Up the Arse! Goons thread. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallas, Lauren, Ljungberg and Eboue all out against Blackburn. Adebayor and Diaby return. From Arsenal.com:

Emmanuel Adebayor returns to the Arsenal squad for this weekend's Premiership trip to Blackburn.

However, the Arsenal manager had bad news about William Gallas' recovery when he spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon.

"Gallas was close to coming back but he had a little setback again," said Wenger. "I don't think we will see Gallas for another two or three weeks.

"Adebayor is back available again but Emmanuel Eboue is still not completely fit for Saturday. We still have Ljungberg out, Gallas out, Eboue out, but everybody else is alright."

I hope you've got a better haircut.

For me I think Rosicky will start to show Hleb up a bit as he gets into his stride (hopefully that Liverpool game will be a breakthrough for him).I just get the feeling that Hleb hasn't got much more to offer whereas so many of our other attacking players seem to have bucketloads of potential.

I still like RvP too, he's doing pretty well on the goals & assists lists, that's what we demand from our forwards, we don't want any of those 20 goals a season but no assists types (Owen, RvN:D ).

How was the pass Hleb found Rosicky with in the first game at Anfield ? Bergkamp like....

How was the pass Hleb found Rosicky with in the first game at Anfield ? Bergkamp like....

If Hleb's the new Bergkamp then Rosicky is the new Pires.

Bloody hell Pires used to score a lot of goals, looking back I'm not quite sure how he managed it but to get so many from the left wing was magical.

They all go about Ryan Giggs but he's not fit to lace Pires' drinks, any fool can dribble down the byline putting crosses in.:D

Loved that game, that was a touch of Old School Arsenal. Friedel kicking the ball at RvP, then picking the ball out of the net, bad luck Bradley. Playing with 10 for the majority of the match and that second goal was un-believable, I thought they were just trying to maintain posession !! Hleb and Rosicky taking the piss later on, beautiful stuff boys .......

I hope it is Diaby, I really do, but it'll be Flamini.

Highlights

Rob Styles is a twat. If he's gonna send Gilberto off then he has to send Savage (C**T!) off as well, Neill was last man so he should have gone, and Friedal should have been booked for kicking a ball into van Persie.

Words cannot describe how much I despise teams like Bolton and Blackburn. They're blights on the game.

Highlights

Rob Styles is a twat. If he's gonna send Gilberto off then he has to send Savage (C**T!) off as well, Neill was last man so he should have gone, and Friedal should have been booked for kicking a ball into van Persie.

Words cannot describe how much I despise teams like Bolton and Blackburn. They're blights on the game.

Bloody ref. Why didnot the other guy get sent off. The guy smacked gilberto and you dotn expect him to react.

How come the keeper didnot copa yellow card also for kicking the ball at van persie after the whistle was blown.

I agree, blackburn and bolton are bloody dirty pricks.

Savage has always been a dirty player. His knee on Gilberto looked pretty bad. Typical game from Thugburn, just happy we went to the North-West and actually won a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henry....WHAT A GOAL.

I went to upton park yesterday and went to the duke in green street post match to have a few pints and watch the aresnal game. The patrons (mostly hammers fans of course) clapped when replays were shown of Henry's goal.

Senderos has been sensational in the games he has played, we should keep him there even when, I mean if, Gallas comes back.
Valencia paid Arsenal 47 million pounds for him in my FM07 game.

He can obviously play. ;)

Seriously though, Gallas HAS to play. He's a better player than Senderos will ever be, same can be said with nearly all defenders so it isn't an insult.

I don't think it's fair to underrate him all of a sudden just as he's been injured.

Whether he replaces Clichy or Senderos would be the better question though.

And Djourou's better than Senderos anyway. Is he injured or something? (I didn't see the game last night, I was still celebrating your double over Liverpool) :thumbsu:

He never seems to.

He isn't the most talented player but always does a serviceable job when called upon.

'serviceable' may be selling him short because he was sensational last season at LB imo, he had one bad game there (against Lennon), when to be honest Arsenal were getting opened up down both flanks that day. Only difference being that Lennon was on the right.

Played well against Liverpool earlier in the season (and scored), did a serviceable job against Chelsea (and scored).

I'd go with him ahead of Diaby purely due to the risk factor. Not sure how Diaby would handle such a big game.

The game is too soon for Diaby to play from the start. Not a huge fan of Flamini's talent (love his work ethic etc), but I think he is suited to the bigger games. In these games we don't have to create the play as much, a draw isn't a bad result etc. We can afford to have him in DM hole against sides that will come at us, hopefully will allow Cesc freedom to be his creativity best (He was able to push forward last night and play a part in the sealer once Flamini came on).

Valencia paid Arsenal 47 million pounds for him in my FM07 game.

He can obviously play. ;)

Seriously though, Gallas HAS to play. He's a better player than Senderos will ever be, same can be said with nearly all defenders so it isn't an insult.

I don't think it's fair to underrate him all of a sudden just as he's been injured.

Whether he replaces Clichy or Senderos would be the better question though.

And Djourou's better than Senderos anyway. Is he injured or something? (I didn't see the game last night, I was still celebrating your double over Liverpool) :thumbsu:

Of course Gallas has to play. We all know he can play anywhere in the defence and seeing that the RB position is the most fragile, he should play there.

Djourou is good as well but not as physically dominating as Senderos which makes the latter more valuable at set pieces where we concede most of our goals.

Of course Gallas has to play. We all know he can play anywhere in the defence and seeing that the RB position is the most fragile, he should play there.

You reckon he should play RB?

Dunno about that, for me he's better at CB but also mistakes at CB cost goals mistakes on the flank aren't in general as costly, he's the best defender, get him in the middle.

Also our fullbacks play an important attacking role & Eboue is pretty nifty getting forward.

Senderos should change his name to "Gun".....cause that is what he is :)
You should change your name to 'Not Funny, Somewhat Pathetic' Because that's what you are. ;) Only joking my good man.

And yes, to all you wannabe comedians out there I do smell the irony in my suggested name change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back