Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Ryan potentially being AA is a bigger travesty than putting inside mids in the forward line and picking no wingers, he’s a stat hunting liability
Stats have never meant less than they do in todays afl. Some players dont even play on a player and other players have a player on them who's primary job is to close them down. I agree Luke's stats in recent times exaggerate his level of performance.

What's freo got to do with anything? I'm saying hawks are a good chance to get knocked round one because they haven't performed against top 8 teams this season.

We won't make finals because we failed to close out games against top 8 teams. Not relevant to Hawks performance.
No Will Day is going to expose their depth he looked hurt

Let’s see how they go in the finals

Love love love Pearce but Cox is on a 6 year deal so his game shouldn't revolve entirely around someone else playing.
You're right, but unofrtunately that's the reality of it right now. I hope Cox can do some serious work in the off-season and go back to producing the high level football we know that he can.

Cox played like absolute shit, but he is clearly still hampered and hasn’t moved like he did prior to injury this whole year! That doesn’t explain the lapses in concentration that let Hogan sneak off sideways several time and the coach would be furious about that.
Having said that, the coach should have made the switch a lot earlier, it would have been disruptive but swinging Draper on to Hogan and Chapman on to cadman would have meant we at least had players who could go with them, allowing Cox to play his natural role of reading the play and being 3rd man up. That’s on the coach.
While I’m venting, has Clark completely forgotten he’s in the backline and his primary role is to stop Daniels running amuck? Think all the games he’s been subject to a hard tag has messed with his thinking and he’s trying to get away from his opponent rather than sticking to them like glue.

Cox played like absolute shit, but he is clearly still hampered and hasn’t moved like he did prior to injury this whole year! That doesn’t explain the lapses in concentration that let Hogan sneak off sideways several time and the coach would be furious about that.
Having said that, the coach should have made the switch a lot earlier, it would have been disruptive but swinging Draper on to Hogan and Chapman on to cadman would have meant we at least had players who could go with them, allowing Cox to play his natural role of reading the play and being 3rd man up. That’s on the coach.
While I’m venting, has Clark completely forgotten he’s in the backline and his primary role is to stop Daniels running amuck? Think all the games he’s been subject to a hard tag has messed with his thinking and he’s trying to get away from his opponent rather than sticking to them like glue.
Think it's been mentioned but I think Draper was initially on Jesse to start, but after the first one or two contests and getting beaten they switched it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats have never meant less than they do in todays afl. Some players dont even play on a player and other players have a player on them who's primary job is to close them down. I agree Luke's stats in recent times exaggerate his level of performance.
Stata are for the Fantasy footy and super coach football followers.
What actually happens on the field of play means nothing to them.
They can not see a game throughtheir own eyes, they rely on those like WAN King to spew forth stat after stat, Spoken bile.

I've just guaranteed us making finals and playing on the Sat night (14th). My in-laws are having an anniversary dinner on that night. I won't be able to watch or follow any footy that night. So, we are guaranteed to make it and play that night.
Your in-laws deserve an all expenses paid invite to the B&F if this actually happens!

With Port/Freo games the home team has won for the last 10 years. I can see that trend being broken this weekend.
we broke that trend with our own shitness last year

This is the worst case scenario in my eyes, and I think a lot of these will happen.

Overpaying for Bolton for multiple firsts and 1.2 million a year, with not much coming back plus pushing out players.
Sturt leaving - I am assuming for unders. Late 2nd or 3rd round pick
Switta leaving - late 3rd round pick
Baker going to the eagles
Banfield playing 15+ games next year
Winder going to another club
Darcy, Cox and Ryan not dropping any weight over the off season.
Fremantle only having Dealan as a small forward on our list at the start of next year. (Bolton is not counted)
We sign Jack Martin.

Best case Scenario

Bolton goes to eagles
Baker for pick 25
Sturt extends for 3 years
Switta stays
Winder joins freo
Richards joins freo
We draft Berry at 16, plus two good outside mids who can play forward
Banfield plays 2-4 games to cover an injury.

Last edited:
This is the worst case scenario in my eyes, and I think a lot of these will happen.

Overpaying for Bolton for multiple firsts and 1.2 million a year, with not much coming back plus pushing out players.
Fremantle only having Dealan as a small forward on our list at the start of next year. (Bolton is not counted)

Simpson in this scenario

ozzie-smith-homer-at-the-bat.gif

I’m far from an eternal optimist but geez, this is too much pessimism in one post.
Our trade failures in the past have nothing to do with trading for Bolton.
While I’m reserved on Bolton to an extent and have my own biases (I said before that I would prefer Kozzie or the young Kalamunda bloke at GWS), getting Bolton definitely makes us a better team instantly and by some margin. And the most important part is it seems he wants to play for us (how else is this even a discussion about a player with 4 years left on his contract).

While I’m worried about Sturt possibly leaving (no evidence to suggest that he is yet anyway) I have a feeling he will sign the extension.

Either way, going full draft at this stage would be a mistake. (As echoed by majority here)

I’m far from an eternal optimist but geez, this is too much pessimism in one post.
Our trade failures in the past have nothing to do with trading for Bolton.
While I’m reserved on Bolton to an extent and have my own biases (I said before that I would prefer Kozzie or the young Kalamunda bloke at GWS), getting Bolton definitely makes us a better team instantly and by some margin. And the most important part is it seems he wants to play for us (how else is this even a discussion about a player with 4 years left on his contract).

While I’m worried about Sturt possibly leaving (no evidence to suggest that he is yet anyway) I have a feeling he will sign the extension.

Either way, going full draft at this stage would be a mistake. (As echoed by majority here)
Our trade failures in the past involved us overpaying to bring in players, and trading out good players for peanuts.

Also picking the wrong players to bring in.

I can't wait to see Sturt re-sign so people can stop overthinking and being dramatic about the situation, talk about making early calls.
I think its highly likely Sturt just wanted to concentrate on his on field performance so he put off contract talks and he'll sign as soon as the season is finished. Aish did the same not long ago as he signed on as soon as the season finished and he wasn't ever going anywhere.

I think its highly likely Sturt just wanted to concentrate on his on field performance so he put off contract talks and he'll sign as soon as the season is finished. Aish did the same not long ago as he signed on as soon as the season finished and he wasn't ever going anywhere.
He's most likely just assessing his options and waiting until the end of the season.

Yet because of that everyone is pretending the sky is falling and acting as if he's already out the door.

i cant see any of those tings happening. Ive seen some glass half empty posts in my time but yours would be an extreme example. I think we'll get both Baker and Bolton in a trade where we give up a lot of trade capital in return for Richmond paying a ton of Boltons salary, Believe or not if Richmond don't pay parts of Rioli's and Bolton's salary and they trade them for picks they risks not meeting the afl's minimum cap requirements.

When injury free Ryan, Cox and Darcy are all very hard trainers. Cox in particular was looking superb last preseason before his injury but I would worry about their commitment to training.

Switta's got two years to run on his contract he stays unless a very good offer is made just like Lobb when he wanted to go to GWS and a trade couldn't get done.

I also very much doubt Sturt's going anywhere as Ive heard or read nothing to say thats the case and pleyers sign contracts once the season is over.

In honesty moving forward Ive never been more positive about how list is developing. We had the 4th youngest afl list this year and we were one or two quality players away from being top 2 in my opinion. If we add Bolton and Baker I think we'll be contending in 2025. While if you want some extra positive views look up the exploits of WA'sUnder 16 captain Lucas Robinson. He's a Dockers NGA player who looks like being an absolute gun and he'll be available to us in the 2026 draft. Lots to look forward too in the years ahead in my opinion we've never had more reasons to be optimistic.

He's most likely just assessing his options and waiting until the end of the season.

Yet because of that everyone is pretending the sky is falling and acting as if he's already out the door.
I think he's like Aish and he hasn't even considered leaving despite not committing to a contract in the regular season which is why there is no media around him potentially leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back