Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

I was very pleased with Zane’s goals today. A sublime dribbler and, I think, our best coordinated forward move for the year with Zurhaar and Larkey providing, what turned out to be, dummy leads to the left and right, taking heaps of defenders with them, allowing Zane to lead straight up for a nice mark and goal. More of that please.

Personally I don’t think we have improved dramatically since then bye. Harry LDU and X have been superb around the ball making us more competitive for periods. We still concede 15-16 goals every week. We still butcher chain after chain of easy forward entries. At the same time if people want to be optimistic at the current form it seems silly to argue with one another. Hopefully we are more competitive with the tigers and eagles in the coming weeks.
Our defensive game has improved significantly. Tackle counts, pressure ratings, etc. that’s what’s pulled us back into games.

C’mon Paddy. Stephens is a Cat scared of his own Moon Shadow. His kicking ain’t that great either. A terrible recruit. :stern look
A 2 year deal, 3 in a pinch i could sccept but 5!

Polec, ccj, biggy, what's the deal eith us giving other clubs rejects long deals? Durdan and mason wood who we delisted were better than these chumps.

No point in freeing up spots if we gonne fill em with rubbish picks.

For all the own goals we concede on-field, we are also making a habit of them off-field. How you end up not doing anything with Tom Stewart after a week of planning is bordering on complete negligence.

Who would have been a like for like in him?

Not many

So Plan B should have been strategically working around him.

But we are not at that level of poise or composure or maturity to think through what is required in the heat of battle

The overlapping handball worked in patches around him.

A work in progress

I do remember many years being plonked in the seats behind the goals at Docklands and looking directly into the sun

I was struck how difficult it was to pick out players up the field and where the next kick should go with the layers of zone defence the Dogs were implementing

Yes they are paid and trained to figure it out but I think the view from above where the tv cameras are set, give us the impression that it’s straight forward when in fact it’s a challenge to implement ball movement strategy by foot or hand

Who would have been a like for like in him?

Not many

So Plan B should have been strategically working around him.

But we are not at that level of poise or composure or maturity to think through what is required in the heat of battle

The overlapping handball worked in patches around him.

A work in progress

I do remember many years being plonked in the seats behind the goals at Docklands and looking directly into the sun

I was struck how difficult it was to pick out players up the field and where the next kick should go with the layers of zone defence the Dogs were implementing

Yes they are paid and trained to figure it out but I think the view from above where the tv cameras are set, give us the impression that it’s straight forward when in fact it’s a challenge to implement ball movement strategy by foot or hand
Don’t think a like for like is needed. He’s been tagged successfully by a diverse range of types this year. Could have easily just been Shiel, Phillips, McDonald.

Don’t think a like for like is needed. He’s been tagged successfully by a diverse range of types this year. Could have easily just been Shiel, Phillips, McDonald.

Thats right. We had no one.

Another plan was required and we don’t have that ability

That was my point

We made Carlton desperately try to keep McKay and TDK on the ground because we were all over them.

Geelong had to bring Stewart as an extra number to stoppages and contests because we were killing them.

We're building but we don't know how to overcome teams that completely throw all their big bodies into the mix.

Our kicking inside 50 is the worst in the comp. That's your game.
Kicking inside 50 lost us that game - with so much control from clearances but we kept turning it over.
Think our forwards have to wear as much of the blame as the kickers.
Forwards need a blasting - play in front ffs

And how many brain fades did we make to gift them goals.

If you can’t see the improvement overall - football isn’t for you

Did you read anything else or just that?

Play on
I’d rather try and get Plan A right before trying to cure world hunger. My point is that it was a relatively easy fix which wasn’t addressed, that’s on the head coach and isn’t the first time he’s made the same type of decision this year.

We ask our players to just do the basics well, Clarko should do the same.

I’d rather try and get Plan A right before trying to cure world hunger. My point is that it was a relatively easy fix which wasn’t addressed, that’s on the head coach and isn’t the first time he’s made the same type of decision this year.

We ask our players to just do the basics well, Clarko should do the same.

Ok we will agree to disagree

Polec, ccj, biggy, what's the deal eith us giving other clubs rejects long deals? Durdan and mason wood who we delisted were better than these chumps.

Can you apply for job of list manager?

Yes that Hub experience is crying out for a Book on what the hell happened up there in 2020!

Since Rd 1

Xerri
Chom
Archer
Sheez
McK
George
LDU

Have all had solid years

The one that I can’t get over is Archer

I thought he was a dud when he debuted

But he is rapidly becoming my fave player in that Backline

Well here you go. Rick agrees. Misses LDU though

IMG_7583.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we got within 10 points our pressure factor had lifted substantially.

We've shown that we can respond but if we don't take our chances, there won't be enough petrol tickets left when the opposition responds.

Momentum never stays with one team and when your time comes, you put the nail in the coffin.

Well I still think we shown huge improvement since the bye. And I'm not easily impressed.
And each to their own of course.

1. Hansen 4 games
2.Duursma 11 games
3.Teakle 13 games
4.Archer 19 games
5.Wardlaw 24 games
6.Comben 25 games
7.Phillip 40 games
8. Sheezel 42

1. Xerri 52 games
2. Curtis 55 games
3. Stephen 56 games
4. Powell 64 games.

Now not for a minute am I suggesting all the above will make it, but sheesh, maybe we should lower our expectations.

Our current senior core

1. Logue 81 games
2. Scott 97
3. LDU 104 games
4. Zurhaar 106 games
5. Larkey 113 games
6. Stephenson 121 games
7. Simpkin 148 games
8. Corr 158 games
9. McDonald 199 games
10. Shiels 3,000,000 games

From the senior core yesterday, I'm ok with keeping 6/10 or max 7/10

Geelong yesterday, and come round one next season,

Blews 32
Duncan 33
Stewart 32
Cameron 33
Dangerfield 35
Rohan 33
Biclavs 34
Colin Jazknee 32

Under 50 games

Managan
Dempsey
Neale
Humphries

I really think we need to reconsider what we should be achieving currently.

And that is all :)

They should have a stat called "Dumb Shit." We'd be on world record pace.

We smashed the season record for "Dumb Shit That Gifts Opposition Goals" about a month ago.
With a slight twist to the stat name we could have Paul Kelly supply the accompanying song for the segment

With a slight twist to the stat name we could have Paul Kelly supply the accompanying song for the segment

If Aiden Corr hasn't got that Paul Kelly song as the one that gets played after he's kicked a goal, then he's really not fair dinkum.

Well I still think we shown huge improvement since the bye. And I'm not easily impressed.
And each to their own of course.

1. Hansen 4 games
2.Duursma 11 games
3.Teakle 13 games
4.Archer 19 games
5.Wardlaw 24 games
6.Comben 25 games
7.Phillip 40 games
8. Sheezel 42

1. Xerri 52 games
2. Curtis 55 games
3. Stephen 56 games
4. Powell 64 games.

Now not for a minute am I suggesting all the above will make it, but sheesh, maybe we should lower our expectations.

Our current senior core

1. Logue 81 games
2. Scott 97
3. LDU 104 games
4. Zurhaar 106 games
5. Larkey 113 games
6. Stephenson 121 games
7. Simpkin 148 games
8. Corr 158 games
9. McDonald 199 games
10. Shiels 3,000,000 games

From the senior core yesterday, I'm ok with keeping 6/10 or max 7/10

Geelong yesterday, and come round one next season,

Blews 32
Duncan 33
Stewart 32
Cameron 33
Dangerfield 35
Rohan 33
Biclavs 34
Colin Jazknee 32

Under 50 games

Managan
Dempsey
Neale
Humphries

I really think we need to reconsider what we should be achieving currently.

And that is all :)

Their like Lemmings TAO, running over that cliff, but seem to breed at an amazing pace, coz there's more fecking Lemmings next year !

Is anyone able to explain why we didn't sit anyone on Stewart?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone said yesterday we should have kicked it to him, and that would have ensured he got nowhere near it.

The George Costanza playbook.

Last edited:
Need to replace the dumb/unskilled footballers before we see big progress.

Turn these guys over with blokes who make good decisions and can kick a football, and results will start to go our way.

From yesterday

Aidan Corr
Jaidyn Stephenson
Luke Mcdonald
Bailey Scott
Dylan Stephens
Liam Shiels
Darcy Tucker
Jy Simpkin

And around 4-6 guys that didn’t play.

These guys consistently make momentum killing errors or aren’t good enough to play in a finals side. Only player that could potentially play a role in that list is Simpkin.

If we can upgrade these guys over the next couple years, we will win games of football.

The core of our premiership team is there, just need the right pieces around them.

Last edited:
We must be the worst side at converting opposition turnovers to goals for us - we make it look tremendously difficult.
Down right abysmal at this.

We fail miserably at defending turnover and fail miserably at forcing and punishing turnover as a general rule.

That’s the game done and dusted.

And the wishing away of brain dead **** ups simply isn’t going to happen. The same players, do the same dumb things every week.

It’s insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back