Under 19s Playing TAC Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

prynny_22

Senior List
Apr 4, 2004
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I suppose everyone is knows that this year every club in the TAC CUP Comp can have a maximum of TWO u19 players paying for them.

Does anybody know who they are from each club?

As far as I know

Stingrays
James MAGNER
Brad HORACZKO
Power
Tyson GOLDSACK

Bendigo Pioneers - No Application
Calder Cannons - No Application
Dandenong Stingrays - Brad Horaczko & James Magner
Eastern Ranges - Leigh Bailey
Geelong Falcons - Andrew Banjanin & Adam Marsland
Gippsland Power - Tyson Goldsack
Murray Bushrangers - No Application
North Ballarat Rebels - George Knowles
Northern Knights - Paul Colbert
Oakleigh Chargers - Andrew Ainger
Sandringham Dragons - Jake Muir & Andrew McGuiness
Western Jets - Joe Hedditch

grub29 said:

Thanx mate, source???

Oh Furious One said:
Magner was in Vic Metro until he injured his thumb. Not to mention his steller GF performance.

That's my point. It's not like he hasn't had opportunties to impress in front of the AFL clubs already.

My understand was the 19 year old rule was for players who have had limited opportunities as 17 or 18 year olds, or for a developing tall.

GOALden Hawk said:
That's my point. It's not like he hasn't had opportunties to impress in front of the AFL clubs already. My understand was the 19 year old rule was for players who have had limited opportunities as 17 or 18 year olds, or for a developing tall.

What do you think about the selection of Jake Muir from Sandy Dragons? Was listed in the Vic Metro final 30 in the U/18 champs last year and represented at U16 level as well (I think). Would you consider his position similar to Magners or do you see him as a developing tall?

Perhaps his private school commitments meant that he has had lmiited opportunities in the past?

GOALden Hawk said:
No offence to James Magner personally, but why is he on that list? He is hardly a developing tall, and he was hardly starved of opportunities in 2005.

All the other selections seem reasonable to me.
I agree with you, he certainly had plenty of opportunity in the Grand Final. Does anyone know what the actual rules are for this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saintlynewby said:
I agree with you, he certainly had plenty of opportunity in the Grand Final. Does anyone know what the actual rules are for this?

I don't think there are any rules as such. More a case of a club applying and the league taking on a case by case basis.

Have to agree that Dandenong have been a bit cheeky. Both Magner and Horazcko played plenty of footy and both tried out for Metro.

Horazcko might be a tall, but I wouldn't put him in the pencil-thin category who needs the extra time. He is a power guy who was already knocking blokes over last year. There are going to be some bottom age fullbacks in for a rude suprise when they man him up.

There are rules in place:

- Player must be born after the April 30th Draft cut off date, therefore the player, while playing TAC cup, was only eligable for one draft.

- Had to have played less than 15 games or so (could be more/ less) in his two years at TAC cup level.

- Had to be a private schooler/ special exception, for example, major long term injury which restricted playing availability over the two year period.

They are the general rules which the TAC clubs obide when allowing top top agers to play a third year of TAC cup.

GOALden Hawk said:
No offence to James Magner personally, but why is he on that list? He is hardly a developing tall, and he was hardly starved of opportunities in 2005.

All the other selections seem reasonable to me.

i think you seem to be forgetting that the kid, wasnt in the tac system the year before..so limited opurtunities developing his game, he also had to play school football missing three tac games and had a thumb injury that put him out for 8 weeks, surely he couldnt have shown his full potential, so thats 11 weeks out of tac that coullnt have been judged on, i donno but i think hes a legitimate case for the under 19 rule

james should well and truely be given the opportunity to go round in the TAC CUP again as last year wos hi only year and he missed plenty of football with his broken thumb and then had to play school football..... hardly even a full year! i think youll find he has improved alot this year anyway cos the game i saw on the weekend he wasnt just a crash n bang player he has developed his game in the speed and ball winning area which has brought out some flair!......good luck to the bloke

GRANGE_GSM said:
james should well and truely be given the opportunity to go round in the TAC CUP again as last year wos hi only year and he missed plenty of football with his broken thumb and then had to play school football..... hardly even a full year! i think youll find he has improved alot this year anyway cos the game i saw on the weekend he wasnt just a crash n bang player he has developed his game in the speed and ball winning area which has brought out some flair!......good luck to the bloke

Good call, he definetly has improved and become a more dynamic player over the preseason... Jim missed to much TAC last year to be turned down on the 19s rule, he was a good choice and will be a valuable player at the stingers

dumpsaw_01 said:
can these blokes play U18 footy for victoria or vic country?

Good question, i was thinking the same.. The state sides would just consist of the 19 year olds if they were aloud to play, obvesly they will dominate the comp

grub29 said:

Knowles will get picked up by essendon might be rookie but highly likey... mark my words

James Magner was bought into the TAC Cup comp as a top age under 18 (last year his first year)

He missed a few games last year through his thumb injury and that also made him miss out on the vic metro final squad.

Missing out on the carnival was a big let down. His grand final performance last year was stella BUT a lot of AFL teams didnt get to see much of him last year.

This year he has gone out there and proven that he is serious about his footy.

Good Luck to James Magner in the draft this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Under 19s Playing TAC Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back