Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking foward to the Oak V OI contest, could be a GF preview and might see OI be handed there 1st loss.

this game should be an absolute beuty! 10 points the margin last time and id say oaks have definetly improved their game since then... both hard n tough teams only thing i can go on is the home side advantage, oaks have to travel a fair way.. wat eva the result, should be a great game of football... cant wait

I just think they can be beaten... And yes we did lose to them...

oakleigh beat old ess

old ess beat ormond

ormond beat oakleigh

this shows all three teams can be beaten n i agree with u n thinking OI will win this week, i c where ur coming from. but it wont be a big shock if they lose to oakleigh really, this is 2 good finals bound sides...

the finals will be very hotly contested this year n i cant wait to get to some of the games!

Whats the deal with MHSOB? are they in the same boat as La Trobe or are they still in the league?

yea speaking to all the oakleigh blokes on saturday night they all said they had no game on the week end

yet vafa.com.au has put up the scores of the game as 88 to 55

does any1 have a clue wat is going on?

:confused::confused::confused:

Do i once again have to remind you to read the post you're replying to before you actually reply to it! I never said that the boys from Mentone needed to harden up, I said that you did champ...please don't post again until u get this right

so if im from OM then what i said made perfect sense.....
how about you read wat you wrote first or at least make it less ambiguous....

yea speaking to all the oakleigh blokes on saturday night they all said they had no game on the week end

yet vafa.com.au has put up the scores of the game as 88 to 55

does any1 have a clue wat is going on?

:confused::confused::confused:

i think last year in U/19 blue when Oakleigh-Clayton were kicked out of the comp everyone who won to them in the first 9 rounds got the same score and those who lost got the average winnin % of all the other teams for the round....not 100% sure though

couple of big games this week.. one of them ormond vs bentleigh! ormond fighting for a finals spot and bentleigh fighting for pride.. but this wont be a easy push over bentleigh have some players coming back from what i have heard.. one in particular chris clement played most of the year but went up to ones a very handy backman that has gone up forward and kicked goals.. what do you think will happen in this game?

couple of big games this week.. one of them ormond vs bentleigh! ormond fighting for a finals spot and bentleigh fighting for pride.. but this wont be a easy push over bentleigh have some players coming back from what i have heard.. one in particular chris clement played most of the year but went up to ones a very handy backman that has gone up forward and kicked goals.. what do you think will happen in this game?

the dukes where do u get these rumors from... very very good news on the benleigh front if its tru mate... clement was regarded as one of the best backman to line up in 193 football this year and im sure the bentleigh boys would love him back from tho senior side!

another bloke to look for, doesnt get much of a mention but has been close to best on for bentleigh in every game their last month of footy is that westy bloke.. (little guy with the long sleeves) for bentleigh to wein he'd have to have a good game... also played without skipper mcintire back this week wich whill only boost the side

other games.. OI and OAK i have already spoke about ealier

buleen temp v OE willl be a close game, buleen has a solid home ground advanage n should play in there favor, for me OE by 4 goals with their midfeild just to strong...

the dukes where do u get these rumors from... very very good news on the benleigh front if its tru mate... clement was regarded as one of the best backman to line up in 193 football this year and im sure the bentleigh boys would love him back from tho senior side!

another bloke to look for, doesnt get much of a mention but has been close to best on for bentleigh in every game their last month of footy is that westy bloke.. (little guy with the long sleeves) for bentleigh to wein he'd have to have a good game... also played without skipper mcintire back this week wich whill only boost the side

buleen temp v OE willl be a close game, buleen has a solid home ground advanage n should play in there favor, for me OE by 4 goals with their midfeild just to strong...

well that was the rumour i heard!! ahh and for that west guy he has been playing good footy and should be playing at senior level. he has been polling well for b&f and the last month with stellar performances will not hurt his cause.. and would not be suprised if he got best on again this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your thoughts for this weekend Knighta, LJ, WG?

Also noticed now that MHSOB have folded MEGA is no where to be heard, sorry to hear mate, good luck for next season!

Clement is a huge in this week and will help strengthen the back-line, along with McIntire, Zyberlych and Battams this should give bentleigh good hope at home!

With 5 rounds remaining it's shaping up nicely with again some very important clashes that will define the Top 4 teams.

Again my expertise in picking the winners and margins was shown last week so I recommend you all take notice of KR...especially after the right up I received in the this weeks VAFA Amateur Record!

Anyway, here we go....

Bentleigh v Ormond - Should be a fantastic game this week out at the recreation reserve in which Bentleigh usually play their best football. Ormond, outclassed last week despite dropping back Orry Lack and Kyle Rodwell will be hoping to bounce back and avoid letting Mentone remain in the hunt. Bentleigh is appears have players returning but I feel as though Ormond will not want to stay 4th for long and should get up in a tight affair. (17pts)

Ivanhoe v Oakleigh - Definitely match of the round material and will really show just where Oakleigh are at. A lot of ppl are talking up their chances but unfortunately Knight Rider doesn't agree. Oakleigh have some good players in Paola, Borland & Edwards but Ivanhoe are a class act across the entire ground. At home in the Chelsworth mud, I can't see Ivanhoe's winning streak coming to an end. (35pts)

MHSOB v Mentone - I believe this game is still going ahead if you go by the fixture but either way, the result will be the same! Mentone far too good for the high school boys who I hope don't fold permanently. Mentone still in with a chance for finals. (60+pts)

Bulleen Temp v Essendon - Will be a danger game for the bombers after BT knocked off Trinity last weekend. However, after seeing the game last week Essendon seem back to their best, if not better, and need this win to secure the double chance. (23pts)

Trinity - have the week off to recover, for what i don't know because their season is unfortunately over!

Good luck to all teams, and tell'em Knighta sent you!

Intersting to see your mention in the record KR. Forgive me if its a known fact but what alias does the scribe go under on this thread?

Any MHSOB want to elaborate on the current situation of your club?

Big weekend of footy.... Good to see OAK got destroyed as the Junkyard said they would... they are no match for Hoes nor are they Grand Final material...

White has decided to add another segment to the thread, after such positive feedback forWhite's Winners. This new segment will take an in depth look into some of the players in the u19(3) competition and will look to expose some of the player's deepests secrets... ones which they hoped would never be revealed. The new segment will been titled THE WHITE WATCHMAN

the first player to go under the microscope, as chosen randomly by yours truely, is: Mitchell Williams (OE)

Unfortunately for Mitchell, and his keen fan base, he has only managed to play a handful of games this season, after spending many frustrating weeks on the sidelines battling a near life threatening hamstring injury. However it now appears the OE prayers have been answered, and Mitchell (or Mitch as he is affectionately known) has now played 5 successive games, and it appears his injury woes are behind him, meaning nothing but glory awaits him.

A very talented player Mitch does most of his damage in the midfield, working in unison with Benson at the stoppages. Such coherance hasn't been seen between two individuals since Simon & Garfunkle worked their magic in the recording studios in the 60's. A left footer by nature, Mitch has the ability to turn a game on its head with a deadly arsenal of pin-point skills in his repotoir.

One of Mitch's darker moments came in 2005, when, whilst partying in Byron Bay for his Schoolies getaway, Mitch unfortunately managed to shit his pants whilst walking home one night... when later asked why he did so, Mitch replied "I simply couldn't hold it in any longer"

Sick of killing it week in week out so thanks to bulleen temp i have decided to concentrate full time on my xbox skills to prepare myself for Halo 3 and leave my beloved football behind...

haha s******...

Rardo, with all due respect i think you would be alot better in the ping pong world. Your a great footballer but i have seen better. Good luck ping pong man.

End of Season Ladder Predictions???

Old Ivanoe
Old Ess
Ormond
OM's
Oakliegh
Trinity
BT
Bent
MHSOB

although i disagree milkman, and as much as i hate to admit it, your prediction may not be as absurd as i first thought... Oakleigh do still have the buy up their sleve, however 2 crucial games against your mob and Ormond (and a tough fight against Bentleigh who have proven they are no push overs) could see 4th position be decided on percentage, and Oakleigh have you more than covered in that department...

Old Ivanhoe - still to play ormond(Win), MHSOB(W), Mentone(W), Old Ess(W)..
Key game/s : old ess at the end will be intresting but will have no effect on ladder position. mentone is the danger game
prdiction 18-0 finish 1st

Old Ess - MHSOB(W), Trinity(W), Old Ivanhoe([Loss) BYE
Key Games - Obviously ivanhoe but wont matter. just pride n a edge for finals if/wen they meet
prediction - 14-4 2nd

Ormond - Old Ivanhoe (L), Trinity (W), Oakleigh (L), MHSOB (W)
Key Games : oakleigh game will tell us who will finish 3 and 4 n if ormond win will give a chance for Mentone to come thru to finals.
prediction - 12-6 3rd

Oakleigh - Bentleigh (W), Mentone (L), Ormond (W), BYE
Key Games: Ormond.. same as above
prediction - 12-6 4th

Old Mentone - Trinity (W), Oakleigh (W), Ivanhoe (L), Buleen Temp (W)
Key Games: all of them, needs to win them all to claim finals spot.. not out of reach at all
prediction - 10-8 5th

Old Trinity - Mentone (L), Ormond (L), Old Ess (L), Bentleigh (L)
Key Games: Bentleigh, with 3 tough weeks n wat looks like 3 straight losses it'll be intresting to c if they have given up on the season, bentleigh also play well at home
Prediction - 5-13 7th

Bulleen Temp - BYE, Bentleigh (W), MHSOB(W), Old Mentone (L)
Key Games: none really, playing for pride now, wont get relegated, wont get finals they will be keen to ruin mentones finals hopes
Prediction - 8-10 6th

Bentleigh - Oakleigh (L), Bulleen Temp (L), BYE, Trinity(W)
Key games: oakleigh.. local rival, but still in the same boat as bulleen, not much to play for at this stage but pride.
Prediction - 4-14 8th

MHSOB - Old Ess (L), Ivanhoe (L), Bulleen temp (L), Ormond (L)
Key Games : playing 3 of the top 4 sides in the last 4 rounds.. games wont matter too much, only help pecentage if needed by ormond!
Predition - 2-16 9th

these are my thoughts... the 4 is pretty much set now, only old mentone will have a hope of getting in but will need to win all 4 games n have results go there wat as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back