Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Wog,I dont think the new PRES even broke into a sweat getting to the bar after the 2,s played so I cant see any reason why he would bother wearing a headband,maybe its so the crowd can pick him out on the ground when they are wondering who that player is with the silky skills and lightening pace.Had a pleasent xmas drink with a bloke from Jindera,oh my,Castles to Yak,big $$$s,and three brothers wanting to head in the same direction,only one problem,the three are all signed for next year at Jindera and with thier retirees they are required players.B/W are due to begin training in the next 2 weeks,my source of information has dried up abit so I cant give much out other than that Todd Nelson has not made a decision but the rumour mill has him staying,which means Adam and Kiel Hunt will stay,Willo,I dont know if he is even in Albury/Wod. Have a good holiday and keep the news going.

HOT OFF THE PRESS WILLO IS ALIVE AND WELL, HE IS RUMOURED TO HAVE SIGNED WITH RAND/WALBUNDERIE BIG LOSS IF ITS TRUE.BUGGER

Hutchy the word over xmas lunch today was Tyrell had trained with tallangatta but wasnt going to play there and on jarvis they are still pretty sure he would be staying at cudgy, seems like a dumb move if josh was going to leave a club so close to winning a flag to a club that will probley be down the ladder again this year. Cudgys losses so far only seem to be cade bakes not heading back up the hills and some say eddy is still 50/50 on what he is doing next year, and they could have a couple of good signings to come just gotta get the guy i get my goss off drunk enough for him to spill the beans, also bullioh are belived to be paying good money to a bloke who played 2nds footy for tallangatta last year... wonder if he was saving his talent till he got to the umfl, and on top of that they even gave billy deery a call bout replacing nichol... pretty sure they could offer half a mill and he would say thanks but no thanks. Tiger is ur new president planning on wearing his pretty little headband next year while he does his president work on a thursday night??????? maybe he could get the whole club wearing them on gameday.

Superwog, I was talking to Bakesy the other day and he informed me that he was 50/50 on going back to Cudgy next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for the blue boys again.

Hi Putney,a question? Is Jeff Jackson still associated with the London Hawks?He was a very handy footballer,unlike he,s two brothers,Mark who thought he was and Peter who didnt think anything unless it wore a dress.Hope the weather is treating you well over there,its just a mild 32 here in Albury on xmas day,dont get frostbite,all the best for xmas and new year.:) :footy:

No worries mate... yeah pretty wet and cold over here at the moment... watching the Aussies in the cricket makes things feel a little bit warmer... The Hawks team over here is called the Wimbledon Hawks... I have been around the Putney Magpies for the past 5/6 years and I havent heard of Jeff Jackson or his brothers... sorry champ

Superwog, I was talking to Bakesy the other day and he informed me that he was 50/50 on going back to Cudgy next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for the blue boys again.
Dunno whether Bakes will be staying at Cudgy but word is a Piltz from Jindera (Ricky or Jamie?) has signed on with Cudgy for 2012. If it's either of those boys they'll have the toughest midfield in the comp.

rumours that the Brock connection is hitting the umfl with lodding,Northam,Ross,Myles, and golley joining rat and brad Tyrrell at feds

I will assume since the Swans are getting linked to some average and reserves players at best (unless that is really rat from Tumba) then I would take it two ways. One they are going to struggle or two, and my opinion, they have signed some good players and are keeping it quiet until clearance time. Lodding and Northam potentially playing for the swans would make for a fiery game when they play the Demons. Still think even if Lodding played seniors they'd beat Corry. Looks like the top and bottom three so far are starting to already take shape, and hopefully Cudge or Tumba can knock off Bullioh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will assume since the Swans are getting linked to some average and reserves players at best (unless that is really rat from Tumba) then I would take it two ways. One they are going to struggle or two, and my opinion, they have signed some good players and are keeping it quiet until clearance time. Lodding and Northam potentially playing for the swans would make for a fiery game when they play the Demons. Still think even if Lodding played seniors they'd beat Corry. Looks like the top and bottom three so far are starting to already take shape, and hopefully Cudge or Tumba can knock off Bullioh.
Can't think of any reason those boys would be crossing to Feds unless they were still wanting to play in the Upper Murray. Why the club hasn't at least asked them back is beyond me as Jack was one of our better senior players and Brad was a great help to the kids in the 2's. They'd be better off running in our colours than in that aweful white and red.:mad: If Rat has signed with them thats one more than we have recruited and that bugger runs all day. Hopefully we'll hear some good news from the recruiting committee soon or were in for yet another long year.:thumbsdown:

Interesting reading the old thread about Tallangatta's coach helping up at Corryong. Don't you mean coaching Feds?:confused::confused::confused:

Corryong are going to need all the help they can get to get back on top and be competitive again, which will be better for the league too if they are a better side 2012..:thumbsu:

Sorry to hear bout eddy not hanging round next year:(:( as i think he still has a bit to offer senior footy, but if he wants to play hume league 2nds good luck to him, guess the travel up to cudgy would be a factor,and he is nearly pushing 60:p:p:p Who is likely to get the job at b.b always interesting knowing who is coaching who in other leagues. Will be interesting who went up to cudgy this year stays and who billy can get up there next year reckon he may get a couple of good ones, best move coaching wise the blues have made in 10 years. Well done to k.P on his job at feds last two years getting the club to a g.f and p.f does anyone no if he is heading back to mitta

If Big N.Frazer and B.Mcevoy are leaving Mitta and heading to Feds i cant see K.P going back to Mitta, As G Eddy he is staying at Cudgy and with Billy 2nd year around he will for sure have some handy recruits, Its only early and alot of Bull rolls this time off the year so time will tell boys..

If Big N.Frazer and B.Mcevoy are leaving Mitta and heading to Feds i cant see K.P going back to Mitta, As G Eddy he is staying at Cudgy and with Billy 2nd year around he will for sure have some handy recruits, Its only early and alot of Bull rolls this time off the year so time will tell boys..
Could be big ins for feds if its true along with rat, maybe we shouldn't right them off just yet. Any other recruiting news floating round

Corryong have got a players few from Swan hill way but these boys are probs for their 2nds dream team,, Whats your thoughts on blokes stacking the 2s trying to win a preimership and not playing 1s not good from a clubs point of view i believe..!!

Corryong have got a players few from Swan hill way but these boys are probs for their 2nds dream team,, Whats your thoughts on blokes stacking the 2s trying to win a preimership and not playing 1s not good from a clubs point of view i believe..!!

2011 was last year, stop trying to stir sh*t up. All that needs to be remembered is that Bullioh won the seniors and ressies flag and that Corryong no matter who it put in its senior side, would have got beaten every week. So they had a good reserves team and a rubbish senior team, still didnt win the flag though did they. In 2012 they have a different coach in the reserves and they started pre season back in November, so one would think they are going down a different path from last year. I also can guarantee you they have no one from Swan Hill way whatsoever, so yet again check ya facts. I believe you should wait until the clearances are lodged and round 1 comes about before you cast your points of view about reserves stacking etc.

Ive seen this stacking type of thing happen heaps over the years in all different leagues and most times it back fires on the clubs, I personally don't like it.
As for boys from Swan hill way it was a Corryong player that told me this news and like always people talking sh@t this time of year, he also reckons some one from WA too has been recruited.
I really don't give to hoots as what's spoken about on here as majority of what i have read is a load of sh@t, So pipe down Homebake and get back in ya box..!!!

You really hit a nerve blues2012! Anyone hearin anythin out of Bullioh? Heard from a good source that Jarvis was headin to Tallangatta but pulled the pin after 1 trainin run. Surely if the blues had some decent recruits we would be hearin something on here. Not hearin much from Corrryong. Feds supposedly have signed the guys mentioned and could have another very good player in the pipeline. And seconds teams loading up with senior players just sounds like in house politics to me.

You really hit a nerve blues2012! Anyone hearin anythin out of Bullioh? Heard from a good source that Jarvis was headin to Tallangatta but pulled the pin after 1 trainin run. Surely if the blues had some decent recruits we would be hearin something on here. Not hearin much from Corrryong. Feds supposedly have signed the guys mentioned and could have another very good player in the pipeline. And seconds teams loading up with senior players just sounds like in house politics to me.

heard a few whispers from the dog pound this week, i heard gibbsy went on a rampage and put tomato sauce all over the boys and ate 4 of them untill he realised they were people and not hot dogs also half of bullioh are teaming up with the netball team to join biggest losers couples.. like i said these are just whispers and i may of heard wrong:thumbsu:

Blues2012, I had the exact same view you did last year when they came to Cudgy and beat us in the reserves but we absolutely smashed them in the seniors (from memory Kingy kicked about 5 goals in the last quarter) but looking through there list, apart from maybe 2 or 3 players such as O'Neill, Ward and Saunders, I couldnt see any of them making any difference at all. I Know that all the players who left Cudgy were reserves players, and that was half of there reserves team for 2011. If Evan played reserves though then that'd be stacking hahaha. With the Swan Hill connection I think you will find that Mckenzie was originally from out that way, and he might have got a few to the club who were from there but are now based in Albury?

Interesting article in the paper today on B/W saying that finishing outside the top 4 is not an option. Hopefully what they say is true and they havent lost anyone?

On Jarivs- why would you leave a Grand final side for a TDFL potential wooden spooner? I dont blame him for not going there.

Blues2012, I had the exact same view you did last year when they came to Cudgy and beat us in the reserves but we absolutely smashed them in the seniors (from memory Kingy kicked about 5 goals in the last quarter) but looking through there list, apart from maybe 2 or 3 players such as O'Neill, Ward and Saunders, I couldnt see any of them making any difference at all. I Know that all the players who left Cudgy were reserves players, and that was half of there reserves team for 2011. If Evan played reserves though then that'd be stacking hahaha. With the Swan Hill connection I think you will find that Mckenzie was originally from out that way, and he might have got a few to the club who were from there but are now based in Albury?

Interesting article in the paper today on B/W saying that finishing outside the top 4 is not an option. Hopefully what they say is true and they havent lost anyone?

On Jarivs- why would you leave a Grand final side for a TDFL potential wooden spooner? I dont blame him for not going there.
If Border/Walwa Saints think they can go very far into finals action they'd have to be kidding themselves i'd think. Last i remember the Wodonga Saints had won 1 game in the last 3 years and the only recruit from there to make an impact was Butters, I'm tipping them to miss the finals. Sorry MP but i didnt know the 2's comp had so much depth but did Corryong 2's even win a final last year? I dont think anyone from their so called 'stacked' 2's side would of made a difference to getting them a couple of wins last year. Theyre in sore need of top shelf talent and as we all know only $$$ can buy that and it usually stops at the Tallangatta Valley turn off.:p

If Cudgy are recruiting these other Hume league blokes i'm tipping them for premiers only on the proviso that they can sign at least one key position player as height was their only problem last year. My early ladder for this year will be:
Cudgy
Bullioh
Feds
Tumba
B/W Saints
Corryong

What's the theory behind u tipping Walwa to finish second last? Rumour has it that Kiel Hunt is returning to the club, Tim Hayes is returning from injury, Todd Nelson, Ryan Jenkins, Adam Hunt, Kade Butters & the majority of their playing list have re-signed. Two or three blokes that had last year off have also committed. Got a feeling u will b awfully surprised come seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back