Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell was hogan actually doing at freo. Until it’s explained I can’t feel happy for him.

My cousin knew him quite well - a mixture of injuries, mental health (grief and personal) and immaturity.

Where does the drugs BS come from people? Is it proven? I had never heard anything like that.

Believe it or not the culture at Freo wasn't at an all time peak when he joined - Neale had just left due to culture issues, and there were a handful of players on the list lacking real integrity. Also, there were coaches and assistants who just didn't connect with the players at all (they've all since left the club).

When he was let go he really was at his absolute lowest, and his turnaround in Sydney came from enormous personal discipline, and it was really only possible in a non-footy state, because he's completely incognito over there. It's actually quite an incredible story, it's just unfortunate that Freo (as often occurs) is on the wrong side of the narrative.

My only remaining ponderance is could such a reinvention have been possible if he remained at Freo? What if the club persevered with him, the culture at Freo from all reports is elite and mature now - maybe he would've turned things around and become the goal-kicking beast he is now.

Will never know.

My cousin knew him quite well - a mixture of injuries, mental health (grief and personal) and immaturity.

Where does the drugs BS come from people? Is it proven? I had never heard anything like that.

Believe it or not the culture at Freo wasn't at an all time peak when he joined - Neale had just left due to culture issues, and there were a handful of players on the list lacking real integrity. Also, there were coaches and assistants who just didn't connect with the players at all (they've all since left the club).

When he was let go he really was at his absolute lowest, and his turnaround in Sydney came from enormous personal discipline, and it was really only possible in a non-footy state, because he's completely incognito over there. It's actually quite an incredible story, it's just unfortunate that Freo (as often occurs) is on the wrong side of the narrative.

My only remaining ponderance is could such a reinvention have been possible if he remained at Freo? What if the club persevered with him, the culture at Freo from all reports is elite and mature now - maybe he would've turned things around and become the goal-kicking beast he is now.

Will never know.
What a well reasoned and thought out post.

Get out of my vent thread ....or at a minimum add an angry face emoji and 2 abusive words.

Will never know.
Great post. Hard not to be angry at Hogan when we got such a raw deal out of him.

However, good to see a troubled young bloke turn it all around. Hard to begrudge seeing him do well even if it stings

Will never know.

No chance, IMO. Not with the WA media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a well reasoned and thought out post.

Get out of my vent thread ....or at a minimum add an angry face emoji and 2 abusive words.

I was waiting for someone to post I'm the review thread first - there were loads of whataboutery Hogan posts on the GameDay threads.

There's a lot pissing me off about Freo right now but letting Hogan go back in the day was 100% the right call.

I was waiting for someone to post I'm the review thread first - there were loads of whataboutery Hogan posts on the GameDay threads.

There's a lot pissing me off about Freo right now but letting Hogan go back in the day was 100% the right call.
That's better but your last dozen letters let you down.

Try .....when did Hogan get a restraining order on Cox and did JLo know?

It's just so Dockery that we need to rely on Carlton to do us a solid by losing one of their last two games.

I mean ****en lol, by losing in 2022 they ensured we finished 5th instead of Top 4.

Now they'll ensure they win the final two, with us beating Port next week to break our hearts beyond repair.

My Weagles mates are ALL hoping they lose tomorrow so this happens - in their eyes they've done enough to show they're heading in the right direction and want a higher draft pick.

Blues will win in a close game that makes both putrid clubs happy - Eagles will have shown 'grit' but also sinking our season.

Ross Lyon spudding up the Saints next week will be the death nail in the season. Jesse 'Hero' Hogan played his role today, we just need Liam Henry to turn the ball over to Blake Acres in the final round to ensure Carlton play finals.

It's just so Dockery that we need to rely on Carlton to do us a solid by losing one of their last two games.

I mean ****en lol, by losing in 2022 they ensured we finished 5th instead of Top 4.

Now they'll ensure they win the final two, with us beating Port next week to break our hearts beyond repair.

My Weagles mates are ALL hoping they lose tomorrow so this happens - in their eyes they've done enough to show they're heading in the right direction and want a higher draft pick.

Blues will win in a close game that makes both putrid clubs happy - Eagles will have shown 'grit' but also sinking our season.

Ross Lyon spudding up the Saints next week will be the death nail in the season.
apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

Is it true that Hogan also didn't really want to be here towards the end of his short run? Know someone who went to school with him and just want to confirm if that's true?

I wouldn't blame him honestly, his best chances of turning it around were from going to a club where the media wouldn't hound him, and he's done just that, proud of the bloke.

F*k this competition

The ride Collingwood get is just farcical

GAGF VFL you cheating campaigners 🖕

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back