Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon there's a bit of a groundswell of support for 'yes' from people who might otherwise either vote no or not vote at all out of wanting the no camp (that's 'no' camp, not 'no camp') to lose. It's not really the reason you want people voting yes, but good enough right?

Because a yes vote is the start of the loss of religious freedom.
That's why imo it's in the best interests for theists to have ssm legislated for by the Libs who are most likely to offer greater protection to the churches. Although Catholic influence in the ALP would suggest you shouldn't have much to worry about should they end up drafting amendments to the Marriage Act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh **** off.

If two people who you don't know want to get married, why does it ******* matter? Imagine if your son was gay and wanted to get married, and couldn't.
I politely ask you to check the name of this thread again.

I politely ask you to check the name of this thread again.

Would be interesting to know what the result would if it was compulsory compared to how it is being run out.
As someone said it will mainly be the passionate on either side who vote- I think it will be a 'no' vote FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have already been jailed in the US over their refusal to marry same sex couples.
They were Civil Servants refusing to do their job and coercing other people into not doing their job. The person did not go to jail or lose her right to religious freedom or expression. She refused to do her job and coerced. Thats an offence

Religious freedom being threatened? Using that logic means we should be still living everything by the bible. I'm no athiest or religion hater but there's no reason religion can't evolve with the times. That means accepting gay marriage. Religion won't collapse because of it.

Because a yes vote is the start of the loss of religious freedom.

Lul what?

You are still allowed to practice religion - you are in fact FORCING yours on other people by voting for the law to stay as it is.

Lunacy

People have already been jailed in the US over their refusal to marry same sex couples.

PG that woman in the US not only didn't want to grant marriage licenses to same-sex couples, but also didn't allow her underlings to do the same. she worked for the government, not for a church or religious institution, so I don't see how her religious freedom was compromised here.

I understand your objection, but we live in a free and secular country and outside of churches/mosques/places of worship, I don't see why religious expression should be catered for to every individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back