Under 16 National Champs - The Top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by hbk
ryan anderson had a great start to the carnival, but in game 2 was knocked out and takin to hospital! he then came out and played game three! shows that the kid has a lot of guts!

Or he's a faker

i was wondering if anyone noticed michael blacker from WA during the championships? hes pretty solid and a good ball winner. i didnt see any of the games so some insight would be appreciated

Originally posted by Black JuJu
I saw Leroy Jetta play prior to an Eagles this year - the lad has got awesome skills. Moved around like he owned the place. If he can stay committed he'll go high when his time comes.

I saw the u/16 destroy the South Freo colts before the Essendon Eagles match by about 100 points. It's true their midfield runners and talls were awesome. It was great to watch such young talent perform so fluently.

Monocle
Gumbleton would be about 190cm he plays in my divsion for football down here in mandurah W.A he has alot of talent ive played on him a few times tough job but yeh he is going to go far

llosis said:
I saw the u/16 destroy the South Freo colts before the Essendon Eagles match by about 100 points. It's true their midfield runners and talls were awesome. It was great to watch such young talent perform so fluently.
They may have played under the banner of South Fremantle Colts but I can assure you that the side that played the 16's would of been lucky to of had 4 regular Colts players. It was a game that should never of happened as SF don't have a big squad and the 18's , 16 development squad and obviously the state 16's were all unavailable.

NavyBlueBlood said:
Thanks for that.

What about Wayne Johnston's son who supposedly is playing for Vic Metro in the under 16 championships? I heard he is the goods and will likely be drafted in 2005 though haven't read anything about him.

Cheers.
NBB

I play footy against him, nothing special. But will probably be drafted because he is an above average player and has 'good stock'.

Black JuJu said:
I saw Leroy Jetta play prior to an Eagles this year - the lad has got awesome skills. Moved around like he owned the place. If he can stay committed he'll go high when his time comes.

was that the eagles vs essendon match?? who else played good??

king_carey_018 said:
Tim Brown (VicC) - Brother of Jonathon. Too small, and not up to it.

i have seen this young gun play on numerious occasions and he is a star, his attack and aggresion on the ball is outstanding and he can out mark anyone. i dont think we have seen the best of him yet but i reckon we will be seeing him alot more.

Tomi Johnston trains with the under 18s at Sandy and has the best skills there out of anyone. Certainly has the name unfortunately lacks the size to be a strong contender. Should he grow a bit and put on a significant amount of weight, I'm sure Carlton won't hesitate as the boy has a tremendous attitude and work ethic.

6. Joel Selwood (VIC) - His feature is his long kicking, but his hardness across half-back was great to watch. Brother of the AFL twins, he has the talent to go a long way.

He's gunna be a gun.

I have to agree. Joel Selwood is an excellent player. I hope injury doesn't hold him back because any AFL club could benefit from drafting him. Next Chris Judd because he is the complete package!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomi Johnston trains with the under 18s at Sandy and has the best skills there out of anyone. Certainly has the name unfortunately lacks the size to be a strong contender. Should he grow a bit and put on a significant amount of weight, I'm sure Carlton won't hesitate as the boy has a tremendous attitude and work ethic.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Nobody ever stuffs up and the conclusions are always obvious.
I was thinking that Carlton probably would rookie Tomi Johnston, but...
He and his brothers appear to be enjoying their footy down at Port Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Under 16 National Champs - The Top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back