Vale Grand Uncle Horace, a great man

Remove this Banner Ad

Take it easy Grand Uncle Horace šŸ™‚ Health and anything r/l always comes first.

The good thing about this game is it doesnā€™t have to be a priority but when you feel inclined to pop in, the community will still be here šŸ‘šŸ»

Hello Clarkey and other well wishers. Apologies for the evaporation but could not be helped.

Health has been annoying and typing is difficult but can crank this out.

Hoping for a 'grand' Bloods win today and a Wonders' triumph tomorrow.

Gotta love the Sweet FA.

Chief ClarkeM Moz
Keep fighting the good fight mate. :)

Someone needs to keep the young whippersnappers in shape.

Thank goodness!! I was about to sell my shares in Acme Colostomy Bags!!

Hope youā€™re in a good place Gramps, looking forward to reading some more of your anachronistic antecedent anecdotes.

Rest easy GUH, thank-you for being there mate and you'll be truly missed at the Wonders

Praying Thinking Of You GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Legitimately gutting news.

Not only one of my favourite bigfooty posters of all time, but a brilliant person.

A poster who always had a way to make me smile, no matter how shitty a mood I was in, and was beloved on the Swans board as well.

Rest in peace GUH, will hoist a glass for you tonight

I'm glad you posted before I was forced to say something nice about you.

Well now it looks like Iā€™m forced to.

Horry was a funny bloke. A thorn in the sides of North posters across the board for sure. Man he hated North. Treated the Royals and Warriors the same which means I thought we wouldnā€™t click and he was good for the occasional private message for a little chat and some clearly seething positivity about the above entities. He was pretty unflappable though and even adopted the Grand Uncle moniker after I decided to find him the creepiest name possible. He was a die hard Wonder as much as he was a Swan and he will be missed in the werewolf community too.

Thereā€™s probably a lot of people that got to see behind his persona so Iā€™m sure a lot of people are going to feel down in here. Weā€™ve bookended the off season (or came close to) with two prominent Swans aligned posters with plenty of history in the Sweet FA leaving us when we remember miggs too. RIP Horry.

Horry really made me laugh around here, and I am grateful for that. Horry really added to this board in a meaningful way.

Condolences to all impacted. Vale, Horry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have something in my eyes.

Grand Uncle Horace ... just recently I joked in a thread about he and I were the oldest on big footy, I'd tag him in and hed reply sarcastically, he'd tag me and I'd do the same.

Sweet FA without Horrie wonā€™t be the same. A sharp wit and a keen sense of humour. The man in the toga will be sorely missed.

Really sad to hear.
I really like GUH.
He was one of the first opposition posters I interacted with, I remember him sending me a PM to make sure I knew was all good fun .
He was good company and added a lot to the board.
RIP

Oh man, I'm at a loss for words... Horrie was an absolute legend. Loved his WW games, especially The Faraway Tree one. He really had a wonderful imagination, great sense of humour, and took all our jokes about him being from Caesar's time on the chin. I will miss him a great deal. RIP :(

It was apparent that Horrie was special when I couldn't help but like the man despite his indomitable hatred for my foopy club. I'll always remember he was the first person to reach out after I had an awful melt in my first werewolf game with some incredibly kind words.

There's no doubt he has left a lasting legacy on this site and the SFA forum in particular. It was an honour to have crossed paths with the great man.

Sweet FA without Horrie wonā€™t be the same. A sharp wit and a keen sense of humour. The man in the toga will be sorely missed.

This. If I had to name some of the icons of the SFA, he's on the list.

A very sad loss for the SFA community.

Even though we knew this day would come for some time it still devastating. One of my all time fave Ding recruits to Sweet. He took to it straight away and was huge presence in the Wonders and loved the shenanigans we came up with, esp the fun we had with the Last Dance. RIP Fos

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Grand Uncle Horace, a great man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back