Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnie over the Australian summer didn't even look sick and he was doing quite a few youtube interviews, one only 2 weeks before his death.. shows how short life can be.

Credit to Lord's with their tribute to Warnie last night along with the players and the Sky commentators, it was really well done and quite moving..

A fitting tribute to a great of the game at the greatest cricket ground in the world, it just showed how respected Warnie is in England as well as here.

Warnie over the Australian summer didn't even look sick and he was doing quite a few youtube interviews, one only 2 weeks before his death.. shows how short life can be.

It's still hard to believe he is gone, he was just his usual larger than life self right up until the very end, such a shock to hear the news he had died.

One of the few celebrity deaths which genuinely shocked me, just seemed like he'd live forever, cricket so much less without him, but the game is greater for him and what he achieved and how he spread the word of our great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the few celebrity deaths which genuinely shocked me, just seemed like he'd live forever, cricket so much less without him, but the game is greater for him and what he achieved and how he spread the word of our great game.

Warne and Steve Irwin are the two that really stuck with me. Michael Jackson to a lesser extent but you always thought he could die young.

I'm not a particularly sentimental person but it still gives me pause to think that Shane Warne is not still with us while I'm still lucky enough to be walking around. Lived a massive life and left a genuine legacy.

Before Warne I'd never seen a spin bowler turn the ball as much as he did, now fingers spinners are turning the ball 20+ degrees eight overs into the first day's play. He changed the game, I used to think for the better, but after the recent tests in India I'm not entirely sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back