U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

if you want my opinion goose here it is. Get your facts right before coming on here and looking like a 'goose' (pardon the pun). On the game between OT and Banyule i think that OT will be too good. I was just interested to see if Yulas would come out with another one of his riduculous posts about how good banyule were because they always seem to stir a bit of emotion. I like other posters think that this thread has been boring of late and yulas always seems to provide a spark.

yes i agree yulas is definatley one to speak his mind. I personally am not fan of people on this thread who always talk about who they have lost to seniors, I think it is a way of making excuses for poor performances. Each team has 18 blokes on the field and if they can't get the job done then thats just tough. I have no idea what conclusion that leads me to about the banyule/trinity game other than trinity seem to be very concerned about 19's playing seniors and i don't think this is an admirable trait.

yes i agree yulas is definatley one to speak his mind. I personally am not fan of people on this thread who always talk about who they have lost to seniors, I think it is a way of making excuses for poor performances. Each team has 18 blokes on the field and if they can't get the job done then thats just tough. I have no idea what conclusion that leads me to about the banyule/trinity game other than trinity seem to be very concerned about 19's playing seniors and i don't think this is an admirable trait.

Isnt it the same thing if players get injured/dropped...etc, do you not change your tips in the afl based on which players are playing.. i agree its not admirable to make the excuses, but merely stating that some players might not be playing which can and will have an impact on the end result of the game is an actual reality more than it is an excuse.

Isnt it the same thing if players get injured/dropped...etc, do you not change your tips in the afl based on which players are playing.. i agree its not admirable to make the excuses, but merely stating that some players might not be playing which can and will have an impact on the end result of the game is an actual reality more than it is an excuse.

that right there is 100% spot on. the under 19 competition is not the afl. the afl features players who are all exceptional players in the best quality standard in the country. this is an under 19 amatuer football competition where players aren't paid so they don't have to train, play etc. they are mostly boys who have come straight out of school and are just looking for a casual kick, but there are however some excellent players in that competition that love their football and want to strive for seniors etc. the real truth though is that when the gun players (i.e. under 19's playing seniors) do come back to play in the under 19 competition they absolutely dominate and can win games on their own back. so its not an excuse, its just the god damn truth

Good Point. I suppose I am just saying that through out this thread I have been getting the feeling (from old trinity supporters) that their team is made up of 4 or 5 guns. Now if they lose these players to senior duties, or these player get injured, or they simply dont play well, old trinity might really struggle. Where as a more even team might handle kids being taken to seniors, injuries etc, better. Perhaps my question is: Is old trinitys obsession with losing 19's to seniors an indication that they lack depth?

Good Point. I suppose I am just saying that through out this thread I have been getting the feeling (from old trinity supporters) that their team is made up of 4 or 5 guns. Now if they lose these players to senior duties, or these player get injured, or they simply dont play well, old trinity might really struggle. Where as a more even team might handle kids being taken to seniors, injuries etc, better. Perhaps my question is: Is old trinitys obsession with losing 19's to seniors an indication that they lack depth?

Absolutely no doubt the team will still go alright, but its a different story if they will be a strong finals contender without those players, especially if other teams have guns that are dropping back for finals.

spargo doesnt play under 19s.
Spargo will play U19 if required. So will Biggs and Krouoratis,Eade,Partington,Miriklis,Coulsen-Hoffacker,Pacconi,Leatham and Murrie and any others playing at a more senior level. Once a club is satisfied that they cannot make the 4 at the senior level or are safe from relegation these blokes will return to the U19s to try and win that flag. The only two who don't appear as if they will play U19,while their form hols up are Jones and Cerantonio at OEG

Spargo will play U19 if required. So will Biggs and Krouoratis,Eade,Partington,Miriklis,Coulsen-Hoffacker,Pacconi,Leatham and Murrie and any others playing at a more senior level. Once a club is satisfied that they cannot make the 4 at the senior level or are safe from relegation these blokes will return to the U19s to try and win that flag. The only two who don't appear as if they will play U19,while their form hols up are Jones and Cerantonio at OEG

Whats the diffrence between Jones, Cerantnio and Spargo. Why will the 1st two not player under 19's. Why will Spargo play 19's?

Whats the diffrence between Jones, Cerantnio and Spargo. Why will the 1st two not player under 19's. Why will Spargo play 19's?
Don't you blokes read the posts properly! I said Spargo will play if REQUIRED. WhileU19s is important to a team, to the club it is just a consolation prize. So while any of these guns are an integral part of the senior team they will not be released to the U19s.
And the way that OEG are travelling at the moment ,they will not drop Cerantonio and Jones and risk stuffing their team structure whereas Ivanhoe later in the year MAY contemplate dropping Spargo IF their firsts cannot make finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok first of all bw2 i dont think that its right to put us down in that way and call us arrgant when we believe we are still a long way away from teams like trinity and ivanhoe, regarding moose1 question i think we have a massive challenge playing on the massive trinity oval is much different to our small banyule ground were we like to play but we shall see afta this weekend who is left to be arragont but in no way are banyule arrogant.
I also want to say to the person that said that trinity have had a hard run well banyule have played all those teams except essendon and weve had to play camberwell seems pretty fair between the 2 teams i believe.

has anyone seen the full foreward for manningham maybe no. 31. i heard he eats a whole pizza between each quarter and it shows, dont understand how his knees and ankles havent chucked it in yet

ok first of all bw2 i dont think that its right to put us down in that way and call us arrgant when we believe we are still a long way away from teams like trinity and ivanhoe, regarding moose1 question i think we have a massive challenge playing on the massive trinity oval is much different to our small banyule ground were we like to play but we shall see afta this weekend who is left to be arragont but in no way are banyule arrogant.
I also want to say to the person that said that trinity have had a hard run well banyule have played all those teams except essendon and weve had to play camberwell seems pretty fair between the 2 teams i believe.

fair call buddy, just was the vibe that was being shed from some of your followers. i agree, tough challenge for both teams this weekend, big ground wont suit banyule but trinity would appear to be a little out of form only just accounting for carey last weekend. would also agree that both their runs have been similar and to be honest there isn't much separating these two sides. both teams will be firing to prove their worth their undefeated status, but i believe the best team is ivanhoe by a long shot. they have winning experience from last year and the fact that they don't post anything on this hypothetical forum shows they really couldnt give a stuff and are just interested in playing good footy. other than them, i think all other spots in the top three are up for grabs and by no way is it just a play off for fourth. these next three-four weeks will be telling. bw2.

thankyou and i also agree that ivanhoe will be the bench mark in the division for this year that is if there to keep all there 'guns' in the under 19s and not the seniors. personally i think that fitzroy reds are that side to take it to teams like ivanhoe and trinity.

thankyou and i also agree that ivanhoe will be the bench mark in the division for this year that is if there to keep all there 'guns' in the under 19s and not the seniors. personally i think that fitzroy reds are that side to take it to teams like ivanhoe and trinity.

i also reackon that they will finish top 4. I think that the way the top 4 stands now is the way it will finish (Ivanhoe, OT, Banyule, Fitzroy). Fitzroy have a couple of very good players, and are very good at releasing the ball out of packs. Number 9 and the big bloke up forwared are their two standouts but number 9 can be a bit hot headed at times. The big bloke up forwared is an extremely accurate set shot and has a strong set of mits. Also keep your eye out for the Fitzroy runner....he has a striking resemblance to John Buttler .....

i also reackon that they will finish top 4. I think that the way the top 4 stands now is the way it will finish (Ivanhoe, OT, Banyule, Fitzroy). Fitzroy have a couple of very good players, and are very good at releasing the ball out of packs. Number 9 and the big bloke up forwared are their two standouts but number 9 can be a bit hot headed at times. The big bloke up forwared is an extremely accurate set shot and has a strong set of mits. Also keep your eye out for the Fitzroy runner....he has a striking resemblance to John Buttler .....

Let me lay down the facts once and for all. OI are the dominant force this season, and will win the flag. As for the Mooses top 4 - Banyule, perhaps, but youve got no chance of winning - Fitzory, likewise - and OT, if they think that bringing back 3 or 4 players like Coulsen-Hoffacker, Pacconi and Leatham will get them over the line against OI, theyve got another thing coming.

this years OI team is as good, if not better than the one that easily won the premiership last year, and with connections at both clubs, i can safely say that OI would comfortably defeat OT with their current side, regardless of who OT have playing. The scary thing is that both Saprgo and Delmonte are playing seniors each and every week, and are really performing at that level. they would therefore quite easily nullify the effect of whomever OT bring back into their side any day of the week!

* with or without Delmonte and Spargo - pencil OI in for the 08 flag.

this years OI team is as good, if not better than the one that easily won the premiership last year, and with connections at both clubs, i can safely say that OI would comfortably defeat OT with their current side, regardless of who OT have playing. The scary thing is that both Saprgo and Delmonte are playing seniors each and every week, and are really performing at that level. they would therefore quite easily nullify the effect of whomever OT bring back into their side any day of the week!

* with or without Delmonte and Spargo - pencil OI in for the 08 flag.

get over yourself you arrogant wa*ker

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back