Unleash the anger and cool off in this neck of the woods

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Measured thoughts and all here

First watched the Bombers win flag in '84 so I sort of get the ups & down of footy champ.

Demons were going win a game sooner or later & they had a bit of luck in catching a team clearly down across the board.

Saying you are going to boycott games because of ONE poxy performance is cringe worthy, but hey whatever floats your boat:rolleyes:

Bloody oath.:thumbsu:

One shit song doesn't ruin a party, unless you're a massive knob who LOVES Lady Gaga. FFS.

GO BOMBERS!

We lost the game with our poor goalkicking. Ryder, Hurley, Crameri, Monfries & Jetta, all regular goalkickers, managed a combined total of 0.12. That doesn't even include a few complete misses by these 5 players. 2.10 would've got us over the line. We should've been 5-6 goals up at 3/4 time. Ryder missed a sitter in the first couple of minutes in the last 1/4 which would've put us over 2 goals up & more than likely given us the mometum to finish Melbourne off. In all honesty we should've won by 8-10 goals if not for our goalkicking woes. We kept Melbourne in the match & they got a sniff.

I'm also a bit worried about how the side has been managed this year. All pre-season the talk was how players won't be able to play all 22 games due to the physical demands of the game. All the talk before Anzac day was how we were going to bring players in to manage the workload due to the short break but all they did was take Hurley out due to injury. Hibberd & Crameri went in under clouds & Hibberd was injured in the 1st 1/4 & is yet to return while Crameri was hopeless due to a corkie he recieved in the Carlton game. Crameri then hurt his knee against Brisbane & has clearly been in need of a week off ever since. He was not much use to us last night. Fletcher was carrying a leg injury for 3-4 weeks before he got hurt against Ricmond & had to be subbed out. Why you would do this to a 37 y.o has got me stuffed. Dyson was in the same boat up until last week when he also got injured then subbed. Howlett was to sub last week, due to his workload, until Hardingham, who had been under a cloud, was forced to pull out so he played the whole match. You would think that Howlett would be the sub this week or maybe even rested, but no, he plays the whole match & he was running up down on the same spot all game. Lonergan was sub last night when conditions were made for him last night. Maybe he needed the rest but it would be a first for anyone this year. Pears still doesn't seem to be covering the ground as well as he can & Hurley hardly bent over last night, especially in the 2nd half & it cost us goal scoring chances. We should've got fresh legs into the team the last 2 weeks because we still would've beaten GWS & we still should've beaten Melbourne. We looked very tired last night. We don't have many easy games in the second half of the year so I don't know how we'll be able to manage player workloads then as we'll have to keep winning to have any chance of finishing top 4. Full time physios & The Weapon will earn their money this year to keep the players fresh.

I think we should just stop bitching and move onto next week. Get ourselves up for the Sydney game and have a strong one before the bye.

It's been a weird weekend of footy. Who woulda though that Port would beat Carlton and Brisbane of all teams would beat West Coast. Heck, a few more points and we would be on top of the ladder right now. It's only a 0.5% difference.

It's not the end of the world, these things happen. Grow up and stick by your side, we're not Carlton fans.

I think this thread shows we should not point the finger at moron supporters of other clubs, we have plenty of our own :eek:

Yes you should be pissed off that we let a nuffy side win their first game against us, yes you should be annoyed as to how it happened but people need to look into the why a bit more and see a few basic factors that changed it from a ordinary win into a crap loss and know things can change week to week.

Lets face it all of would have taken 9-2 or even 8-3 at the bye before round 1.
We also have to face the reality check that we are still a side working our way up the ladder and not a genuine settled top 4 contender over a number of years.

Good conversion would have resulted in another underwhelming victory against one of the three worst sides in the competition this year. There is absolutely no doubt about it.

I would have taken an underwhelming victory against, as you said, one of the three worst sides in the competition.

BUT we were destroyed in the clearances (the area we are supposed to dominate) and had much less of the ball.

The midfield did not perform, its sh1thouse performance was exposed by our failure to convert. If we bring that sort of midfield performance against Sydney, we can not kick a point all night and it will not matter because we will be destroyed.

We were first to the ball (most of the night), our inability to keep our feet certainly shone through, as was our inability to pick the right options moving forward. (hence the losing the clearances, but clearly being able to go inside 50).

That we were still close to winning and managed to get the ball inside 50 so frequently just shows what an absolute abomination of a side Melbourne currently is. I just cannot emphasise enough that last night was one of the worst, most uncommitted performances I've ever seen from Essendon*.

*I am firmly of the view that the result and performance is ultimately irrelevant but it made it no less difficult to watch. I turned off about 6 or 7 minutes into the last quarter.

I punhed the couch several times in anger, bitterly disappointed by our performance.

Going to be a ripper game next week.. Sydney have not won in Melbourne the last 8 times they have played us, surely they are not going to be another hoodoo to break against us?!!

I would of played more solid bodies on the ball i.e Crameri, put Pears as an outside runner. Tried to be innovative because we didn't look like we could buy a goal as you say, it was the foward line. Get a big man up there like bellchambers and use the long kicking ability and strength of crameri, use Pears and Dysons outside disposal that is highly effective. This is what annoys me when something isnt working and it hasnt worked for 3 quarters and you cant play football on your own terms try a structural change that gives you some advantage.

Crameri is struggling, think it is blatantly obvious for all to see.. Not sure you can expect a whole lot from guys like Pears & Crameri who have struggled with/or coming back from injury..

Like I said in an earlier post, the break cannot come at a better time for us, especially for guys still to come back in, giving them an extra week.

We were always going to have a stinker sooner or later. It's happend, now it's time to move on. It's the loss we had to have.

Currently 8-2, sitting 2nd on the ladder. 0.59% away from being on top. Playing Sydney at Etihad, who havin't faired to well in Melbourne this year. We'll have the bye, regain a couple of important players. Tough game against Fremantle & then two very winable games in WBD/St Kilda.

I would have taken an underwhelming victory against, as you said, one of the three worst sides in the competition.

We were first to the ball (most of the night), our inability to keep our feet certainly shone through, as was our inability to pick the right options moving forward. (hence the losing the clearances, but clearly being able to go inside 50).

I punhed the couch several times in anger, bitterly disappointed by our performance.

Going to be a ripper game next week.. Sydney have not won in Melbourne the last 8 times they have played us, surely they are not going to be another hoodoo to break against us?!!

Crameri is struggling, think it is blatantly obvious for all to see.. Not sure you can expect a whole lot from guys like Pears & Crameri who have struggled with/or coming back from injury..

Like I said in an earlier post, the break cannot come at a better time for us, especially for guys still to come back in, giving them an extra week.

Good post.

I like how Yoda is constructive with his feedback.

Cheers

Tomorrow is collection day at work, when people are offering 10 goals in you just have to snap it up. Did anyone get the humour from last night's "effort" My missus came with me last night and we spent the night with many :eek: and quite a few :rolleyes: and one or two :confused:
Essendon could not play that badly again if they tried, I've missed four games since 1973 so I've seen many a smashing and weak efforts, but last night was comedy central, central !
It was like a badly acted silent film
" You do it"
"No you do it"
" You pick it up"
" No you pick it up"
" **** ya, I'm going to kick it to a melbourne bloke"
Last night was an absolute last ditch attempt at the funniest stand up for the melbourne comedy festival. They got my vote. Benny Hill music only thing lacking.

People can say what they want but the bombers deserve all the crisism there getting and for anyone who disagrees with the vocal opinions of others....

THIS IS NOT melbourne, richmond, footscray, st kilda or the North Melbourne Football Club or even the recent successors of the last decade Brisbane, Sydney, West, Hawthorn, Geelong this is the Essendon Football Club.

Essendon is the greatest club in the whole AFL and it should never be disrespected. No other club is comparable to this club in my opinion. Now these players performing need to appreciate the jumper and the fans, when they get on the field.. not produce rubbish that embarrasses us or nobody will want to turn up. Instead of fielding clowns and show ponies why don't they get serious about the top 4. The occasional loss might be okay if your a club with a losing culture but to beat a club that are 0-9 club isn't unrealistic. :thumbsdown:

People can say what they want but the bombers deserve all the crisism there getting and for anyone who disagrees with the vocal opinions of others....

THIS IS NOT melbourne, richmond, footscray, st kilda or the North Melbourne Football Club or even the recent successors of the last decade Brisbane, Sydney, West, Hawthorn, Geelong this is the Essendon Football Club.

Essendon is the greatest club in the whole AFL and it should never be disrespected. No other club is comparable to this club in my opinion. Now these players performing need to appreciate the jumper and the fans, when they get on the field.. not produce rubbish that embarrasses us or nobody will want to turn up. Instead of fielding clowns and show ponies why don't they get serious about the top 4. The occasional loss might be okay if your a club with a losing culture but to beat a club that are 0-9 club isn't unrealistic. :thumbsdown:
:thumbsu:
Bolded cant be more true.

I am still depressed after that. I have never been so worked up over a footy game in my life and I dont know why but I felt sick in the guts after that. I turned off the last 30 seconds and I have never done that. For me that was the worse loss since 99, we have had bad losses before like WCE in 2010 but I knew the reason behind that there was no excuse for this.

I hope the players and coaches are embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon is the greatest club in the whole AFL and it should never be disrespected. No other club is comparable to this club in my opinion.

Perhaps.

But it doesn't entitle us to anything. Having pride in your performance is a must, but that mindset is just pure and utter bullish arrogance, and frankly Zaka talking post match about how they "like to be thought of as a contested ball side" and bringing up a bullshit phrase like "Essendon footy" concerns me a tad. A sense of entitlement is going to be the problem long before it's the solution.

We need to kick straighter because we're wearing a black jumper with a red sash. Makes sense to me. It was a dismal, sloppy performance, but it was lost by a kick. We didn't lay down and die at any point in the game - the endeavour was there, it was just wrongheaded, stupid, and full of slop merchantry. It's a disappointment, but the performance against Melbourne last year was infinitely worse and a greater disgrace to the club, if you ask me.

In my foul mood last night on the way home I commented that I wasn't going next week against the Swans as the club disappoints me too much time and time again. Soft & weak option on reflection.

24 hours I've already totally changed my mind. Healing process over.

Bring on the Swans and let's get this shit back on track.

You know what annoys me more than most, the fact for the past 7 weeks I've been dreading to myself after every Melbourne loss ''I bet Melbourne will get there first win of the year against Essendon, it would be flipping typical of us'' and surprise, flipping surprise the whole thing just unravelled in front of me.

What makes me angry even more is the fact Mark Neeld will always remember his first win as coach after 9 straight losses was against ESSENDON.

You know we're nowhere near as bad as other clubs over the years in regards to 100+ belting's etc but we really know how to put the icing on opposition club **** sandwiches. Last night was a cherry on top job by us.

What makes me angry even more is the fact Mark Neeld will always remember his first win as coach after 9 straight losses was against ESSENDON.

Clearly a fate worse than death.

I guess we can console ourselves with the fact that Rocket Eade will remember his last game as coach being against ESSENDON. Or something. :confused:

And Neil Craig.

Essendon succeeds in the following

- Making opposite coaches either quit or get sacked
- Win games after the siren with the other team missing
- Put an end to loosing streaks.

And Neil Craig.

Essendon succeeds in the following

- Making opposite coaches either quit or get sacked
- Win games after the siren with the other team missing
- Put an end to loosing streaks.

Put an end to winning streaks, too.

Craig's last game was the Tiprat feast at Docklands, though.

Arguably, losing to Essendon at Football Park was more embarrassing, though.

Put an end to winning streaks, too.

Craig's last game was the Tiprat feast at Docklands, though.

Arguably, losing to Essendon at Football Park was more embarrassing, though.

We put Neil in the coffin though, St Kilda put the final nail in.

Orignial post was meant to say winning streaks instead of loosing streaks:eek:

I can't remember to many teams beating us after losing the previous 9 rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unleash the anger and cool off in this neck of the woods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back