VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to show those toffees from hampton their worst nightmare!
We're Parade, We're Proud, We're Passionate and We're Prepared!
Prepare for the Best from Bundoora!
I think we will be waiting many years before we see the best from Parade..

I heard a rumour that Prahan may struggle in the next few games with players jetting overseas and a tall down after a sickening injury. Will the Wheels fall off? Or will they challenge the right for promotion?

Thought I'd pose a question to out loyal bigfooty member. Who do you think would in the D1 team of the year? assuming at least one from each team? Im sure therry,YV and Parade would have one or two that would make it in their own right?

UM,

The competition ladder after 10 rounds has Oakleigh in 2nd spot, only half a game behind Panther's own mob (OMs). If your own side is Hampton Rovers, are you seriously suggesting OGGs, BT, Peninsula and OMs are all better than Oakleigh as well?

What logic are you using here? :confused:

Scribe

You don't have to write your name at the end of your post Scribe. We know who you are - it says it at the top left of each of your posts.;)

The Dev Cracker

Don't want to blame injuries but its hard to argue they didn't play a part last week. That said - some of the missing are sure to line up for these 2 big games.
We have a young side and will finish full of run over a couple of "ageing" lists at the end.

I trust your not refering to the Rovers Panther Puff. Our skipper is about our 3rd oldest player at 27...

There is alot of trash talking going on at the momment here boys. I'm all for the banter but some of you teams talk a good game but don't seem so keen when the pressure is really on.

An interesting few weeks await us!!

UM,

The competition ladder after 10 rounds has Oakleigh in 2nd spot, only half a game behind Panther's own mob (OMs). If your own side is Hampton Rovers, are you seriously suggesting OGGs, BT, Peninsula and OMs are all better than Oakleigh as well?

What logic are you using here? :confused:

Scribe

Football logic Scribe. A logic that is unsurpassed and one the Tom Brains(can't judge you personally as I have no idea who you are) of this world aren't privvy to.
As you stated, after 10 rounds they're 2nd. I don't see them figuring heavily in the back end of the season. May have been a bit overzealous with 4 sides, but Mentone, Geelong and Prahran are considerably better sides. Round 9 wasn't an impressive game by any standards(no thanks to that sh*t heap of a ground), however it was a good gritty win for us. Should never have been allowed to play catch up footy. It seems an unfortunate set of circumstances down at Prahran that may allow Oakleigh to finish in the 4.

Out of curiosity, where are they being relocated to?

Football logic Scribe. A logic that is unsurpassed and one the Tom Brains(can't judge you personally as I have no idea who you are) of this world aren't privvy to.
As you stated, after 10 rounds they're 2nd. I don't see them figuring heavily in the back end of the season. May have been a bit overzealous with 4 sides, but Mentone, Geelong and Prahran are considerably better sides. Round 9 wasn't an impressive game by any standards(no thanks to that sh*t heap of a ground), however it was a good gritty win for us. Should never have been allowed to play catch up footy. It seems an unfortunate set of circumstances down at Prahran that may allow Oakleigh to finish in the 4.

Out of curiosity, where are they being relocated to?

The Krushers are being relocated to Southern Reserve on Police Road in Mulgrave on a week to week basis but most likely for all remaining home games (3 after this week)

As for the comments above about 4 sides being better than Oakleigh the next 8 plus 3 weeks will solve that one.

I trust your not refering to the Rovers Panther Puff. Our skipper is about our 3rd oldest player at 27...

There is alot of trash talking going on at the momment here boys. I'm all for the banter but some of you teams talk a good game but don't seem so keen when the pressure is really on.

An interesting few weeks await us!!

I think he is 26? He looks old though - not the best looking bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Quite man's Tips

Geelong 55 Points

Hampton 25 Points

Prahran 35 Points

Bulleen 12 Points

Oakleigh 80 Points

TQM

A logic that is unsurpassed and one the Tom Brains(can't judge you personally as I have no idea who you are) of this world aren't privvy to.

Uncle,

Rest assured, after 15 years of playing VAFA footy with Old Trinity (including a couple of games against the Rovers in 1999), and now playing / coaching with Fitzroy Reds, I am familiar with the concept of footy logic.

I also subscribe to the theory that if clubs in a division continually play down the fortunes of newly promoted sides, they could easily end up wondering how they missed out on finals whilst these "upstarts" (such as Oakleigh in D1, and Rupo / Carey in C) managed to get the job done. Menwhile, your club is having a Mad Monday about 3 weeks earlier than you'd hoped.

Underestimate the sides with 'nothing to lose' at your peril.

Best of luck to all on the weekend.

Frase :thumbsu:
(is that better Dev?)
;)

Uncle,

Rest assured, after 15 years of playing VAFA footy with Old Trinity (including a couple of games against the Rovers in 1999), and now playing / coaching with Fitzroy Reds, I am familiar with the concept of footy logic.

I also subscribe to the theory that if clubs in a division continually play down the fortunes of newly promoted sides, they could easily end up wondering how they missed out on finals whilst these "upstarts" (such as Oakleigh in D1, and Rupo / Carey in C) managed to get the job done. Menwhile, your club is having a Mad Monday about 3 weeks earlier than you'd hoped.

(is that better Dev?)
;)

Cheers mate ;) - speaking of your Old Trinity, I may have played against you back in 1999, my first senior game. You beat us by a measly 25 goals.

Uncle,

(is that better Dev?)
;)

Not playing them down... They've obviously done well to get where they are. Just hard to rate the side I saw 2 weeks ago as a top 2 team. Granted we only see them twice a year, it was far from an impressive display. And with such a home ground advantage to give up a 4-5 goal lead was a pretty ordinary performance. We rolled Prahran by 8 goals and I still thought they were a better unit than Oakleigh.

Anyways...

Hampton
Mentone
Geelong
Bulleen
Oakleigh

Cheers mate ;) - speaking of your Old Trinity, I may have played against you back in 1999, my first senior game. You beat us by a measly 25 goals.

It certainly was a bit of a blowout the second time around, the first one out at Boss Reserve was a bit tighter, and warmer from memory.

I blame having to wear clash guernseys - no side ever wins when having to wear 23 year old fluffy black and orange jumpers with buttons on the front and ripped white numbers on the back.

The VAFA really should do something about purchasing a few new sets of jumpers. The revenue raised from teamsheet fines has to pay for something doesn't it? (well apart from the VAFA Executive's booze budget on the VCFL Rep weekend road-trip).

Can i get some feedback or comments about the Old Mentonians coach, rumours that ive heard is that he often mouths off to opposition teams before the game. Who is he, and what credentials does he have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back