Unofficial Preview Changes vs Bombers Final round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever we do please stop letting our opponent have a 2-on-1 down the line when Joe is in the ruck.

Poor Logan was contesting against Darcy Moore and Howe for large portions of the second quarter yesterday because Oscar was off the ground for about 10 minutes, and he had no chance. If we have that scenario we have to run and carry the footy or find our composure and hit short targets.

Brain missed a few targets although also stopped a few goals..I still happy to have him in
Sharp looked like the pace was too fast his disposal dropped off. Been a lot better by foot in the VFL.
If Berry is no good probably Answerth in. Like others I try Beecken although not sure they will.

If Bruce and Payne ready I play both.
Zorko getting caught out now as they making him accountable. Hence Beecken not be a bad choice.
Joyce not been great since he came back although Payne always takes a bit of time after each foot. so 50-50 there.

As others have said Rayner/Bailey both trying to play the same spot.
Both either on or off.. No in-between.. Hard carrying both.
I feel for Charlie he gets burnt over and over.. He doing a lot more running back and helping out than he done before.
Not sure that is as Morris/Lohmann playing closer or ???

Whatever we do please stop letting our opponent have a 2-on-1 down the line when Joe is in the ruck.

Poor Logan was contesting against Darcy Moore and Howe for large portions of the second quarter yesterday because Oscar was off the ground for about 10 minutes, and he had no chance. If we have that scenario we have to run and carry the footy or find our composure and hit short targets.
That second quarter was the most i have seen our boys panic when the pies were applying the pressure. The amount of times the footy was just slammed on the boot as quick as possible to get it out of the area seemed a hell of a lot.

Last edited:
We're essentially the opposite of Sydney, start well then gradually get worse as the game progresses.
We're actually almost the spitting image of the Swans quarter-by-quarter record in 2023. They had some shocking fade outs last year.

Which gives me some comfort these issues CAN be addressed in a single off/pre-season.

But that requires focus be given to it by the club itself. Whether that will happen is anyone's guess; to increasing extents this has been an issue for nigh on 3 years now.

I was watching the replay and thought we could have used Jansen with his back to the goals in the 2nd quarter.
Wow, we're pulling out the deep cuts?

Why not bring in Harding off the best debut Leigh ever saw!

Would be resting anyone with even a slight niggle, so Berry misses with the hammy no matter how bad.

Would also consider whether Hipwood would benefit from the 3 weeks rest between now and the first final.

Zorko looked a bit sore yesterday and I wonder whether at his age he too may benefit the extra break.

Dunks, with rumours around him carrying a foot injury into the game yesterday. Any lingering effects, you’re sitting next week mate.

Don’t really care who comes in and plays next weeks game but I think the only chance we have of going on a run from 5th is hitting the finals with the best 22 close to as fit as possible. With top 4 gone it’s all about maximising the best way for that to happen now.

I think a win and confidence boost would be better than a week's rest. Get the momentum back for another winning streak that takes us through the rest of the season.

Hopefully JL gets a farewell game.

Could easily come in for the likes of any of Berry (injured), Bailey (selfish), Brain and Sharp (omitted).

Robertson and Prior also ins and potentially Answerth (if not suspended from the VFL) for Joyce given Bombers don't have the tallest of forward lines.

Um ... JL just got another year. Not sure why we'd farewell him this year. Only 30 and was in career best form before the knee injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a win and confidence boost would be better than a week's rest. Get the momentum back for another winning streak that takes us through the rest of the season.
have to finish 5th or 6th , otherwise we have 0 hope.
As someone else mentioned go back to early season when we were sitting 13th it was the challenge or at least a great acheivement to get to 5th or 6th.
First final should be a home one or might as well play the academy players.
Now this week what I want to do is see Rayner friggin grow some balls and own his space instead of shitting himself on the bench.
Did anyone else see that , like he was struggling mentally to get in the game.
He owes us all , show us Cam , you are good enough, knock them over like ten pins.
I'd stick with Sharp on the wing.
No unforced changes .
We just have to give the ball when someone is unmarked and in a better position.
Keep it simple, too many heros , except for Cam, but this week I see him get back to where he should be.
On second thoughts maybe Answert for Brain and Brain as sub.
my only unforced change.

Um ... JL just got another year. Not sure why we'd farewell him this year. Only 30 and was in career best form before the knee injury.
Source? ;)

LM did...

have to finish 5th or 6th , otherwise we have 0 hope.
As someone else mentioned go back to early season when we were sitting 13th it was the challenge or at least a great acheivement to get to 5th or 6th.
First final should be a home one or might as well play the academy players.
Yeah, if we lose to Essendon I reserve the right to join the no hopes clique. ;)

And don't forget that you always thought the team was no good and that you're much smarter than Fagan and everyone else at the club
The second half is true anyway, I don't need validation to endorse that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back