Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires giving away free kicks and 50m penalties to Hawthorn didn’t help either
i thought we all promised to never bring up some of those ****ing bullshit 50s

Oh... oh man. I apologize for bringing it back up... FWIW I was talking about our "premiership window" lamenting that era; not of any particular game or final (where the topic went)

Ultimately we weren't good enough. Ultimately our window came at the cusp a triple premiership dynasty. It's just rotten luck that last part. But in 2015 we could have ended the Hawthorn streak off our own bat. In a year we finished top the ladder. And we fumbled it, AT HOME, of all places.

I routinely watch back the 2013 grand final in other years (in weeks like GF week) because its bitter sweet loving that Pav and Mundy got to the big dance. They deserved that at least from a dedicated career. I think Isaac Smith is the moment we lost. There is the famous anecdote that Hodge pulled him up and had the group not overly celebrate early. But the momentum of that goal, the crowd getting up, can't be denied.

Collingwood had some outside 50 monsters that acted the same way for their group in key moments. They are BIG in grand finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute clarity of why we're going backwards fast - every year we give experience away instead of building a strong and deep culture.

Make all the excuses you want about why but that's all they are, excuses. we're a rabble, have been our whole existence.

Quite simply - the great teams of the comp, including the WCE, just dont lose players and dont turn over the volume of players anything like we do.

Absolute clarity of why we're going backwards fast - every year we give experience away instead of building a strong and deep culture.

Make all the excuses you want about why but that's all they are, excuses. we're a rabble, have been our whole existence.

Quite simply - the great teams of the comp, including the WCE, just dont lose players and dont turn over the volume of players anything like we do.

The great teams of the comp have training facilities in desirable locations.

I've kind of settled on the fact that we're not going to be having a shot at a flag until Darcy & Brayshaw etc are our seniors at 30+ and we've had to endure another bottom out of drafting talent and rebuilding the list again under their leadership. Constantly losing depth and role-players in certain age groups whilst in strike range has now just forced that. JUST FOR A CHANCE!

Trash management and trash coaching even if Schultz somehow stays. Looking at the people who run this club and are employed at it outside of the playing list makes me want to ****ing vomit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back