Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you give Sinner any chance? He is one guy who I am just not sure about. Has a big reputation and some nice wins but I watch him and struggle to see how he will consistently trouble the top guys.

Would need to serve a lot better it was awful today no two ways about it. Honestly doubt it.

Would need to serve a lot better it was awful today no two ways about it. Honestly doubt it.

Yeah, I struggle with him. I know he is young but he just seems the sort of guy who will get to the 4th round/quarters of a heap of slams and then get beaten up.

Neither Sinner nor Alcaraz will have played that many five-setters so will be interesting if both of them have to back up from playing one (if Cilic can force the current match to five).

Yeah, I struggle with him. I know he is young but he just seems the sort of guy who will get to the 4th round/quarters of a heap of slams and then get beaten up.

Solid reminds me a lot of David Ferrer/David Nalbandian he’s not bad just not sure he has that but extra to win slams. Seems to be a perennial QF type player.

Neither Sinner nor Alcaraz will have played that many five-setters so will be interesting if both of them have to back up from playing one (if Cilic can force the current match to five).
Then again it is a scientific fact that Spaniards don't get physically tired

Respect to old Marin, really bringing it on the clutch points. Match going way after 2am in New York.
nick-kyrgios-shrug.gif

Respect to old Marin, really bringing it on the clutch points. Match going way after 2am in New York.

Cilic always plays well in the US. Looked at this match and couldn’t believe how short Alcatraz was this was a real danger game

Alcatraz in the box seat now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So - we will have a virgin Grand Slam champion this year.

Be happy for any of them to win really except Ruud (don't think he deserves to be world #1) Rublev (not talented enough to be a slam champ) & Khachanov (same).

Pick your semi-finalists:

Kyrgios v Khachanov
Berretini v Ruud
-
Sinner v Alcaraz
Tiafoe
v Rublev

Last edited:
Plus he’s only been good in half the slams (US and French)
I dont think he has ever lost in the first round of a slam. He is good on all surfaces. Grass takes some adapting but Todd said on the telecast that he expects him to be a a very good grass court player as he has all the shots needed for that surface already. Just needs to learn and play more.

Nick
Berretini

Sinner
Tiafoe

Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back