VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first loss, while a flogging, wasn't quite 140 points. There are two teams below us a game clear OVL, and a number of teams last week had their pants pulled down. Yet we don't hear of them from anyone do we?

Let's reassess half way and I'll see if I subscribe to your theory as really, nothing is safe to predict at the moment in D1!

I will give you a prediction that is 100% certain. Hampton, OGS, Prahran, Oakleigh will all play finals this year. Lock it in. It's a Monkeyboy special.

What about Steve Corcoran? 1 best on and 2 2nd bests.

Are the boys organising a bus to Mentone this week?

Anyone got any news on how Shaun Payze is travelling? Must be due for a big bag soon.

I hear that Biggs or Thompson will get him, Thompson at full back has been really good, shutting down forwards. Biggs shut Carr out of the game, then set up three goals to win the game late against hampton..

Corcoran stands no chance with these two. both young, quick, strong and smart.

Well no matter what happens, it will be a great game. I wish i could make it down there as it is clearly the game of the round.

Clearly any game in which I play in is considered game of the round.

If the coach plays me in defence again this week, there is a chance I will leave the club - OEG have lifted their offer to 8 jager bombs a week plus a door list at One Bar and Lounge.

I am a goal kicking superstar and letting me chase kicks in defence will not win games for OG.

The first loss, while a flogging, wasn't quite 140 points. There are two teams below us a game clear OVL, and a number of teams last week had their pants pulled down. Yet we don't hear of them from anyone do we?

Let's reassess half way and I'll see if I subscribe to your theory as really, nothing is safe to predict at the moment in D1!
Whats the deal with the fightback club?

Whats the deal with the fightback club?

An initiative taken by a former player involving targeting all past players, supporters and members to join up and support the club in its time of need. A member basically pays a fee (like any membership) and they receive a number or things (memorabilia, subsidised costs to social events etc) as well as a fightback number which enters them into a weekly $100 raffle Thursdays after training that jackpots every week if the winning number isn't in attendance.

It's a great initiaitve and is more about sentiment than what is included. Already has brought back a number of older blokes back to the club and given the Raiders much needed support, as well as a few $$ for the club :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

An initiative taken by a former player involving targeting all past players, supporters and members to join up and support the club in its time of need. A member basically pays a fee (like any membership) and they receive a number or things (memorabilia, subsidised costs to social events etc) as well as a fightback number which enters them into a weekly $100 raffle Thursdays after training that jackpots every week if the winning number isn't in attendance.

It's a great initiaitve and is more about sentiment than what is included. Already has brought back a number of older blokes back to the club and given the Raiders much needed support, as well as a few $$ for the club :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

And all at Bigfooty wish them all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how BT bounce back after last weeks thumping fromprahan, BT butts would still be caining after that embarassment, word is that they still have a few injuries and are not playing their best side. Injuries: Millar (ankle) , Azer??? 19s on seniors
long term: Poci (shoulder)
The Duck?? sorry dont know his name!!(hand)

The question on everyones lips at bt??? who will be the savior??
Who is capable? many are saying their captain may hold the key, voglis , millar, the stav man or tosafidies. Also M voglis looks like making a big impression sooner rather than later... Lift Billy.... grow spiz... keep on your top waters....COME BACK CHIVSY.....
others making their presence felt are former under 19s ramattaaaaaa gun!!!!
when will the duck be back?? ive heard hes looking well but is it worth all the hype theres been alot from around the club... looking forward to see him play...can someone get him name as well.... Illingworth??? where is he? won the grandfinal for bt under 19s last year//havent seen him yet this year an absolute star from what we saw in the granny. would be a waste to see him sit in the 19s all season especially when bt need someone like him right now???? word is he burnt his leg on the sun whilst going for a mark

First post of the year, haven't been following things that closely but a few observations from afar. It would be interesting to hear others thoughts who have perhaps been more intimately involved.

Interesting start to the year:

Oakleigh appear more than capable of doing a Rupo and flying through the grade. The decisive margins of their victories suggest a team with a truckload of ability and plenty of teamwork. Could be a team on the rise.

Hampton have taken the drop back seriously and have put up some impressive performances, with the loss to a much improved Old Mentonians the only blip.

OM's themselves appear to have improved, but not sure whether it's from recruiting, new coach or otherwise. Using them as the barmoeter, it raises the question as to where the standard will be at, although new coach, Under 19's etc.

Prahran have started well and hit their straps against BT last week. Some high quality inclusions to a retained list should see them around the mark.

OG's are the conundrum, with a pumping from Bulleen sandwiched by two impressive victories. We will get a greater indication this week, although one would expect them to be in the mix and keen to atone for last years straight setter.

Yarra do not appear to have lost a heap, although the exodus of Robbie Drew will leave a big hole as he was close to the best player in the comp last year. Only saw him twice and he was almost personally responsible for one win and close to BOG in the other. Only one competitive effort in three hitouts doesn't augur well, but they do have a tendency to bounce back.

BT have been up and down like the proverbial honeymooners, but with the quality older brigade and some exciting younger players you'd think a resurgence is not far away. Should be 2-1 and the abheraton against Prahran might prove to be just that.

Therry are interesting. Fell away massively last year, don't appear to have added to their list and could go one way or the other but three losses to start the year will be worrying. Point is they have some great talent with Bannister up forward and not a side I'd be writing off.

Peninsula have been pretty competitive thus far as well as pulling off a great comeback victory over BT, so one would think that they will push hard to stay up a grade after the diappointment of 04 when they won their first four I think only to end up relegated. May have improved enough to achieve that aim.

Old Paradians, I know little about them but the hype that they would battle appears to be ringing true although it's early doors. Obviously the win against Therry wreaked of character and perhaps this is what can be expected littered with some big losses due to the inconsistency of youth!

WHats the deal with Porty from OP's? He not playin anymore?

Urple, who do you play for, if you are playing this year?
Unfortunately Im not playing footy this year due to work commitments.. So I am just watching different leagues and players this year.

First post of the year, haven't been following things that closely but a few observations from afar. It would be interesting to hear others thoughts who have perhaps been more intimately involved.

Interesting start to the year:

Oakleigh appear more than capable of doing a Rupo and flying through the grade. The decisive margins of their victories suggest a team with a truckload of ability and plenty of teamwork. Could be a team on the rise.

Hampton have taken the drop back seriously and have put up some impressive performances, with the loss to a much improved Old Mentonians the only blip.

OM's themselves appear to have improved, but not sure whether it's from recruiting, new coach or otherwise. Using them as the barmoeter, it raises the question as to where the standard will be at, although new coach, Under 19's etc.

Prahran have started well and hit their straps against BT last week. Some high quality inclusions to a retained list should see them around the mark.

OG's are the conundrum, with a pumping from Bulleen sandwiched by two impressive victories. We will get a greater indication this week, although one would expect them to be in the mix and keen to atone for last years straight setter.

Yarra do not appear to have lost a heap, although the exodus of Robbie Drew will leave a big hole as he was close to the best player in the comp last year. Only saw him twice and he was almost personally responsible for one win and close to BOG in the other. Only one competitive effort in three hitouts doesn't augur well, but they do have a tendency to bounce back.

BT have been up and down like the proverbial honeymooners, but with the quality older brigade and some exciting younger players you'd think a resurgence is not far away. Should be 2-1 and the abheraton against Prahran might prove to be just that.

Therry are interesting. Fell away massively last year, don't appear to have added to their list and could go one way or the other but three losses to start the year will be worrying. Point is they have some great talent with Bannister up forward and not a side I'd be writing off.

Peninsula have been pretty competitive thus far as well as pulling off a great comeback victory over BT, so one would think that they will push hard to stay up a grade after the diappointment of 04 when they won their first four I think only to end up relegated. May have improved enough to achieve that aim.

Old Paradians, I know little about them but the hype that they would battle appears to be ringing true although it's early doors. Obviously the win against Therry wreaked of character and perhaps this is what can be expected littered with some big losses due to the inconsistency of youth!

Good post but cant make too many conclusions after 3 weeks. OGS and Hampton Rovers still the teams to beat despite early hiccups. Also doesn't appear much depth unlike previous seasons in D1 ...

Good post but cant make too many conclusions after 3 weeks. OGS and Hampton Rovers still the teams to beat despite early hiccups. Also doesn't appear much depth unlike previous seasons in D1 ...

Talking your own boys down - come on, a little too obvious there Krusher. The oaks are off to a flyer, improved list and maybe a lack of depth in the competition as you suggested. Might be a year where it's ripe for the picking for a club on the rise like yours.

Looking straight through you - I'd suggest your boys not withstanding a poor performance this week would be close to favorites in my book mate.

We will all know more at 5pm this Saturday

Turn it up Derm, you haven't even seen the other sides yet mate. And the Two Blues did only just get over the line against Yarra and Mentone. It's a long season.

Plenty of rain around at the moment could make for our first wet weather game of the year.....any thoughts on whether this will tighten up a few games or favour any particular sides?

My tips for this week:

OGs by 5 points
Therry by 30 points
OPs by 10 point
Prahran by plenty
Hamton in a close one, 6 points.

Plenty of rain around at the moment could make for our first wet weather game of the year.....any thoughts on whether this will tighten up a few games or favour any particular sides?

My tips for this week:

OGs by 5 points
Therry by 30 points
OPs by 10 point
Prahran by plenty
Hamton in a close one, 6 points.

Just want to wish all at Parade all the best for the weekend and let's hope they can bounce back.

Heard a whisper that Stella not that happy playing twos at Mitcham and may head back to BT...:cool:

Chivers not happy with 20 goals floggings each week either...$$ the only thing keeping him in the bush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back