Djourou (groin)
van Persie (thigh)
Diaby (calf)
Denilson (hamstring)
Rosicky (hamstring)
Senderos (knee - major doubt)
Flamini (hamstring - doubt)
Almunia (sick - doubt

Players like Lansbury, Thomas and Simpson may even start. As it stands, we have nobody to partner Cesc in midfield if Senderos is out because Gilberto will play at CB, unless Hoyte does, or if Toure can get back in time.

Lehmann
Sagna - Hoyte - Gallas - Clichy
Walcott - Fabregas - Gilberto - Hleb
Adebayor - Eduardo

This is why we needed signings in January! :mad:

Eboue (international duty)
Song (international duty)
Djourou (groin)
van Persie (thigh)
Diaby (calf)
Denilson (hamstring)
Rosicky (hamstring)
Senderos (knee - major doubt)
Flamini (hamstring - doubt)
Almunia (sick - doubt

Players like Lansbury, Thomas and Simpson may even start. As it stands, we have nobody to partner Cesc in midfield if Senderos is out because Gilberto will play at CB, unless Hoyte does, or if Toure can get back in time.

Lehmann
Sagna - Hoyte - Gallas - Clichy
Walcott - Fabregas - Gilberto - Hleb
Adebayor - Eduardo

This is why we needed signings in January! :mad:
no fear, adebayor will save us

and a brace from eduardo too :eek:

i'm thinking i wanna get my no.9 top (been thinking it for a few months) - any decent gooner gear places in melbourne?

Neither Toure or Eboue played any part in the 3rd place playoff. Toure still might play against Blackburn.

Team News

Arsène Wenger may try to draft in Kolo Toure straight from the African Nations Cup for Monday's night game against Blackburn at Emirates Stadium.

The Arsenal manager admits his side is "down to the bare bones" with 11 players out or doubtful. The roll call is as follows: Emmanuel Eboue, Alex Song (both international duty), Johan Djourou (groin), Philippe Senderos (knee) Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Mathieu Flamini (hamstring), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring). If Toure does figure he is likely to be fatigued from a tough tournament in Ghana. But, with Senderos considered a "major doubt", the manager thinks it will be worth making some calls.

"I don't know," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday. "Ivory Coast play on Saturday afternoon. I have not called him yet but I will try to see if he can take a flight from Accra to London. Otherwise it will be Gilberto, who is back, or Justin Hoyte at centre half.

"Rosicky, van Persie and Djourou are out. Almunia is a doubt. His thumb is OK but he is sick. We'll see tomorrow and Sunday about him.

"On top of that we don’t have Eboue and Song. Also we lost Diaby with a calf problem and we might have lost Flamini with a hamstring. He had to move out from the French national team.

"Philippe Senderos came off injured in midweek with a medial knee ligament and is a major doubt. He has played with it before and we'll see on Monday. I don’t rule him out completely and he is positive about it. Our medical team are a bit less. He wants to test it out over the weekend.

"Diaby, in fairness, picked the injury up at Man City. We sent him on international duty with information explaining that he was injured and they did not play him.

"But overall we are very, very short and it is down to the bare bones."

If Gilberto/Toure are available then the team will be:

------------------Lehmann------------------
---Sagna-----Toure----Gallas-----Clichy-----
------------------Gilberto--------------------
---Walcott-------Fabregas------------Hleb----
----------Adebayor-----------Eduardo--------

Subs: Fabianksi, Traore, Hoyte, Lansbury, Bendtner

Still a strong team. :thumbsu:

Injuries (expected return fixtures):

Senderos - Man Utd (16th Feb - FA Cup)
Flamini - Man Utd (16th Feb - FA Cup)
Almunia - Man Utd (16th Feb - FA Cup)
Djourou - Birmingham (23rd Feb)
Van Persie - Birmingham (23rd Feb)
Denilson - Birmingham (23rd Feb)
Rosicky - Birmingham (23rd Feb)
Diaby - Wigan*/Middlesborough (9th March)

*Wigan (away) league match will be postponed if Arsenal defeat Man Utd and progess to the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Suspensions (5 yellow cards means a one match ban):

Fabregas - 7 yellow cards
Flamini - 5 (suspension already served)
Clichy - 4*
Gallas - 3
Eboue - 3
Hleb - 3
Eduardo - 3
Toure - 2
Sagna - 2
Adebayor - 2
Hleb - 1
Rosicky - 1

*If Clichy picks up a yellow card against Blackburn, he will miss the match against Birmingham on the 23rd February.

Huge result for us with Citeh winning the derby.

Now to do our end of the business and beat blackburn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, you guys are too confident. Considering the circumstances (in terms of the title race), I'd be rapt with a 1-0 win.

Exactly right! I would take a win by any margin tomorrow whatsoever. The vital thing is to just get the three points. I'm not too confident about it though, Blackburn are a good team and will be tough to beat.

Geez, you guys are too confident. Considering the circumstances (in terms of the title race), I'd be rapt with a 1-0 win.

Nothing new to me. I tipped us for the EPL title this year at the start of the season.

win shmin, 1-0 or 4-0, it means the same thing to all gooner fans

4-0 is just the strawberry flavoured ice cream with caramel swirls and liquid chocolate at the bottom.... mmmmmmmmm
and it puts arsenal +2 on goal difference over manure...

Just like me, every other Arsenal fan will just be happy to add another three points onto the lead over Man Utd. Score is not important as long as we win. Don't let us down boyss :thumbsu:

Gilberto expresses unhappiness

By Jonathan Chong on Saturday, February 9, 2008

Midfielder Gilberto has expressed his unhappiness at manager Arsène Wenger's treatment of him.

Gilberto has lost his place in the starting line-up to Mathieu Flamini, but has yet to understand why or been explained to.

Gilberto said: "To this day I'm waiting for an explanation as to this change.

"The truth is I found out about it through the newspapers.

"I thought I had a good season last year and I saw no reason for what has happened.

"If I continue not to play, then leaving Arsenal is inevitable.

"I could not cope with another season like this one when Wenger has made me feel totally useless.

"A player must be able to smile.

"A sad Brazilian is no good, especially on a football pitch.

"Right now I really am struggling to battle on."

IMO, I'd rather last season's Gilberto than this season's Flamini. Bert was immense last season. Many Arsenal fans were nominating him for captain at the start of this season. But he hasn't looked any thing like that in his starts this season unfortunately and Flam may end up being the better player in the long run.

Some more team news, Almunia/Rosicky/Flamini/Senderos/Diaby are all doubtful but are not totally ruled out. Gilberto will play while it is highly unlikely that Toure will. Blackburn will miss Samba, Dunn, Pedersen with Nelsen/Ooijer also doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back