Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just heard this. We've always had one of the weaker songs in the comp but I love it because I grew up with it and the intro always gives me goosebumps.

I love this rework. It's not perfect by any means but it keeps the chorus, gives the song a little depth, encompasses the history while looking to the future. And it doesn't hurt being sung by Ian Kenny.

Last edited:
I don't mind the lyrics /intro
It's the vocals and the beat which are getting to me :( (and I put that down to the /listening from the phone factor initially, but now having listened from my computer, no, it's the song itself)
Wasted an opportunity to #returnthesong too

I've given it a few listens now and its not as bad as my first impression, still want Pond to do something but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s got all the ingredients for a good song.
Birds of Tokyo
great lyrics
pays homage to the past

And yet somehow it feels more like a top 100 hit than a football club song

Agree with this.

This is a song that may sound ok now but will age and be out of style quickly.

We need an anthem, not a song. This is just a song.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow. Just read a lot more of the the thread. Most of you really don't like it?

Disclaimer- I am 43. Maybe my taste isn't the same as popular opinion.
Its ok as a song in isolation but not really a football song that you can cheer on at the ground. The singers voice isnt ideal for football IMO

Keep giving it a go intermittently throughout the day.

Have played the chorus side by side with the existing chorus - this new one sounds better on the recording. It’s also no slower. I’ve sped up the old one in my mind, but on the actual recording the choruses are about the same speed. So that’s a tick, grown on me in that respect.

Points about the intro being too slow post win are valid. I hope they have a second version to hit after we win that starts at the chorus.

Not the train wreck I first thought but prevailing thought remains - decent song, bad anthem.

I... I don't like it.

The melody on "kings of the big game" sounds all wrong.

That threw me at first but it seems they've done it the same rhythm as the "We're the Eagles, West Coast Eagles" part is sung. Interestingly, I never imagined it would work that way but it seems to. Listened to it a few times and it's not too bad. Just different to what we're used to. Infinitely better than the last version (which was slightly improved by ditching the cringey start, but was still lazy AF).

Our original song was so bad it was good and this feels like a modernisation of it. We're not gonna get the traditional men's choir anthem that most clubs have, so just embrace it and continue doing what we do, champs. I can live with it.

Points about the intro being too slow post win are valid. I hope they have a second version to hit after we win that starts at the chorus

I’m hoping for a WWE style ‘victory edit’ where they just can the intro. If they start it at ‘we’re the eagles’ that would make it work much better.

Could even start with ‘we’re the eagles’ and then circle back to the born is pride chant and play the song from there, a bit like the way they changed Edge’s theme from the original recording.

Here's an experiment that one of you legends on here with the right skills can do -

1. Take the footage of the final siren going in our 92 premiership and overlay the OG song onto the video.
2. Take the footage of the final siren going in our 06premiership and overlay the second iteration of our song onto the video.
3. Take the footage of the final siren going in our 2018 premiership and overlay the latest song onto the video.

Post all 3 videos side by side and see what works best as a victory song.

I'm sure I could easily figure out how to do the above but I don't have time right now.

Gave it a second listen and it had already dated badly between the first and second listens.

It is naff. It sounds like a song created under corporate guidelines to please both children and the elderly, whilst not offending anyone in between. Yet somehow, I feel offended by the inoffensiveness of it.

I do love the indigenous opening and it would have been good to carry that through the whole song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Club Song

Back