Vent thread vs pies

Remove this Banner Ad

We ****ed up royally when we chucked Voss under the bus. And we are paying for it now.

Yep, something something something Fevola - but Voss learnt from that error.

No choice for me but to stick with Leppa. Not a popular position, sure, but there's nobody else available right now. I doubt any ecperienced coaches would come here anyway - our best 2 coaches (in Brisbane) were Walls and Matthews. Both of those were flag winning coaches prior to arriving and simply likec the challenge as much as the dollars. They were top of the tree competitors who only wanted to do something 'impossible', rather than do so to just add it to a resume.

The most upsetting thing about tonight is that we looked flat, lethargic and disinterested from the very first bounce. We showed no urgency or enthusiasm to win the ball and when we did win the ball we stood around like statues :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

%€÷$$@! ing disgrace! My patience with this side is wearing extreme thin. To lose to a side who on paper look like a reserve side, I am embarrassed to support the Brisbane lions. These guys should forfeit their match payments to charity. Lazy dumb lazy dumb lazy dumb etc.

Yeah - went to my first game in 5 years tonight. Left at quarter time.

With my mental health issues, just getting to the ground was an effort - the last thing I wanted was to go postal on myself and end up floating in the river.

I left simply because we looked disinclined to compete - and ****ed if I was going to risk being driven to leap from the bridge because our players couldn't give a toss.

Footy is an emotional game as a supporter and right now, tonight, I'm not up for that.

Sad thing is, neither is half our list.
:(

We stuffed up royally when we chucked Voss under the bus. And we are paying for it now.

Yep, something something something Fevola - but Voss learnt from that error.

No choice for me but to stick with Leppa. Not a popular position, sure, but there's nobody else available right now. I doubt any ecperienced coaches would come here anyway - our best 2 coaches (in Brisbane) were Walls and Matthews. Both of those were flag winning coaches prior to arriving and simply likec the challenge as much as the dollars. They were top of the tree competitors who only wanted to do something 'impossible', rather than do so to just add it to a resume.
Surely someone like Stuart Dew would be better

Surely someone like Stuart Dew would be better

Don't know - and I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

Loyalty is a two-way street. I think we need to show some. But it's an almost unarguable position, I'll concede that.

Young kids in Brisbane would be mad to not follow the Broncos. Only missed the finals 3 times etc. The lions are a basket case and its been such road back anf there is still years ahead. We were mismanged for years culminating in the sacking of Voss. Better off field since then but gone backwsrds on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vent thread vs pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back