Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 30 mins was utter Everton domination. Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and Giroud were all awful.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that we took the lead so late in the game but we unusually looked so panicky defending it. No surprise that we let it slip.

There is no way we deserved to win that. Which is why I'm very annoyed we didn't.

Ba_3_o9IIAAUJCJ.jpg:large

A fair result this morning. Everton were good for the draw. Though the goal we conceded could have been defended better by Gibbs and Rosicky. Girouds 93rd minute thunder bolt would have brought the house down if it had crept in.

Nevertheless we are 5 points clear on top with a huge game against Man City. Will definitely be setting the alarm for this one.

Was very impressed with Everton's first half in particular. A very good football team.

Nice scenes with Arteta and their fans after the game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Jagielka catch Giroud as he went to shoot just before Ozil scored?

We were sloppy with our passing last night, lots of misplaced and mistimed passes.
Lukaku should of used his right foot and he might have caused a few problems, instead he kept coming inside on his favoured left and Kos and Mert dealt with him superbly. A really strong defensive partnership between those 2.

Gibbs needed to be challenge Deulofeu, he had Rosicky who could cover him but his stance was almost like he was trying to block a cross from wide right. I find he doesn't normally block them well and seems to turn his body in a way that opens up space. That said, it was a really good strike from Deulofeu and Gibbs' offensive ability opened up some opportunities for us. His pace was required to counter Coleman and Mirallas but I wonder if, when both Monreal and Gibbs are on the field, whether we should try to let Gibbs play that more advanced role that Monreal is taking when he has been brought on.

Anyway a good game that probably deserved a draw on the balance of play.

I actually meant in the league.

Come to think of it he's not far off the best in the world.

Severely underrated player is Lolo.

Right up there, particularly this year. Gave away a couple of own goals in the last couple of seasons, but has been rock solid with Mertesacker this season.

Has probably been as good as anyone in the world in that central defensive role this season, along with Mats Hummels and Sergio Ramos (when he's not being a flog and receiving red cards) and has performed better than any Premier League central defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back