Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaby is one of our most important players because he is the only one bar song that won't be bullied by physical midfields. How many different injuries has theo had this year it's really beyond a joke.

We were pathetic last night. On our home turf, too.

Credit to Everton. They were well drilled and committed.

Blame it all on me. Been to 2 premier league games now....the one vs sunderland and yesterdays. i'm jsut bad luck.

we were very lucky, there was no intensity until the 85th minute. If only we could have played like that the whole game.

Very dissapointed with nasri, arshavin and eduardos games. However i felt diaby was fantastic most of the game

Blame it all on me. Been to 2 premier league games now....the one vs sunderland and yesterdays. i'm jsut bad luck.

we were very lucky, there was no intensity until the 85th minute. If only we could have played like that the whole game.

Very dissapointed with nasri, arshavin and eduardos games. However i felt diaby was fantastic most of the game

Stop going to the games please :D

Don't know what game you were watching but Nasri along with Daiby were our better performers IMO.

Bloody Denilson. Apart from going down sheepishly (why didn't he at least commit a foul before going down so play could be stopped?), he was out muscled in the midfield which enabled Everton to disposses him pretty easily and his passing really let him and the team down.

Still, I think we gained one point rather than losing two points there. Even though it was at home, its a bit too much to ask to be nearly 100% at home this season. I was impressed that we came back from being a goal down twice in the match, showed some character. Last season we would of lost this match. Thats one of the only positives we can take from a pretty ordinary performance.

Also, thats three or four games in a row now that Diaby has been one of our best. Has he turned the corner in producing on a consistent basis?

He was by far our best against Everton, only one in the midfield who wasnt bullied. Also, his work trekking back to help out the defence- cleared a ball by Cahill into the box which could of lead to the sealer or everton and his tackling etc winning the ball back.

Diaby-Song-Cesc midfield when all available looks very promising.

I think this draw can be blamed almost squarely on Denilson and Traore - terrible work in defence from both, just doing the simple stuff, continually let Everton work themselves further and further into the game, and robbed us of momentum.

We control games by regaining quick possession after turnovers with strong defensive work, essentially limiting the opposition to aimless long balls that Vermaelen and Gallas clean up to a silky-footed one touch midfielder every time. Their shit play prevented this from happening. It's nigh on impossible to build that air of inevitability around our attack when the defence is constantly allowing the opposition to just stroll out with the ball and get in behind on the left so, so easily.

Traore isn't a defender. He is better used as an attacking winger. If Djourou was fit then I'd probably put Gallas at LB and use Djourou in the middle with Verm. I would have more confidence with that setup. Clichy should be back soonish though.
With Diaby and Ramsey stepping up it puts the pressure on Denilson to keep improving.

To be fair to denilson, it's not his fault he can't perform paying the dm role he simply doesn't have the physicall attributes required to play the role. Wenger should of known that denilson was not the answer for the abscence of song, it was evident this was the case last year. Denilson doesn't really offer much besides decent passing and ball retention which is important in the big games I guess.

Anyway

How is the search for our f******* striker going?

Not good enough, bendtner isn't ready for this much responsibility espicially when he is recovering from injury.
I think he is ready mentally but I agree that the recovery from injury could take time, which is risky. Walcott is the one who needs to start performing and get his body right. Bendtner has overtaken him based on recent performances of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this draw can be blamed almost squarely on Denilson and Traore - terrible work in defence from both, just doing the simple stuff, continually let Everton work themselves further and further into the game, and robbed us of momentum.
To paraphrase...

Don't blame it on Denilson
Don't blame it on Arshavin
Don't blame it on Eduardo
Blame it on Traore

He just can't
He just can't
He just can't defend for shit

etc.

To be fair to denilson, it's not his fault he can't perform paying the dm role he simply doesn't have the physicall attributes required to play the role. Wenger should of known that denilson was not the answer for the abscence of song

Considering Denilson was signed as the long term replacement for Gilberto in that role, well before Flamini seized and then whinged off to Milan with the spot, and while Song was still on our books as a prospective Centre Back, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest this is an entirely new thing to Wenger.

I think he is ready mentally but I agree that the recovery from injury could take time, which is risky. Walcott is the one who needs to start performing and get his body right. Bendtner has overtaken him based on recent performances of the two.

****ing Walcott. The young lad's body is already over-stretched from football commitments and his only 20/21. He shouldnt of played for england in the U/21 world cup in the offseason.

As for Bedtner, his not up to carrying the demands as a front line striker across all competitions for arsenal. We also can't expect him to come back in and play well after 2-3 months on the sideline. We need a proven striker not some young and brash kid with potential who thinks his the next dennis bergkamp.

Apparentley we hav signed some 17 yr old bolivian aswell. FFS buy some first team players F***********************. I don't want to see denilson in DM twice agianst bolton, what a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back