Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

We have depth, we just don’t play them!
Fyfe:Brodie
Johnson: Ras
Darcy: Reidy
Treacy: Voss
When Fyfe and Johnson were both out we only played Ras (then subbed him off)
When Darcy is out we rotate Jackson into the ruck, Treacy into fwd/ruck and play Voss forward. When Darcy and Treacy are out we bring in Tabs!
The whole “next man up” mantra only works if you adhere to it and maintain structure. We sacrifice structure to play favourites and the team suffers as a result.

This is a legit one. We have no depth to our list. Treacy goes down we screwed. Darcy goes down,Jackson screwed. Midfield ditto. Backs Alex goes down bang!!! done yet we will use all are high end picks and draft Bolton when we could try to cover all the areas when one goes down we become a laughing stock

Sam Sturt was an early pick about 4 years ago and only just became a regular. Erasmus and Brodie were early picks and can't get a game. Cooper Simpson shows promise but can't get a sniff. Draft picks are over rated, how many top ten picks at the Swans and Geelong?

Going to the draft doesn't help our depth next year or 2026. Going to the draft gives us depth for 2027 and beyond but our window is now. We're a centre clearance against Essendon and an umpiring decision against the Blues away from top 2.

I would say no depth, yet. Another pre season into Simpson, Davies, Murphy, NOD, Erasmus, Knobel, and maybe Kuek and Stanley and we'll have decent depth.

Voss should still improve from here as well. If Voss can spend all summer learning how to mark then he can be an AFL player.

Trades in the off season may push quality players out of the 22 and make our depth better also.
... Voss needs to learn how to kick as well.

Sam Sturt was an early pick about 4 years ago and only just became a regular. Erasmus and Brodie were early picks and can't get a game. Cooper Simpson shows promise but can't get a sniff. Draft picks are over rated, how many top ten picks at the Swans and Geelong?

Going to the draft doesn't help our depth next year or 2026. Going to the draft gives us depth for 2027 and beyond but our window is now. We're a centre clearance against Essendon and an umpiring decision against the Blues away from top 2.

It’s not the trades it’s the price , blockbuster trades don’t work out so often surely teams are wising up

Massive draft cost = Massive salary = Massive pressure

It’s the off broadway good value trades that seem to be making the difference these days

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah but are indifferent trades keeping players out? I like JOM but we inclined to play him based on what he cost and inevitably he takes Erasmus out. Erasmus needs some confidence building by being regularly picked at AFL level.

It’s not the trades it’s the price , blockbuster trades don’t work out so often surely teams are wising up

Massive draft cost = Massive salary = Massive pressure

It’s the off broadway good value trades that seem to be making the difference these days

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like Jeremy Cameron, Jake lever, Steven May etc?

The blockbuster trades can and do work.

It’s on the club identifying the right player, at the right time. Irrespective of the cost or value.

I haven't vented for a while

So here goes

How can I take the match committee serious when we bring in tabs to replace Darcey? Reidy should have played last week.

Freo are looking like they will miss finals.

I cannot believe it considering how good Serong Brayshaw and Young are currently playing. I'd be livid if I was them.

I haven't vented for a while

So here goes

How can I take the match committee serious when we bring in tabs to replace Darcey? Reidy should have played last week.

Freo are looking like they will miss finals.

I cannot believe it considering how good Serong Brayshaw and Young are currently playing. I'd be livid if I was them.
Nah. Mids have been good overall, but there are times at crucial points in games they haven't stepped up

Nah. Mids have been good overall, but there are times at crucial points in games they haven't stepped up

This is a vent thread

Maybe we should replace them for a midfield consisting on 3 Banfields and see how we would be the worst team in the afl

This is a vent thread

Maybe we should replace them for a midfield consisting on 3 Banfields and see how we would be the worst team in the afl
So? Am I not allowed to respond to your post or are you expecting just to scream into the void

Not sure how you twisted it to be about banners. But seeing we can't clone people yet, perhaps even one banners at CBA in the last ten mins of the bombers game perhaps could of won a clearance.. who knows lol 🤣😂🙄

So? Am I not allowed to respond to your post or are you expecting just to scream into the void

Not sure how you twisted it to be about banners. But seeing we can't clone people yet, perhaps even one banners at CBA in the last ten mins of the bombers game perhaps could of won a clearance.. who knows lol 🤣😂🙄
Would have applied more pressure than Aish

Would have applied more pressure than Aish
I’ve been calling for Aish to be put out to pasture months ago. Finally the match committee saw what was obvious. If we are serious about becoming a finals team Aish will remain at peel similar to Tabs, Hughes etc.
He has been a decent foot soldier when we were a non finals side but it’s expected and natural that the likes of Johnson and Walker and Wagner now move past him if we are genuinely improving.
There would be something wrong if they weren’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back