Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 2007 season flying faster than any on record (agree with u there leftfootkick) i guess a bit of reflection is in order.

Just wanting to know what the highlight of the H&A year was for you guys?

Just to jog ur memory, here is what i saw as some of the key issues/stories in 07:

- Delayed season due to the drought
- Old Ivanhoe's domintation
- The demise of Latrobe
- OE v OI
- Bentleigh V BT double DQ
- MHSOB struggle from week to week

feel free to add a few more.

Will try n get some sort of DT together LJ next week

I will do the same LJ, most likely mid to late of next week as we have Mad Monday festivities to attend too!

How you guys looking for this week, still no luck with the senior boys, or you getting them back for the final tussel of the year!

Also is it just me, or has this season gone SUPER QUICK... it feels like we're not even half way through, just my thoughts!

WG, how are your predictions for this week... can we see any upsets in the final round for the year!

Good luck to all who take the field, especially to those who are putting on the jumper for the last time in 2007!

Onya Lefty, and totally agree. The season has gone almost as fast as myself in the back of a Thai massage parlour.........

OT's will not benefit from any help of their senior boys, as the battle for relegation is well at hand in A Grade we haven't got a chance of getting any of them back. But we got good number and I'm sure it will be a crackin match, both teams would love to go out on a winning note. How your boys lookin Lefty?

Good to hear the news knighta, am looking forward to next week.

Tips for the Final Rnd of 2007:
Ormond vs. MHSOB - Raping.......what more can I say.

Old Ivanhoe vs. Old Essendon - Interesting game once again. But after facing OE last week they were in impressive form and if they have the likes of Jake Williams (Greg Williams son & an absolute star, had 40+ possesions last week) I think they'll just get over the line in a thriller.

Bentleigh vs. Old Trinity - I'll go with OT's on the last time they met, but I think this one won't be a pushover by any means. I'll say by 3 goals.

Bulleen-Templestowe vs. Old Mentonians - BT at Ted Ajani, will be looking to win after the last two weeks with very limited football. A. Luca BOG

Bye: Oakleigh

Ormond v MHSOB - Would like to see the boys from MHSOB give it one more effort for the year, at home however with the likes of Te Heneppe and Keane, they should have no problem walking away with the 4 points!

Ivanhoe v Essendon - Blockbuster? Some may say yes, others may say no, some may even wonder if what knighta is say about his 3 stars is true are are OE just resting the boys for when it counts now? Any how, two strong teams hungry to finish of the season with a win and I'll go with my judge ment from before round 1 and say... OI will take it!

Bentleigh v Trinity - Don't mistake the boys from bentleigh knighta, what happened out at bulleen in all fairness should fall on the ants! Having said that i reckon this one would be a beauty as well. Depending on what side trinity bring down warrigal road in benteligh we may see a belta of a game!

Bulleen v Mentone - Not much to say about this one, once again, if the school boys play, mentone will travel home knocking down a few bevo's!

Oakleigh (BYE) - should use this time wisely and maybe even go for a run on the sat arvo to keep them in the focus!

Finally, have seen this done on a lot of other threads, apart from just naming a Dream Team how bout we also chuck in the following:

Best facilities for away clubs -
Worst facilities for away clubs -

Best ground (condition)-
Worst ground (condition)-

Best social rooms -
Worst social rooms -

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) -
Worst blokes to play against

Best facilities for away clubs - MHSOB: the room is bigger than the ground and always very friendly and welcoming club!

Worst facilities for away clubs - Bulleen Temp: a don't take kindly to getting changed in the kitchen!

Best ground (condition)- easily the lush surrounds of Marles Playing Fields at Trinity

Worst ground (condition) - Bulleen Temp: I never realised Bulleen was near the beach!

Best social rooms - Essendon: when open very nice and inviting rooms with a view of the ground

Worst social rooms - ???

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - Geischen: just a harmless man

Worst blokes to play against - CHF for Bentleigh (#2) I think!

Ormond v MHSOB - Would like to see the boys from MHSOB give it one more effort for the year, at home however with the likes of Te Heneppe and Keane, they should have no problem walking away with the 4 points!

Ivanhoe v Essendon - Blockbuster? Some may say yes, others may say no, some may even wonder if what knighta is say about his 3 stars is true are are OE just resting the boys for when it counts now? Any how, two strong teams hungry to finish of the season with a win and I'll go with my judge ment from before round 1 and say... OI will take it!

Bentleigh v Trinity - Don't mistake the boys from bentleigh knighta, what happened out at bulleen in all fairness should fall on the ants! Having said that i reckon this one would be a beauty as well. Depending on what side trinity bring down warrigal road in benteligh we may see a belta of a game!

Bulleen v Mentone - Not much to say about this one, once again, if the school boys play, mentone will travel home knocking down a few bevo's!

Oakleigh (BYE) - should use this time wisely and maybe even go for a run on the sat arvo to keep them in the focus!

Finally, have seen this done on a lot of other threads, apart from just naming a Dream Team how bout we also chuck in the following:

Best facilities for away clubs -
Worst facilities for away clubs -

Best ground (condition)-
Worst ground (condition)-

Best social rooms -
Worst social rooms -

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) -
Worst blokes to play against

Like where your heads at Lefty. Here are Large John's responses:
Best facilities for away clubs - MHSOB
Worst facilities for away clubs - Essendon Grammar or Ormond

Best ground (condition)- Trinity Playing Fields, Bulleen by a long way
Worst ground (condition)- WA Scammel or Ted Ajani

Best social rooms - ???? Didn't go to any apart from OT, Bulleen.
Worst social rooms - Ormond, dont think they have any.

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - OEG, MHSOB
Worst blokes to play against - BT & Ormond (?? Non really stand out)

Worst facilities for away clubs - Essendon Grammar or BT

Best ground (condition)- didnt play at trinity so for me, maybe OE
Worst ground (condition)- BT

Best social rooms - ???? Bentleigh
Worst social rooms - Ormond

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - Ivenhoe
Worst blokes to play against - BT

Worst facilities for away clubs - Essendon Grammar or BT

Best ground (condition)- didnt play at trinity so for me, maybe OE
Worst ground (condition)- BT

Best social rooms - ???? Bentleigh
Worst social rooms - Ormond

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - Ivenhoe
Worst blokes to play against - BT

Not holding a grudge or anything perfect?

Not holding a grudge or anything perfect?

ok here are my reason.. hope it clears it up for you

ur away rooms were a kitchen, very small n not much for the trainers to work with and average showers... same reason i put old ess in there as well

ground isnt in great nick but none are would had to choose one either BT or old mentone as wel played them on their back oval!

and thirdly dont mind playing against any team to be honest but obiously the bentleigh and BT game was called off for a mellee so clearly tips it in their favor

hope this clears it up for you mate

MHSOB year in review-
Due to year 12 commitments and copious amounts of injuries, the majority of the season has been overshaddowed by a severe lack of numbers from week to week. The last 3 weeks have been an indicator of what to expect next season (which will unfortunately be in 19's south). With 25 players to choose from in these past few weeks, team performance has improved. With many talented players (unable to play over 3-4 games this season) already commiting to next season, an improved performance in south, and a subsequent promotion back to 19's (3) could be imminent. With dissapointing back to back 40 point defeats against OI and Ormond respectively to end the season, good signs have been shown for next year.

My tip to win the flag- Ormond.

cheers

B - Frazier (ORM) Remboulis (OE) Rendell (MHSOB)

HB- Wardley (Orm) Trevaskis (OE) Te Heneppe (ORM)

C - Derks-Revere (Oak) Spargo (OI) Lucisioano (BT)

HF - Simpson (ORM) Paola (OAK) R.Mcdonald (OT)

F - Delmonte (OI) Edwards (OAK) Benson (OE) +

Rucks
Greer (OI) +
Jones (OE)
Gieschen (OI)

Bench (from):
Weston (OI)
Monaco (BT)
Cerentonio (OE)
Nichol (OI)
Humann (OT)
Daperis (OM)
Rodwell (Orm)
Rogers (OE)

Found it hard to keep the bench to 4... Sorry if i forgot anyone

Well done to all those that finished up on the weekend, good luck on the mad monday!

For those still in the finals, wanna hear some predictions from the people in the know.

Knight Rider, White, Big pineapple, ect. - what happened on Sat - where is the improvement coming from.

Mega Jim - One last message for he people?

OI, Orm and Oak people - Plans for the finals?

LFK - The most respected man on bigfooty - tips for finals/plans for next year/dream team/league B n F

Finally, the most important and well respected man in Div 3 gives his "Team of the Year".

B - Frazier (Orm) Remboulis (OE) Rendall (MHSOB)

HB - Trevaskis (OE) Fridman (BENT) Moloney (ORM)

C - Coulsen-Hoffacker (TRI) Jones (OE) Lusciano (BT)

HF - Rodwell (Orm) Spargo (OI) Geischen (OI)

F - Delmonte (OI) Edwards (Oak) McDonald (TRI)

R - Benson (OE) Te Hennepe (Orm) Rogers (OE)

Bench - Greer (OI) Cerantonio (OE) Nichol (OI) Humann (TRI)

Honourable mentions include: Weston, Monaco, Paola, Daperis, Bell, Beaton.

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great honour to present to you........."Large John's Extra Large Under 19 Division 3 Dream Team"

B - Frazier (Orm) Remboulis (OE) Daperis (OM)

HB - Trevaskis (OE) Fridman (BENT) Wardley (ORM)

C - Coulsen-Hoffacker (OT) Jones (OE) Lusciano (BT)

HF - Rodwell (Orm) McDonald (OT) Humann (OT)

F - Delmonte (OI) Edwards (Oak) Geischen (OI)

R - Benson (OE) Te Hennepe (Orm) Spargo (OI)

Bench - Greer (OI) Cerantonio (OE) Paola (Oak) Beaton (OT)

Honourable mentions include: Meyers, McIntyre, Monaco, Weston, Rendell, Bell, Tickell and who could forget.... Huynkie

Geez LJ - everyone, including yourself, has slotted the OTs captain in their Dream Team. Must have had a very impressive season!!!

Given the thinning of the senior list over the 2006/07 off-season - was it not unreasonable to expect the kid would've snagged a senior game or two?

Maybe the departure of the current senior coach will enhance this lad's chances of stepping straight into the senior ranks upon graduation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here we are...week 1 of the finals series and some great matches are in store for the football fan. Finals is where the cream rises to the top and this week we get to see just who is the cream.

Semi-Final 1
Ormond v Oakleigh

Having played each other twice through the season, Ormond have the edge with 2 wins over their opposition. The second game was a blow out with Ormond easily accounting for Oakleigh, however both games have been played on small grounds.

Ormond are the big favourites according to those in the know but I'm not so sure this game is done and dusted. Oakleigh have Edwards and Paola, both good forwards that will cause trouble for the Ormond defence. The team also has Borland and Derks-Revere as solid running players who will take it up to Te Hennepe and co. For Ormond, Rodwell and Lack are both dangerous whilst Moloney across half back provides plenty of rebound.

On the bigger Gillion Oval, Oakleigh aren't without hope of winning this match but Ormond are probably more physical and carry a little more class. Ormond to reach the prelim by 4 goals.

Semi-Final 2
Ivanhoe v Essendon

Must has been written about these two teams through the year and Ivanhoe have the chocolates on both occassions. I wouldn't be reading too much into last week with Essendon without key players. However, rumour has it many of them won't be available again this weekend.

Ivanhoe will look to the usual suspects of Delmonte, Geischen and Greer to win the match so if Essendon can find a way to shut them down, the game could be there for the taking. Will the big ground suit either side in particular, I don't think so.

Will be an exciting and entertaining match and given my bias, I won't dare tip a winner of this match!

Finally, John Aitken...what a disgracefully piece of literature you wrote about Essendon in the record this weekend! At least comment on both sides and show your knowledge of the division, because what you haven't realised is that parents, supporters etc. do read the report and would find it immature for such a man or "boy" to make comments such as yours. I do hope next week you write something intellegent.

ps. I will hold you to the bet around the tan!!!

The first round of finals are over, with Ivanhoe advancing to the grand final surprisingly easily, and ormond showing why many see them as the biggest threat to Old Ivanhoes reign at the top. So what can we expect from the Old Essendon Vs Ormond game?

- Can Ormond stop Benson? or the strong OE midfield?
- Will Ormonds size be to much for OE?
- Any major injuries from the weekend?

Also,
- Who would OI rather play?
- Who has the best chance of beating OI? Can either team beat them?

Murphy some good questions there which will hopefully get this thread up and running again.

I dont think its about stopping benson, he's bigger than anyone in the comp, so its more about playing to him. Also i think that the Ormond midfield can match it with OE. Ormond will make OE work all day, and that's probably the big question mark over OE right now, if they can go for 4 qrts. I don't think size will be much of a factor, Ormond are generally bigger but OE have more key position players.

OI would probably want to play OE seeing as they just beat them. However with that said OE have seen the best of OI and can make their own adjustments, this will mean if OE get through to the GF than it will be closer game then the 2nd semi.

Ormond has more of a hope of beating them OI, they've done so already. Either way i think we're in for one hell of a match on the w/e and maybe even a better Grand Final.

Sandman Says: Ormond by 3 goals this week.
OI by 5 goals the following.
Good luck to the final 3, don't think that there is much argument that they are the 3 best!!!

I think Ivanhoe would rather play Ormond in a Grand Final because they know that it would take one hell of an effort to beat them. Apparently Ivanhoe took the game against Ormond far too easily and won't again if they were to meet.

Essendon made Ivanhoe look second rate in the 3rd quarter on the weekend and had the Ivanhoe coaches scratching their heads at how to shut down the side. At one stage they thought the margin could be significantly cut. If Essendon can produce 4 quarters like that one then the side wil beat Ivanhoe!

Ormond are quite tall, however Essendon also have some tall players and given they've beaten them twice I don't think Essendon will be too concerned with Ormond this weekend.

God put rardo in for 4 qauters on his own and you have yourself a premiership!

Its taking this long for me too say it but its fact... i am a star footballer...

I think Ivanhoe would rather play Ormond in a Grand Final because they know that it would take one hell of an effort to beat them. Apparently Ivanhoe took the game against Ormond far too easily and won't again if they were to meet.

Essendon made Ivanhoe look second rate in the 3rd quarter on the weekend and had the Ivanhoe coaches scratching their heads at how to shut down the side. At one stage they thought the margin could be significantly cut. If Essendon can produce 4 quarters like that one then the side wil beat Ivanhoe!

Ormond are quite tall, however Essendon also have some tall players and given they've beaten them twice I don't think Essendon will be too concerned with Ormond this weekend.

The average of the loosing margin for the three games OI vs OE is 55 points.

OE had some of their best players out in Round 18 and they performed better that their full strength team on Sunday.

10 minutes in a whole game doesn't warrant "a scratch".

Before you open your orifice again, get past Ormond.

Watch for OI to release their secret weapon in the GF.

Seeing as we have enough OE boys on he I thought I might jump on and give an insight from the other side for this weeks game...

My thoughts and predictions have not changed all year and I still believe it will be an OI v. Ormond Grand Final... However for the moment lets look at the OE v. Ormond match...

I agree, OE have a strong mid-field, and have beaten Ormond on both occasions, have ever, this week, and when it counts most, Ormond will walk away with the bickiesss!

You boys talk about who will stop Benson, however I put forward to you a few names that I would like to see on saturday could stop them...

RODWELL, TE HENEPPE, KEANE??? just a few that jump of the top of my head, could easily add another 5-7 to the list...

Anyhow, looking forward to it on Saturday, should be a good game!

Seeing as we have enough OE boys on he I thought I might jump on and give an insight from the other side for this weeks game...

My thoughts and predictions have not changed all year and I still believe it will be an OI v. Ormond Grand Final... However for the moment lets look at the OE v. Ormond match...

I agree, OE have a strong mid-field, and have beaten Ormond on both occasions, have ever, this week, and when it counts most, Ormond will walk away with the bickiesss!

You boys talk about who will stop Benson, however I put forward to you a few names that I would like to see on saturday could stop them...

RODWELL, TE HENEPPE, KEANE??? just a few that jump of the top of my head, could easily add another 5-7 to the list...

Anyhow, looking forward to it on Saturday, should be a good game!
Over both games against Ormond I think you'll find none of their good players got near it enough to warrant concern. Lack got 1 goal last time, Rodwell was average, Keane didn't cause damage, Simpson did nothing and Allan kicked a goal.

The secret weapon would want to be good because it can't be a new player as the eligibility rules prevent senior players from getting a gig! Also, I'd imagine dropping a bloke for a "blow-in" on grand final day might not sit well with a few of the regular players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back