Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool bananas tips for this week:

OM to win in a close bottom of the table clash over mhsob.
OEG to continue their good form and winning streak, although bulleen temp will have confidence and put up a fight after last weeks win.
OI easily over oakleigh.
OT over the uni boys in a relatively close match. the bundoora lads will want to get a few wins under their belt before uni holidays but i don't think it will be this week.
Ormond back to the winners list and should account for bentleigh.

Cool bananas is confident of getting 5/5 tips this week!
(if the rains continue outcomes could change with much closer matches and cool bananas not so confident in his tips! Lets hope its a dry one!!)

Cool bananas tips for this week:

OM to win in a close bottom of the table clash over mhsob.
OEG to continue their good form and winning streak, although bulleen temp will have confidence and put up a fight after last weeks win.
OI easily over oakleigh.
OT over the uni boys in a relatively close match. the bundoora lads will want to get a few wins under their belt before uni holidays but i don't think it will be this week.
Ormond back to the winners list and should account for bentleigh.

Cool bananas is confident of getting 5/5 tips this week!
(if the rains continue outcomes could change with much closer matches and cool bananas not so confident in his tips! Lets hope its a dry one!!)

think the first three are certainties as for OT v. La Trobe and Ormond v. Bentleigh will be two stella matches... especially looking forward to the outcome of Bent v. Ormond, both teams been looking forward to this game!

wouldn't be putting my money on latrobe, players out etc. Wouldn't be surprised if they dont have a team come mid year. Struggling for numbers...and committment

My tips for this round

Old Mentonians to account for Melbourne High by 45 points..
Old Mentonians midfielders will be first to the ball and create too many oppurtunities for their forward line.... Although if Melbourne High's midfield breaks even Mentonians backline will struggle.. So it'as all up to the midfield battle.

Old Essendon Grammarians looking the more cohesive unit right now and the apparent team to beat after demolishing a flag favourite last week. Their 2nd and 3rd year players have stepped up and are now the aggressors, they won more contensted ball last week and seemed to be just too competitive for the monders...Bulleen have been more competitive than first assessed and shows this division are all close but they will be no match for Old Essendon... Old Essendon by 55 points.

Old Ivanhoe looking the other premiership threat at the present time just pushing teams aside... relentless at the ball good big guys and good small guys they know how to play their ground too... Oakleigh still continue to get wraps when all they have beaten are very average teams and in reality that's what they are Edwards got loose which is a major mistake by Melbourne High... a couple of stars but thats all oakleigh have... Old Ivanhoe by 78 points..

Old Trinity were picked by the footy record as flag favourite which was a joke to me at the time... Have been alright this year but just have beaten no real decent teams... They again face a very ordinary La Trobe side....
La Trobe are a mixed bag... depending on their uni players and etc are making it extremely hard for them... not much cohesian and not enough mateship...Will still be far too undermanned Old Trinity by 50 points...

The derby... Bentleigh have been disappointing losing to a very sub standard side in Old Mentonians... They have kept many players from last year but many don't seem to be playing... word is injuries at Arthur St... They have the talent on their list to cause an upset... The monders have been far from convincing this year too apparently had kept most of their list but only few names ring a bell... They are a tough and physical side but Bentleigh to me seem like they are due for the win... Bentleigh by 15 points in a tight and physical game...

Old Essendon Grammar are cheats!!
I was watching down at Old Essendon Yesterday and what i think Johnni is talking about is 3 very controversial goal umpiring decisions.

In the first quarter a clear point was awarded a goal. Only minutes after that the ball went over the goal line and the BT boys stopped, an OE player continued the play and kicked a goal.

At Quarter time the BT captain requested to the field umpires a new goal umpire (the score at Quarter time would have been 5.0 to 0.2 instead of 5.0 to 2.0).

After this the new goal umpire in the last quarter with the margin still under 10 points called a clear point a goal...the OE player who kicked even said it was a point but it was still awarded a goal.

All 3 decisions were made by OE goal umpires.

Point of this post is bias is playing to much of a part in these important decisions. Do we need a solution to this problem and if so what is it???????

Old Trinity were picked by the footy record as flag favourite which was a joke to me at the time...

Go easy mate, flag favouritism is always a tough one to pick in the unders. In this case it probably was a little unwarranted but anyone would have them up there. I'd say the VAFA scribe's main reason for such short odds would be because of a step down in grade. But a 'joke' don't you think that may be overstating it a little?!

I also saw the OE v BT game at the weekend and have a totally different perspective!

BT had the most ridiculous run of umpiring decisions I've seen in a long time. At half time the frees count was 13-3 BT's way with 3 of their first 5 goals given 20m out. If it wasn't for that Monaco would have done nothing. In fact, he did very little anyway.

The goal umpires call the shots and they can be overuled by the umpires, which didn't occur. So you can stop sooking and making excuses for your insipid performance because OE won by 36pt and it should have been double that.

Finally, the last decision didn't effect the game because OE's were more than 10pts up. The "so called" questionable goal was the last of 8 unanswered goals before BT kicked 3 in junk time to make the margin look like a respectable loss.

I also saw the OE v BT game at the weekend and have a totally different perspective!
The goal umpires call the shots and they can be overuled by the umpires, which didn't occur. So you can stop sooking and making excuses for your insipid performance because OE won by 36pt and it should have been double that.

To Knight Rider

All clubs received a pack from AFL Victoria, which included the rules of the game. Read it, or get your mom to sit with you when you go to bed and she can read it as your night time story.

Under no circumstances can a field umpire over rule a goal umpire.

The field umpire may say he saw it as a goal, but he can never make the goal umpire change his decision.

In the AFL all umpires work together as a team, so a Goal Umpire will be happy to receive additional help if he is out of position. The final decision rests with the goal umpire solely.

To Knight Rider

All clubs received a pack from AFL Victoria, which included the rules of the game. Read it, or get your mom to sit with you when you go to bed and she can read it as your night time story.

Under no circumstances can a field umpire over rule a goal umpire.

The field umpire may say he saw it as a goal, but he can never make the goal umpire change his decision.

In the AFL all umpires work together as a team, so a Goal Umpire will be happy to receive additional help if he is out of position. The final decision rests with the goal umpire solely.
Max Leader

I had my mother read me the AFL Rules for my bedtime story and she read me the following extract....

8.1.2(b) Unless otherwise determined by a Controlling Body, a field umpire may overrule the decision of a boundary or goal umpire who was appointed under Law 8.1.2(a).

If you are going to insult my intelligence, please ensure you have the facts first!

SNAP! Max Leader!!

From the score it looks as if the so called free three goal's would not of made a difference...
When play or watch bulleen look out for this kid last i saw he went down holding his knee lol...
ronmcd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rardo, I would not be lighting those matches so quickly.

Knight Rider has been very narrow in his interpretation of the laws.

Law 8.1.2a states that if the controlling body has not appointed a goal umprire, then if field umpire choses, with the agreement of the clubs a goal umpire, he then and only then can over rule.

This rule does not apply to teh OR game as the field umpire at no time has a say in the selection of a goal umpire at Ammo level.

Rardo, I would not be lighting those matches so quickly.

Knight Rider has been very narrow in his interpretation of the laws.

Law 8.1.2a states that if the controlling body has not appointed a goal umprire, then if field umpire choses, with the agreement of the clubs a goal umpire, he then and only then can over rule.

This rule does not apply to teh OR game as the field umpire at no time has a say in the selection of a goal umpire at Ammo level.
Both clubs appoint goal umpires, which the field umpires and both clubs accept will adjudicate the match. Therefore, the goal umpires can be overruled by the field umpires.

At U19 level each week Law 8.1.2(a) prevails as no controlling body appoints goal umpires, unless perhaps for finals and games at EP.

I can't keep this thread going by itself you know!

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Ivanhoe's forwards Delmonte and Dekretser, both have started the season positively.

Both clubs appoint goal umpires, which the field umpires and both clubs accept will adjudicate the match. Therefore, the goal umpires can be overruled by the field umpires.

At U19 level each week Law 8.1.2(a) prevails as no controlling body appoints goal umpires, unless perhaps for finals and games at EP.

Max Leader, Knight Rider...squabbling over, reading and quoting specific laws of our great game raises serious concerns to me over both your social lives.

Is life that dull? Surely time could be better spent. Have you had your genitals taken from you?

Max Leader, Knight Rider...squabbling over, reading and quoting specific laws of our great game raises serious concerns to me over both your social lives.

Is life that dull? Surely time could be better spent. Have you had your genitals taken from you?
Just doing my articles at a large law firm so it's all part of the job.

Max Leader just go back home and sook in you,re mum arms while she is reading the rules book for you,re daily dose of book club reading.
you might axually understand the game it is football we are playing not soccer spose you,re players should be playing soccer.

If this is the level of education OE offers, I wouldn't be sending my kids there. Ever heard of spell check?

you cant read its a bloody forum who gives a shit,
not like im doing an essay for english.

U think you are a ninja turtle or something, with a name like that.

you cant read its a bloody forum who gives a shit,
not like im doing an essay for english.

U think you are a ninja turtle or something, with a name like that.

OEGB,

You are very angry man.

Did your hair stylist use too much peroxide on your latest do. It appears to have affected your happy space.

After Knight Rider's mom has finished read him and me the rules of the game, maybe she can come over a read you a soothing story to calm you down.

;)

It's thursday which means tips time...

Bentleigh v Oakleigh - Both team are looking for a win to keep in touch but Oakleigh seem better placed at the moment. Derks and Borland to get the job done by 40pts.

Ivanhoe v Ormond - Game of the Round and should give us an indication as to how good Ivanhoe really are this year. So far they haven't been troubled but Ormond will give it right up to them. I'm tipping Ivanhoe purely on the match being at Chelsworth, but the margin is tight, 10pts.

La Trobe v Bulleen - La Trobe seem unable to get a strong team on the park and with holidays fast approaching and the team struggling, it will be Bulleen by 36pts and Monaco to kick 6.

MHSOB v Essendon - At the postage stamp this week which helps the locals but still without a win and set to continue unfortunately. Essendon keep delivering and will again by 60pts.

Mentone v Trinity - 2 AGSV sides going at it and Mentone starting to find form. However, Trinity have always been the stronger school side and this will result in them getting over the line by 50pts.

Have a great weekend and may the best team win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back