Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
u go too far when u start naming players. i think hes one of our better players and shaw did giv a few of ur players a touch up this year as well as last year.

a better forum to start would be how soft are OE AS A TEAM. cmon their best player wears a shoe lace head band to keep his foiled hair out of his face (rardo would love shower time with him) and their captain would only hav a go at someone when its behind the play but will never put his head over the ball which he made evident both this and last year.

this forum used to be funny but u took it too far wing sniper!

Jim if i had a bloke in my team who was able to come out and kick 9 goals against any team i wouldnt care what he wore around his head! And the fact that you are callin the team who is undeafeated and sitting second on the ladder soft is a good call....particularly when you blokes are **cough** LAST! **cough**. I would suggest you look at you're own teams performance first before saying that the team who beat you by 147 points! If they are so soft i wonder what you blokes were like then!

As the U19s scribe is sometimes inaccurate in his weekley reports i was just wondering if anyone would like two give or mention say 2-3 players from each team who oppositions should keep a close eye on... i undertand with OI you could probably name about 7-8... but what about the others... do any teams have key players who are their key targets or ball winning magnets??

Lets see if we can name at least one or two from the 10 teams??

And where possible give a breif description of the kind of player they are, eg Full Forward, Midfielder, Flanker etc.

Jim if i had a bloke in my team who was able to come out and kick 9 goals against any team i wouldnt care what he wore around his head! And the fact that you are callin the team who is undeafeated and sitting second on the ladder soft is a good call....particularly when you blokes are **cough** LAST! **cough**. I would suggest you look at you're own teams performance first before saying that the team who beat you by 147 points! If they are so soft i wonder what you blokes were like then!

for one we were heavily undermaned.

second i never said OE arnt good they hav a lot of good running players. but aftre playin them their weaknesses are too obvious, any team who goes in hard against them and is willing to nock them around a bit will come out victors. thats what we'll do next time and the outcome will be quite a surprise i predict.

finally those nine goals pretty boy kiked were 90% luck or cheap hand off. next game when we get Valentine back he won't hav nine kiks let alone nine goals.

second i never said OE arnt good they hav a lot of good running players. but aftre playin them their weaknesses are too obvious, any team who goes in hard against them and is willing to nock them around a bit will come out victors. thats what we'll do next time and the outcome will be quite a surprise i predict.

finally those nine goals pretty boy kiked were 90% luck or cheap hand off. next game when we get Valentine back he won't hav nine kiks let alone nine goals.

well apparently "pretty boy" is usually down in the backline down there at OE so he may not even line up in the forward line against you blokes next time, so your Valentine may not be needed.
and here we go again, another person from another club complaining that they were "undermanned". Most clubs are "undermanned" each week, due to senior selection, injury, or uni requirements so being "undermanned" isn't an excuse. I'm sure that both OE and OI have both been "undermanned" throughout the season but have still managed to win all their games. Hopefully you boys can show the teams who you're playing in the next few weeks what its like to go in hard and get a win on the board. until that happens your comments about other teams not being tough enough when they have flogged you is totally irrelevant.

Let me guess... the umpires were against you as well?

Just face it MJ... you got smashed... simple as that!

Let me guess... the umpires were against you as well?

Just face it MJ... you got smashed... simple as that!

Dont forget pineapple, someone had also removed their goalposts during the first quarter, thats why they kicked 0.5 up until quarter time.

So if the weren't undermanned, an they had his Valentine in, and if the ump's were fair, and if OE's captain didn't do such bad things beind play and if someone didnt steal their goal posts, they may have actually won.... WOW this could be a premiership team if everythin falls into place for them! PFFT!

1. A character like #22 for MHSOB is great for amateur footy. He's a smartar*e, his team/club will always love him and he'll get under the skin of all opposition sides. Wish our side had someone like that. His style of play is goo but hope for his sake he can fight.
  2. 'Undermanned' is never an excuse for losing. You got a few out, chances are so does the opposition - get over it.
  3. Mega Jim...my god, what do i say. I'm not even going to dignify the trype you write with a response. You may have got a constructive reply but i just don't think you'd get it.
  4. JunkYardDog the only thing that can be implied by 'the real deal' is that a side is a contender. So yeah, OE are definately the 'real deal'. So too are OI and Ormond. Also think Trinity, Bulleen and possibly LaTrobe could be in that mix. Knight Rider is right though, only tome will tell.
  5. As for you leftfootkick, good idea. Will get back to you.

1. A character like #22 for MHSOB is great for amateur footy. He's a smartar*e, his team/club will always love him and he'll get under the skin of all opposition sides. Wish our side had someone like that. His style of play is goo but hope for his sake he can fight.
  2. 'Undermanned' is never an excuse for losing. You got a few out, chances are so does the opposition - get over it.
  3. Mega Jim...my god, what do i say. I'm not even going to dignify the trype you write with a response. You may have got a constructive reply but i just don't think you'd get it.
  4. JunkYardDog the only thing that can be implied by 'the real deal' is that a side is a contender. So yeah, OE are definately the 'real deal'. So too are OI and Ormond. Also think Trinity, Bulleen and possibly LaTrobe could be in that mix. Knight Rider is right though, only tome will tell.
  5. As for you leftfootkick, good idea. Will get back to you.

1. very good point, he is good for the club we all love him down there and i dont think he has to much to worry about bc he can defend himself quiet well, which is beside the point. he only arks up again OE and esp this year after ur weak, dirty, soft captain had a go at him last year. i would hate to play against him too bc he would get under anyones skin if he played every game as he did on the w\e. all clubs hav at least one, OE has there yappy captain, undisciplined #3 i think he was and cant forget there mardi gra representitive at FF.
2. i will take that on board everyone does hav outs fair point, we were undermaned but i spose OE were prob too as they did hav a very young plain clothed bench.
3. .........goes down from here. thanks anyway

1. very good point, he is good for the club we all love him down there and i dont think he has to much to worry about bc he can defend himself quiet well, which is beside the point. he only arks up again OE and esp this year after ur weak, dirty, soft captain had a go at him last year. i would hate to play against him too bc he would get under anyones skin if he played every game as he did on the w\e. all clubs hav at least one, OE has there yappy captain, undisciplined #3 i think he was and cant forget there mardi gra representitive at FF.
2. i will take that on board everyone does hav outs fair point, we were undermaned but i spose OE were prob too as they did hav a very young plain clothed bench.
3. .........goes down from here. thanks anyway

The plain clothed bench was a result of a jumper mix up so dont read too much into that, but there were a couple of first gamers in there and OE did have quite a few players missing due to injury, seniors and other commitments which im sure every other footy team does as well. When you start winning games, maybe then you can start commenting and criticising other teams but for now i suggest you stick to trying to get your own team together and put some points on the board.

i noted on the w\e against OE that they had a rather large number of officials (3 or 4) is the coachin role shared down there or are these parents lending a hand, or even just followers of the club?

There is 2 co coaches, team manager and there are always are fair few family and friends around the place watchin and helping out.

i noted on the w\e against OE that they had a rather large number of officials (3 or 4) is the coachin role shared down there or are these parents lending a hand, or even just followers of the club?

Well as i read in the footy record last week (in the coach of the week section), OE have two co-coaches and i would suggest that the injure players would have been the others with them i would have thought. can any one from OE clarify that? by the way well done to the two coaches down at OE for getting coach of the week. great effort and well deserved so far going by the results!

Well as i read in the footy record last week (in the coach of the week section), OE have two co-coaches and i would suggest that the injure players would have been the others with them i would have thought. can any one from OE clarify that? by the way well done to the two coaches down at OE for getting coach of the week. great effort and well deserved so far going by the results!

Yes Yes they were coaches of the round and deserve it... they do also have a team manager and all that sh*t...

when we played OE they were hard cu*ts so i dont know what your talking about "mega ***"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Yes they were coaches of the round and deserve it... they do also have a team manager and all that sh*t...

when we played OE they were hard cu*ts so i dont know what your talking about "mega ***"

wow great word play with the ''mega ***'' and surely the way u praise OE wouldnt mean that u actually play for them or better yet you may be one of their cheating goal unpires. you disclose ur identity a bit too well might hav to get a PI onto u. i think u gave urself away when u said they there hard c***s bc only an OE supporter/player/official would believe that.

u sad sad person

mega jim, as misguide as some of your comments are and stuff, i like you, you're good value, its people like u who keep these threads going. although sometimes i think you need to watch ya ya say buddy, somethings are just crap

mega jim, as misguide as some of your comments are and stuff, i like you, you're good value, its people like u who keep these threads going. although sometimes i think you need to watch ya ya say buddy, somethings are just crap

i appreciate ur support but about watchin wat ya ya say, hav a look at the apuse my team mates are coppin, im just tryin to giv some back to all the OE ppl in this forum which seems to be everyone, bar maybe one or two.

i do think there needs to be a stronger representation from each club on here. obviously OE have a pretty good turn out but not overly many from other clubs? y havent MHSOB got on here mega? they should b helpin u out

OE r no big deal in this competition. Ivanhoe will be a much better side, and from what i have seen there are 1 or 2 more i would rate higher at full strength than the boys from essendon.

mega jim is a genius... must be one of the 22 deadshi*s that got beaten on the weekend... it hurts mate... it hurts when you have two men loose in the back and the opposition manage to kick a bag a qauter... get facts straight mate i was only watching the game on the weekend and not a player of the VAFA competition... only supporting...

i do think there needs to be a stronger representation from each club on here. obviously OE have a pretty good turn out but not overly many from other clubs? y havent MHSOB got on here mega? they should b helpin u out

i agree i no a few of the guys are on bigfooty already ill let them no about this forum. its a good place to hear how other teams are goin and there strengths and weaknesses.

Marquee Players In Div 3

Ivanhoe
Gieschen - the youngest of three brothers at the hoers who is just as skillful and silky smooth as the others. Excellent onballer who reads the play well and loves to kick goals.

Delmonte/Dekretser - both are key forwards for the team and most of their goals come from these guys. Most team will find it hard to shut both of them down on any given day.

Essendon
Jones - silky and creative midfielder who basically racks up more touches than an stripper at Hollywood's on the Gold Coast.

Benson - somewhat of an enigma at the club but quite simply, the game starts and ends with this guy.

Trinity
Pacconi - another midfielder whose class and pace is a tremendous asset to his team.

Beaton - the big fella in front of the sticks doesn't miss too many and Trinity try to use him where possible. Another big forward in a great goalkickers comp.

Ormond
Te Hennepe - solid, rugged and tough midfielder who loves the close, in and under stuff on the field. Provides many opportunities for his forward 6.

Allan/Foy - lively forward type for Ormond who don't necessarily rely on one guy to get them over the line. Both are very dangerous and should be watched closely.

Mentone
Tickell - solid and strong centre half forward/ruckman who has great running ability for a guy of his size. Possibly Mentone's most valuable asset.

Daperis - when Tickell palms it down, it's usually to this kid! Classy midfielder who can damage opposition teams.

Oakleigh
Derks-Revere - former league B&F winner who is a very good midfielder despite his lack of height. Has an uncanny resemblence to Brian Peppers, if you don't know him, Google it...I dare you!

Borland - a tall, solid onballer with the ability to break open games as will. Starts in the middle then goes forward to kick goals. If left unguarded he will hurt opposition teams.

Bulleen Temp
Monaco - obvious choice in this list given the guy is massive! Bulleen's only real avenue to goal so shut him down, and the game is yours.

Bentleigh
Fridman - massive unit that plays either deep in the forward line or across half forward as a go to for the midfield. Is very dangerous and athletic so will take your best defender to keep him well held.

MHSOB
I would make comment about certain players but unfortunately all their good players have gone to the seniors to try and avoid relegation from B Grade.

OE r no big deal in this competition. Ivanhoe will be a much better side, and from what i have seen there are 1 or 2 more i would rate higher at full strength than the boys from essendon.

i dont know why u think that OE are no real threat to OI they have proved that they can win against quality opposition time and again. not having seen OIplay i cant wait to unil they meet in a few rounds only then can u make comments about who is the "better side".

Marquee Players In Div 3

Ivanhoe
Gieschen - the youngest of three brothers at the hoers who is just as skillful and silky smooth as the others. Excellent onballer who reads the play well and loves to kick goals.

Delmonte/Dekretser - both are key forwards for the team and most of their goals come from these guys. Most team will find it hard to shut both of them down on any given day.

Essendon
Jones - silky and creative midfielder who basically racks up more touches than an stripper at Hollywood's on the Gold Coast.

Benson - somewhat of an enigma at the club but quite simply, the game starts and ends with this guy.

Trinity
Pacconi - another midfielder whose class and pace is a tremendous asset to his team.

Beaton - the big fella in front of the sticks doesn't miss too many and Trinity try to use him where possible. Another big forward in a great goalkickers comp.

Ormond
Te Hennepe - solid, rugged and tough midfielder who loves the close, in and under stuff on the field. Provides many opportunities for his forward 6.

Allan/Foy - lively forward type for Ormond who don't necessarily rely on one guy to get them over the line. Both are very dangerous and should be watched closely.

Mentone
Tickell - solid and strong centre half forward/ruckman who has great running ability for a guy of his size. Possibly Mentone's most valuable asset.

Daperis - when Tickell palms it down, it's usually to this kid! Classy midfielder who can damage opposition teams.

Oakleigh
Derks-Revere - former league B&F winner who is a very good midfielder despite his lack of height. Has an uncanny resemblence to Brian Peppers, if you don't know him, Google it...I dare you!

Borland - a tall, solid onballer with the ability to break open games as will. Starts in the middle then goes forward to kick goals. If left unguarded he will hurt opposition teams.

Bulleen Temp
Monaco - obvious choice in this list given the guy is massive! Bulleen's only real avenue to goal so shut him down, and the game is yours.

Bentleigh
Fridman - massive unit that plays either deep in the forward line or across half forward as a go to for the midfield. Is very dangerous and athletic so will take your best defender to keep him well held.

MHSOB
I would make comment about certain players but unfortunately all their good players have gone to the seniors to try and avoid relegation from B Grade.

Thanks Knight Rider, the teams we've played against I would totally agree with you and the players you've mentioned are right on the money. Maybe we should get you to right up our section in the Record...

As for OI and OE, looking forward to seeing you guys meet very soon... atm i would have to go with OI, only because we've already played them and they are just a class above the rest, although having said that, i would wait for my reply when we play OE... we'll try and keep a close eye on Jones and Benson!

I've seen that Benson kid and no point keeping a close eye on him because u can see that beampole from anywhere! and as i found out he isnt just a ruckman, works really well around the ground too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back