Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a vent on the Butters reversal.

Watching it on TV, I was under the impression it was paid because the umpires thought O'Driscoll had headbutted him?

But it was clear that O'Driscoll did not, wasn't even close, but Butters collapsed, staging the contact. I knew something was up when he got off the ground and winked to his teammates.

He's the most fined player of all time, I really don't want him staging and being rewarded for it to go unnoticed. He needs to be embarrassed.

Is there any footage out there of the incident?

Genuine question, not taunting...
What was the reasoning this year behind playing Fyfe over Brodie? Surely Brodie brings more as an inside mid than Fyfe these days? Nat was tough to watch at times and not particularly bringing much up fwd.
It's unpopular here, but Brodie is just as useless as Fyfe outside of stoppage.

If Brodie were any good, he would've had suitors for a trade last year after playing 5 games. 2022 is literally the only year he's played more than 10 games in a season. There's a reason for this.

It's unpopular here, but Brodie is just as useless as Fyfe outside of stoppage.

If Brodie were any good, he would've had suitors for a trade last year after playing 5 games. 2022 is literally the only year he's played more than 10 games in a season. There's a reason for this.
Hard to imagine anyone worse than Fyfe outside stoppage. Interesting to see what you do with him next year. Maybe up the turmeric latte intake.
Maybe we can interest you in Will Setterfield?
💩
:truck:

Hard to imagine anyone worse than Fyfe outside stoppage. Interesting to see what you do with him next year. Maybe up the turmeric latte intake.
Maybe we can interest you in Will Setterfield?
💩
:truck:
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Can't bring myself to watch finals. Only the grand final if it's an interesting matchup.

I'm looking forward to my role in local footy wrapping up in the next fortnight.

The world football code club competitions have just started up again (especially in Europe) and Glory play an Australia Cup knockout game on Wednesday. Not a code for everyone but has been an enjoyable alternative for myself.

Genuine question, not taunting...
What was the reasoning this year behind playing Fyfe over Brodie? Surely Brodie brings more as an inside mid than Fyfe these days? Nat was tough to watch at times and not particularly bringing much up fwd.

A lot of us are asking the same question? He's a better kick too, and you are right as Fyfe doesn't offer much after stoppage. Kicked an important goal though

I like a lot what Switta brings, but still he just doesnt kick enough goals, and shirks them when they're there to be kicked.

He overposseses with handball when he should be kicking goals. On one hand it's great he wants to bring his team mates into the game, but i distinctly remember 1 time in the last quarter yesterday (or maybe it was the 3rd) he hand balled instead of snapping on his right. Clutch moments. we need blokes who own it and take the shot - like Dris when he kicked his goal. Dris's kicks are often ugly but gee i like how he backs himself, and interestingly his flour bags often go through!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before people get mad remember this is the vent thread

1 finals campaign in the past 9 years as a club. 1 finals campaign in the past 5 years under Longmuir. 8 finals campaigns in 30 years overall.

Meanwhile Geelong have finished inside the top 4 in 14 out of the last 18 years. Not just top 8, top 4.

The only team in the history of the AFL to be 3rd (equal 2nd) with 4 games remaining and end up missing finals altogether. Had to win just 1 of our last 4, we lost all 4.

3-8, the worst record against other top 8 teams (when we were in the top 8). Those 3 wins being barely scraping over the line against Sydney thanks to Logan McDonald’s miss-kick (our most impressive win of the season given our outs and Sydney being 13-1, but still nearly choked), and vs the Lions and Bulldogs early in the season when they were out of form. Proving our game-plan doesn’t hold up against the better teams.

Only team to lose 5 games this season when leading at 3QT.

1-1-6 record in games decided by 15 points or less. Would’ve been 1-1-7 had Port not kicked a goal in the final 30 seconds last night.

10th season in a row that we’ve finished in the bottom 8 for total points scored. We finished 7th in 2014 and have been in the bottom 8 ever since.

In terms of overall list age, we’ve been amongst the 6 youngest teams in the comp for the past 6 years (since 2019). Likely to be a 7th year in 2025. Terrible list management to allow this to keep happening.

Still get more trade requests from our players than any other club. Whether you rate the players that left or not is besides the point. Unless we offer stupidly long contracts (I think we have the most players signed on till 2027-2030) there’s no incentive for them to stay.

And the same sorry, tired excuses from the fanbase.

He got sucked in, same as Clarke at the start of the game. Cost us 2 goals in a tight game which you cant afford.

Clark needs to be told to start using his brain. Probably cost us the game against Carlton with his mouth running away from him. I don't believe for one moment he was swearing at himself! Reidy just dumb to get involved in that stuff. We are a dumb team at times.

A lot of our players are too poor at being sucked into the contest and giving away silly frees, we need to adopt a mentality of mental toughness and just focusing on going about our game.

Kingy gloating on SEN about us missing finals. I hate that he's been proven right about us...
I mean he's right, our team is too good to miss finals and we have a lot of crucial decisions to be made about our team in the off-season, a lot of the media pundits have ended up being correct about us.

Yet so many Fremantle fans wonder why the media doesn't give us the time of day, it's because we don't deserve it.

Kingy gloating on SEN about us missing finals. I hate that he's been proven right about us...
He wasn't though. His gripe was the high uncontested marking thing not working. We changed that to a higher scoring, more attacking brand and missed.

To be fair to him, he hasn't been as hard on us since we made the change so at least he's somewhat consistent.

Clark needs to be told to start using his brain. Probably cost us the game against Carlton with his mouth running away from him. I don't believe for one moment he was swearing at himself! Reidy just dumb to get involved in that stuff. We are a dumb team at times.
That 50 yesterday was so obviously late. Jesus just stand on the mark.

I would like to change the coaching but then I remember how unremarkable Richmond were until the board brought in Neal Balme, and also added assistant coaches like Leppitsch and they won it the next year, i.e. I would like to bring in Balme and Leppa.

In terms of overall list age, we’ve been amongst the 6 youngest teams in the comp for the past 6 years (since 2019). Likely to be a 7th year in 2025. Terrible list management to allow this to keep happening.
Yet, there are a few on here that want to draft 3 more players in the first round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back