VB Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing reported on the AFC Facebook feed. Seems he is definitely out, Bock still seems a chance, but 6 weeks is fair slab of time without a game...:eek:

Article in the poowertiser says VB failed to come up at training, but that Bock trained well and is a possibility. Anyone who was at training that can comment?

Bit hard when the public are banned from the Wednesday training sessions.

-Ben

Article on the AFC Website

van Berlo out, but Bock a chance

By Katrina Gill
3:30 PM Wed 09 September, 2009

Nathan van Berlo will not be lining up against Collingwood on Saturday night

ADELAIDE midfielder Nathan van Berlo has been ruled out of Saturday night’s semi-final clash with Collingwood at the MCG, but defender Nathan Bock is a chance to return after getting through the club’s main training session....

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/84471/default.aspx

Could be a blessing in disguise. Douglas showed some things last week that we haven't seen since his rookie year so this looms as a golden opportunity for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the 22 we play are fit healthy and firing on all 8 works for me,Besides cloke wont have any influence as he has only averaged 1.7 goals this year.The only influence he will have if he speaks to his CH brother on how to play the Crows in a Prelim

Cant wait to see your matchups Jen. No VB, no Shirley. Lets play Douglas on Didak, Dougy will kill him.:rolleyes:

Look, I can see the benefits of Shirley against a side like Geelong where their midfield is top notch. Not saying that Didak doesn't need to be tagged but we do have Doughty. I'd much rather us play a more attacking (as in the previous weeks) style of footy than go negative. Then THEY have to worry about us and what we do.

Doughty on Didak.
Johncock on Davis.
Vince on Swan (big H2H battle).

:thumbsu:

Agree with these match-ups, but id Davis is playing in the middle i wouldn't want Johncock to follow him. Johncock has be absolutely awesome rebounding off the back line and I wouldn't use him to tag Davis all over the ground.

On the note, I don't see any point changing a team that has been winning by more the 10 goals in their last 2 games. I'd much rather keep Douglas in then bring Shirley in to be honest, especially because of the brand of footy we're playing at the moment.

Keep the same 22 and lets beat the pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

VB Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back