Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to more comedy then music. More stand-up and the news/current affairs discussion-type shows rather than sit-coms - nevertheless, I think I listen to a lot more comedy than most.

I like female comedians, I know the standard line is 'Women aren't funny', but I disagree. In fact, I think I tend to seek out female comedians as much, or probably more than males.

(PS - there are just as many lousy female comedians - meaning 'Those I don't like' - as male). But there's just as many good ones, as well.
There's nothing worse than female comedians that rely on talking about getting old and having saggy ****, periods or getting menopause.

There's nothing worse than female comedians that rely on talking about getting old and having saggy ****, periods or getting menopause.
Or Rebel Wilson, who's made a career out of being 'the fat girl.'

Melbourne is overrated as a city. If it didn't have the AFl and the MCG it would be meh.

I'm of that opinion as well. If it wasn't for the footy Melbourne would be strictly fly over.

Melbourne is overrated as a city. If it didn't have the AFl and the MCG it would be meh.
I'm of that opinion as well. If it wasn't for the footy Melbourne would be strictly fly over.

That's because you both love footy.

If you had t grown to love footy do you not believe you would have another main focus.

I love Melbourne for

- Sport
- Live Music
- Varied Night Life
- Close proximity of Sport Grounds to the CBD
- Diverse Culture

and all my friends and family live here.

Because we live here you forget how lucky we are.

When you speak to people from overseas they talk about how lucky we are and how jealous they are

Grass is always greener and all that

Probably not. I couldn't care less about the night life or varied culture. Other than the sport I can get most of everything else I want in Perth but I'm a boring campaigner.

I'm not saying Melbourne is bad but the amount of wanking people do over it (Sydney as well) is not really justified.

Probably not. I couldn't care less about the night life or varied culture. Other than the sport I can get most of everything else I want in Perth but I'm a boring campaigner.

I'm not saying Melbourne is bad but the amount of wanking people do over it (Sydney as well) is not really justified.

So you don't love the night life, you don't love to boogie ? On the disco floor ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooh

- Sport
- Live Music
- Varied Night Life
- Close proximity of Sport Grounds to the CBD
- Diverse Culture

and all my friends and family live here.

Every city has that though. Apart from the sport I can even get all that in Central Queensland. I spent a large part of my life in Melbourne and love the city but the only thing I miss living in Queensland is going to the footy every weekend. And the weather just about makes up for that.

Every city has that though. Apart from the sport I can even get all that in Central Queensland. I spent a large part of my life in Melbourne and love the city but the only thing I miss living in Queensland is going to the footy every weekend. And the weather just about makes up for that.

Perth and Adelaide has worthless live music. No (not many) bands to there and purely tour the east coast. Also found Perths nightlife to be poor and quite limited.

Sydney is great as well.

Brisbane and the Gold Coast in particular are pathetic.

Pokies f***ed Adelaide's live music scene. Pubs turned their band rooms into pokies rooms, and it sucks now.

Where as in Melbourne you have The Corner, 170 Russel, Northcote Social Club, Shebeen, The Hi-Fi, The Forum, Howler, Festival Hall, Ding Dong Lounge, The Espy amongst others im no doubt forgetting that in a lot of cases have live music on most nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree. For how much it costs to live there, you'd really need to love and enjoy the culture/lifestyle to justify it. Poor transport, too crowded for my liking, and a lot of w@nkers.

Melbourne has some great things. It's growing a bit too rapidly for me though. Part of the appeal of moving to Vancouver was a smaller city. I think my next move will be to a large country town of 100,000 or so. It just suits me better.

Yep me too. Being able to get to work in five minutes is glorious.

You can say that about any city.
Paris is over rated. If it didn't have the Eiffel Tower and the louvre it would be meh.

It really depends on what interests you.

Nobody could say that about Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back