Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its highly likely Sturt just wanted to concentrate on his on field performance so he put off contract talks and he'll sign as soon as the season is finished. Aish did the same not long ago as he signed on as soon as the season finished and he wasn't ever going anywhere.
The Club also likes to stagger player contract extension announcements.

We’ve had two this week and Sturt will be next week’s exciting announcement.

My cousin knew him quite well - a mixture of injuries, mental health (grief and personal) and immaturity.

Where does the drugs BS come from people? Is it proven? I had never heard anything like that.

Believe it or not the culture at Freo wasn't at an all time peak when he joined - Neale had just left due to culture issues, and there were a handful of players on the list lacking real integrity. Also, there were coaches and assistants who just didn't connect with the players at all (they've all since left the club).

When he was let go he really was at his absolute lowest, and his turnaround in Sydney came from enormous personal discipline, and it was really only possible in a non-footy state, because he's completely incognito over there. It's actually quite an incredible story, it's just unfortunate that Freo (as often occurs) is on the wrong side of the narrative.

My only remaining ponderance is could such a reinvention have been possible if he remained at Freo? What if the club persevered with him, the culture at Freo from all reports is elite and mature now - maybe he would've turned things around and become the goal-kicking beast he is now.

Will never know.

There was that snapchat video of him off his face that did the rounds and stories about benders at Crown. The drug/alcohol stuff is real IMO. GWS probably saved his life, having him live with Mumford and his family was a master stroke. Hogan needed to get out of WA, we should never have picked him up.

There was that snapchat video of him off his face that did the rounds and stories about benders at Crown. The drug/alcohol stuff is real IMO. GWS probably saved his life, having him live with Mumford and his family was a master stroke. Hogan needed to get out of WA, we should never have picked him up.

Mumford who is on video snorting one of the all-time lines? That Mumford?

Love love love Pearce but Cox is on a 6 year deal so his game shouldn't revolve entirely around someone else playing.

Cox missed a big chunk of the pre-season then played half a game then missed 3 or 4 months of footy. In an ideal world he would have come back and played as the 3rd tall but with Pearce and McDonald out and Draper just starting his career Cox gets Hogan and gets exposed for his lack of fitness.

Cox gets a mulligan from me for this year but needs a big summer.

Hogan was well on top at quarter time, Chapman should have gone to him then after playing so well on Jeremy Cameron the week before.

Darcy and Treacy both missing 3 games after the club issuing "nothing to see here" updates. **** off.

If they come out and said Darcy and Treacy won't play this week but we have 100% faith in Reidy and Voss it sends a great message. Playing ducks and drakes then making a change 30 minutes before bounce down for Taberner has cost us a spot in the 8 IMO.

Weak as ****.

In honesty moving forward Ive never been more positive about how list is developing. We had the 4th youngest afl list this year and we were one or two quality players away from being top 2 in my opinion. If we add Bolton and Baker I think we'll be contending in 2025. While if you want some extra positive views look up the exploits of WA'sUnder 16 captain Lucas Robinson. He's a Dockers NGA player who looks like being an absolute gun and he'll be available to us in the 2026 draft. Lots to look forward too in the years ahead in my opinion we've never had more reasons to be optimistic.

I agree. So many of our best 22 have scope to be better next year due to their age. Walker, Draper, Clarke, Johnson, Brayshaw, Serong, Johnson, Treacy, Jackson, Amiss, etc, etc, etc.

The players that have peaked and could go backwards in 2025 are fringe players.

If they come out and said Darcy and Treacy won't play this week but we have 100% faith in Reidy and Voss it sends a great message.

I've never really cared about the club being honest about injuries, but that's a good point. I'd never thought about it from that perspective before.

If they come out and said Darcy and Treacy won't play this week but we have 100% faith in Reidy and Voss it sends a great message. Playing ducks and drakes then making a change 30 minutes before bounce down for Taberner has cost us a spot in the 8 IMO.

Weak as ****.
Pulling Taberner out of the bag when his back has been cooked for two seasons was a ridiculous selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i put out a post before explaining that i thought the rumour came from college.

went and asked some friends recently about all that stuff.

yeah, he was definitely into the drugs and alcohol.

summon mortal kombat GIF

Mentally weak clowns.
So far away from a flag it’s embarrassing.

And if anyone thinks JLs gameplan can win a premiership while we are bottom 4 for pressure, I’ve got some magic beans to sell you.

Where's the fight in Amiss?! With Treacy down, he didn't fire a single shot. Gave us nothing for 3 games when we needed him desperately. Pathetic

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fight?
Mate we are the softest team in the league.
Whatever toughness is - we are the direct opposite.
Would get utterly monstered in big finals with his gameplan and it’s 170 pressure rating so just as well we are out

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back