there with that video - that's just sad and pathetic. It's exactly what I mean when I say that Geelong supporters, despite their success, are obsessed with Hawthorn. It proves my point perfectly.

Jesus weeps for you.

Wow...

chernobyl.jpg

Mod meltdowns are the best. :D:thumbsu:

When Matt Priddis gets 60 possesions in a game nobody really considers it a good game, despite the stats.

Likewise when Hawthorn gets a 'good run' from the umpires it tends to be a string of free kicks when a mark is being taken anyway, or in ruck contests on the half back flank. COmpared to the standard Geelong frees of centre square (e.g. Joel Selwood being near a contest and falling over = free kick) or the big red cheat holding onto the opposition's best player each week and never being called for it, or the good old Chappy 40m out from goal classic free - typically from diving.

The thing that makes Chappy's diving so pathetic is that he is built like a brick shit house but you can knock him over just by running past him.

Meanwhile, Joel Selwood is running around popping people's ear drums and the Geelong supporters complain about the penalty?

You Geelong supporters are nuts.

Nice whine, very pissy. Very Hawthorn.

When Matt Priddis gets 60 possesions in a game nobody really considers it a good game, despite the stats.

Likewise when Hawthorn gets a 'good run' from the umpires it tends to be a string of free kicks when a mark is being taken anyway, or in ruck contests on the half back flank. COmpared to the standard Geelong frees of centre square (e.g. Joel Selwood being near a contest and falling over = free kick) or the big red cheat holding onto the opposition's best player each week and never being called for it, or the good old Chappy 40m out from goal classic free - typically from diving.

Since the start of 2007 when Ling became a full-time tagger, he received 79 frees and conceded 132. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge though.

listen to these pack of school girls sooking, trying to poke a stick at the champs. What a sorry bunch you are.

Hawthorn is a storm in a teacup and their supporters are the biggest w***ers going around. A bunch of jealous twits who cant handle the fact that the 80's are over.

Sure, we were jealous of you in the 80's, but now the table has turned and now its our era, the sooner you get over it the better you will feel.

we know exactly how jealous you are because weve been there before, in the 80's. That was your time and this is ours so swallow the load we continue to shoot on your face hawks ::thumbsu:

Round 2, let the lols continue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[quote=shepp;23507460]That's what we have to put up with against them.

We lost that match by 5 points.

Pods kicked the goal from his free, Vardy kicked the goal as well.

The Osborne non-free should have been a shot on goal for us.

Finally, Buddy was clearly pushed in the back inside 50 on his preferred side in the dying moments and got nothing.

Geelong supporters know the umpires give them a 5-6 goal advantage every week. I'm not exaggerating.

They don't want to admit that most of their wins - and all of their wins against Hawthorn - are severely umpire-assisted.[/quote]

And never will while he runs the arc, all umpires live in fear of Buddy having a set shot after the siren to win a game.They may have to make the decision they don't want to make.
You could decapitate him and piss down his neck and it would be nothing,hes made a rod for his own back.

That's what we have to put up with against them.

We lost that match by 5 points.

Pods kicked the goal from his free, Vardy kicked the goal as well.

The Osborne non-free should have been a shot on goal for us.

Finally, Buddy was clearly pushed in the back inside 50 on his preferred side in the dying moments and got nothing.

Geelong supporters know the umpires give them a 5-6 goal advantage every week. I'm not exaggerating.

They don't want to admit that most of their wins - and all of their wins against Hawthorn - are severely umpire-assisted.

I accept that Lonergan had his hands somewhere near Buddy’s back, although if that’s a “push” then chess is a contact sport. Interestingly, though, you’re not worried at all about the epic dive that followed it. I guess that type of cheating is fair? For what it’s worth, the ball was going well over Buddy’s head which is probably why the umpires didn’t pay the free, esp. when combined with his Oscar winning theatrics.

It is mystifying to think that anyone could argue that a side which averages less frees for and more frees against its opposition is gifted 5-6 goals a week by umpires, but apparently you can. Given you are sure that there is some sort of grand umpiring conspiracy to assist Geelong and to hinder Hawthorn, notwithstanding the evidence against, my question for you is: “why”? Why on earth would the umpires do this? Is there a conspiracy of Geelong supporters secretly stacking the umpire selection process? Is everyone so awe-inspired by the awesome skills of Bateman, Shoenmakers, Bruce and co that they feel the need to redress the balance through umpiring assistance? Interested to see your response.

The alternative is that you’re full of it, and that theory has much greater evidence in support.

I accept that Lonergan had his hands somewhere near Buddy’s back, although if that’s a “push” then chess is a contact sport. Interestingly, though, you’re not worried at all about the epic dive that followed it. I guess that type of cheating is fair? For what it’s worth, the ball was going well over Buddy’s head which is probably why the umpires didn’t pay the free, esp. when combined with his Oscar winning theatrics.

Buddy's not allowed to put a hand on an opponents back.

What Tom Lonergan did was illegal and should have been penalised.

I don't care about your reasons why the free wasn't awarded. The bottom line is it should have been.

Buddy doesn't get a fair go. That's undeniable.

What's with the font?

It is mystifying to think that anyone could argue that a side which averages less frees for and more frees against its opposition is gifted 5-6 goals a week by umpires, but apparently you can. Given you are sure that there is some sort of grand umpiring conspiracy to assist Geelong and to hinder Hawthorn, notwithstanding the evidence against, my question for you is: “why”? Why on earth would the umpires do this? Is there a conspiracy of Geelong supporters secretly stacking the umpire selection process? Is everyone so awe-inspired by the awesome skills of Bateman, Shoenmakers, Bruce and co that they feel the need to redress the balance through umpiring assistance? Interested to see your response.

You tell me why the umpires love Geelong. Everyone knows it. You have been looked after every week for years.

Look at the pictures I've posted in two earlier posts. I'd be interested to see your response.

Geelong have won the free kick count in 6 of our last 7 encounters. They even did all they could to help you in '08.

The 5-6 goal advantage is due to your soft frees around the ground (especially inside 50), and the amount of pulling, pushing and holding your defenders are allowed to get away with. It's criminal.

As for them hating Hawthorn - it's gone on for years. We have had the most frees against for the last four years, I believe.

Umpires are just people who love footy, and just about all of them grew up when Hawthorn were at their pinnacle as a club. We would have pumped their teams every year and they would've hated us growing up.

But this thread is about the umpires' love affair the the Cats. It is beyond a joke.

There are different rules for different players and clubs, and Geelong get the rub of the green 100% of the time.

geelong get a 15 goal advantage

i deal with it looking at last years final

by the way why doesnt buddy kick over the mark

What Tom "One Kidney" Lonergan did was illegal and should have been penalised.

I don't care about your reasons why the free wasn't awarded. The bottom line is it should have been.

What's with the font?

You tell me why the umpires love Geelong. Everyone knows it. You have been looked after every week for years.

Look at the pictures I've posted in two earlier posts. I'd be interested to see your response.

Geelong have won the free kick count in 6 of our last 7 encounters. They even did all they could to help you in '08.

The 5-6 goal advantage is due to your soft frees around the ground (especially inside 50), and the amount of pulling, pushing and holding your defenders are allowed to get away with. It's criminal.

As for them hating Hawthorn - it's gone on for years. We have had the most frees against for the last four years, I believe.

Umpires are just people who love footy, and just about all of them grew up when Hawthorn were at their pinnacle as a club. We would have pumped their teams every year and they would've hated us growing up.

But this thread is about the umpires' love affair the the Cats. It is beyond a joke.

There are different rules for different players and clubs, and Geelong get the rub of the green 100% of the time.

Seriously what a bunch of whinging bitches.

I love it how the umps look after us at the expense of the Dawks, dunno why they do it but meh! As long as it continues for a while longer and we get to see the tears of Gaybloomers in threads like this I'm happy.

Suck it up bitches, we are thugs, snipers, umpires pets, cheats etc etc etc... And we own you all!

I might have to try and bring myself to watch that game again (if possible)

I was there and I certainly didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in that game either way to be honest. But I do watch Geelong games a fair bit, and you guys get a damn good run.

Because to be honest, the one decision that gets talked about a lot from that Grand Final was the Jimmy Bartel goal which if I remember correctly, the umps didn't pay Dane Swan a mark or something that they should have?

Was the turning point of the match too I think, so I don't see how they tried to get US over the line but whatevs.

Much like the Sharrod Wellingham poster that put you guys in front, amirite?

The sad thing is that some (admittedly not all) Hawk supporters genuinely think there is a consipiracy at foot.

Taken to its (il)logical conclusion, said hawks fans must think that nefarious AFL umpires and shady Geelong dealmakers are meeting to arrange special deals to deliver Cat free kicks at the expense of the honourable Hawks. Cue images of FAT CATS laughing despicably. You can throw in Jewish bankers as well to the GREAT PLOT to add to the intrigue.

Only a few short years ago it would have been a Geelong supporters pissing and moaning like this. Now it's Hawthorn ****. I like it.

What Tom "One Kidney" Lonergan did was illegal and should have been penalised.
What's with the font?

WOW
Seriously, what a f***ing mega-sook. :rolleyes:

So your honest line is that every time the bloomers lose its a direct ploy by the umpires?
Well dumbarse, if it's so assured why don't you do the smart thing and get down to the TAB and clean up every time you play us???

Surely chuckin' down a few grasshoppers on Geelong wont kill you at the odds you'll be getting as being the red hot flag faves..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Umps love affair with the cats continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back