Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtually impossible to get a player on loan of some quality. How much did we get for meridia? I reckon we should go after Kompany, gives us a back up CB and DM. Bring back simpson on loan and see how we go.

Carlton Cole
No

No

No

We're not playing name your favourite journeyman Centre Forwards in the EPL, we're looking for a centre forward who has some height and strenght, and fits in with our gamestyle - that is techincally proficient, comfortable with the ball at his feet and capable of rotating between the centre, left and right in the manner that all of our players do.

None of the above fit this mould. Since we're not going to get Fernando Torres, we should be looking further afield than the EPL, and I'm almost certain Wenger is doing so.

Virtually impossible to get a player on loan of some quality. How much did we get for meridia? I reckon we should go after Kompany, gives us a back up CB and DM. Bring back simpson on loan and see how we go.
He was out of contract wasn't he? So, nothing i guess

We're not playing name your favourite journeyman Centre Forwards in the EPL, we're looking for a centre forward who has some height and strenght, and fits in with our gamestyle - that is techincally proficient, comfortable with the ball at his feet and capable of rotating between the centre, left and right in the manner that all of our players do.

None of the above fit this mould. Since we're not going to get Fernando Torres, we should be looking further afield than the EPL, and I'm almost certain Wenger is doing so.
I think Cole fits our style pretty well, he is good with the ball at his feet.

Cole isn't the most technically brilliant but I am sure he'd fit in soon enough and his strength and holding up the ball cannot be questioned.

Lots of CF's are strong and good at holding the ball up, but to play in this Arsenal side that isn't enough. If the player isn't technically proficient, then they just will not work in our system. Same goes for being able to rotate left-central-right as we shuffle our pack on the fly to confuse defences, though that is not as much of a deal breaker.

We're not going to get a striker who fits that mould from within the EPL, the few that do exist will not be let go, we have to go further afield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well. A positive is that we could have a few players back from injury when it is rescheduled.

Also ensures the other players get to freshen up with a few more days extra rest.

Can't hurt Denilson, Arshavin and Gallas who have all had injury clouds around them but have played of late.

WTF? What would we care if his english or not?
I don't trust FIFA and all these rules about homegrown players they could bring in, so if a decent English player is available I'd take him. Only problem is English players are always overpriced.

Probably prefer if we could take someone on loan for 6 months. When all our strikers are fit we have plenty of depth for the 4-3-3. I want to see guys like Bendtner get a chance at Arsenal.

Sounds like you're wanting one of these ...

Wenger uses contact to unearth 'new Adebayor'

According to reports in Romania, Arsenal could move for FC Cluj striker Lacina Traore after scouts reportedly watched the 6ft 6inch striker impress on both domestic and European fronts for his current owners.

The 19-year-old, a graduate of Jean-Marc Guillou’s Academie de Sol Beni in the Ivory Coast, made the switch to his current surroundings in 2008 before helping Cluj to both the Romanian Cup and Super Cup last year.

It is thought that Arsene Wenger has been alerted to the player’s qualities through his link with Guillou, the man responsible for giving the Gunners coach his first big break in coaching at Cannes in the early ‘80s.

The two men have since worked closely together giving opportunities to several players from Africa, with the likes of Kolo Toure and his younger brother both making their way to Arsenal; the latter taking on a trial in north London before playing for clubs in France, Ukraine, Greece and reigning European champions and the former making himself a fan favourite at Highbury and the Emirates with his swashbuckling defensive style.

In an interview in the Romanian press, Traore described being linked with Arsenal as "sensational" and stressed "it would be a dream" to play for the prestigious English club.

Speaking about possible contact with Arsene Wenger, CFR Cluj president Iuliu Muresan confirmed:

"We have been in contact with Arsenal, but have not received any concrete offer. Four million euros is the fee we are looking for."

Rated by scouts in Romania as a huge talent Traore has been labeled the ‘new Adebayor’ due to his height, trickery and decent pace.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/32157/Wenger_uses_contact_to_unearth_new_Adebayor.aspx

^^^^ FAIL. We don't need another teenager, we have plenty. We need an established player preferably with experience and quality.

I don't trust FIFA and all these rules about homegrown players they could bring in, so if a decent English player is available I'd take him. Only problem is English players are always overpriced.

Probably prefer if we could take someone on loan for 6 months. When all our strikers are fit we have plenty of depth for the 4-3-3. I want to see guys like Bendtner get a chance at Arsenal.

I understand your point and im not against english players but Id prefer us just get the best player out there wherever they may be from England, Europe, Africa etc.

Normally I'd agree with the points you make but sorry I think Cole would be relatively cheap (for an english player) and a player that we really need considering our side isn't super strong I'd think he'd complement the quick/skillful players. He destroys us when we verse west ham and he is a proven player in the EPL but I think a fair comment on him would be he doesn't really bang them in, but you could argue that he does not get the regular supply from the likes of Ramsey and Fabregas, and that he is more of a support striker - hence why Dzeko would be good as he could probably do both. The English comment was in regards to the homegrown players rule, I am not sure where we stand on that at the moment. Of course though I'd rather Dzeko but you really think Wenger would splash the cash?

I do agree however English players are overpriced. Someone in the Zlatan mould (but with a better attitude) would be good, skillful, technically proficient and strong. Dzeko seems to fit the bill, seriously Wenger splash the cash and you will not regret it.

I like the look of the trarore guy in discussion 6tf 6! quick and can use both legs (from what I've seen on youtube;)). Anyway doubt he can get a passport.

Normally I'd agree with the points you make but sorry I think Cole would be relatively cheap (for an english player) and a player that we really need considering our side isn't super strong I'd think he'd complement the quick/skillful players. He destroys us when we verse west ham and he is a proven player in the EPL but I think a fair comment on him would be he doesn't really bang them in, but you could argue that he does not get the regular supply from the likes of Ramsey and Fabregas, and that he is more of a support striker - hence why Dzeko would be good as he could probably do both. The English comment was in regards to the homegrown players rule, I am not sure where we stand on that at the moment. Of course though I'd rather Dzeko but you really think Wenger would splash the cash?

I do agree however English players are overpriced. Someone in the Zlatan mould (but with a better attitude) would be good, skillful, technically proficient and strong. Dzeko seems to fit the bill, seriously Wenger splash the cash and you will not regret it.

I agree with everything you said. Cole would be a welcomed addition IMO too because he would bring something different to the team, like playing with his back to the goal etc. who I don't think anyone we have can do that.

But I just don't want us to sign because his English, as you rightly point out they tend to be overpriced. But I don't think Wegner would do that anyway as his the most prone manager to look beyond the english shores.

That being said, I think we could get Cole at around 9mill particularly with West Ham's weak financial position. Dzeko on the other hand would demand I believe between 15-20mill pounds which I don't think Wegner would be all too keen to spend in the current economic climate in england.

Fair enough about the English comment and correct about how Wenger tends to look abroad. I don't think we will get him in, I think a team like Liverpool would probably go after him more.

9m for Cole would be great, but Dzeko would be beyond great but yeah doubt Wenger would go for him :( Hate to see the bloke rot away at a club like AC Milan.

Give up the idea of getting cole, no way west ham would sell arguaby their most important player when they are battling relegation.

9m for Cole would be great

9 million pounds for Carlton Cole?! Ignoring the fact that I don't want him and he would be completely incapable of playing effectively within our system, there's no way he's worth more than 4 million. If the asking price was 9 million, I would, and I can guarantee Wenger would, take that money elsewhere and get substanitally better value for it.

Get something we don't have, sure, it's pretty obvious that we need something different. That does not mean we get something so completely different that it cannot play within our system, that would be a complete waste of money - the team is not going to keep an entirely different system of play just to suit one player who can't work within the current one. Instead, we should be buying a player who is both different, and capable of using that difference within our system, to take it in directions our current fit squad is unable to do.

What the hell use do we have for a CF who is unable to be a part of our quick movement and passing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back