Unofficial Preview Changes vs Bombers Final round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could Beecken take Berry's wing spot if required? I guess you'd expect them to select Sharp after he was the sub

Hoping Answerth comes in for Brain

Bombers don't have many small forwards so Starce may have to play tall on Stringer or Langford

In the game this season I watched the Bombers burnt their opposition on transition with speed. This was awhile ago so maybe that is not the case for this game. Might however be a chance for the lions to practise their foils of this during this game leading into the finals. Speed is our Kroptonite.

Could Beecken take Berry's wing spot if required? I guess you'd expect them to select Sharp after he was the sub

Bombers don't have many small forwards so Starce may have to play tall on Stringer or Langford
They need to get Starce in the leadership group.

Taking a leaf out of his book would improve the game of some of the others.

I can't have Sharp in any respect but if you're going to play him the Bombers would be the right game. Beecken looks a more accomplished footballer. Brain is on thin ice but he has some promise. Answerth is far more defensively minded if that's what we need.

With a post match bye I'm fairly sure Fagan will go for the team he'd pick if it were a final of those up and running.

What should happen:
  • Dev in the middle to replace Berry
  • Sharp in as the rotating wing/forward role Bailey plays. Switches with Ah Chee.

Maybe
- Prior in as a pseudo third tall back for Joyce

What will happen:
  • Sharp in on the wing to replace Berry
  • Prior or Lyons as the sub

Do or die game if we want to go well into September. Boys will need to kick straight. If we kick straight, we win.

Stewy Dew, do your magic.

Could consider Beecken, mature body and pace. But I don’t think the coaches will. Too late in the season to try other options. Beecken didn’t really press his claim in the vfl this week and iirc played more half back than wing.

Brain has a future imho, but I like the idea of Answerth coming back in, particularly in preparation for some of the quick small forwards in other finals teams . think Brain only got his call up after Noah was injured.

Hopefully JL gets a farewell game.

Could easily come in for the likes of any of Berry (injured), Bailey (selfish), Brain and Sharp (omitted).

Robertson and Prior also ins and potentially Answerth (if not suspended from the VFL) for Joyce given Bombers don't have the tallest of forward lines.

Out: current goal kicking practice routine

In: different goal kicking practice routine

I don't care what it is or how it changes, what we do know from Saturday's comments by the coach is that we've been practicing the same way for years. Little surprise then that we're still getting the same results.

Definition. Of. Insanity.

Oh, personnel you mean. Who cares really 🤷

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: current goal kicking practice routine

In: different goal kicking practice routine

I don't care what it is or how it changes, what we do know from Saturday's comments by the coach is that we've been practicing the same way for years. Little surprise then that we're still getting the same results.

Definition. Of. Insanity.

Oh, personnel you mean. Who cares really 🤷
Without laying blame on anyone that's a good point you make.

They need to get Starce in the leadership group.

Taking a leaf out of his book would improve the game of some of the others.

I can't have Sharp in any respect but if you're going to play him the Bombers would be the right game. Beecken looks a more accomplished footballer. Brain is on thin ice but he has some promise. Answerth is far more defensively minded if that's what we need.

With a post match bye I'm fairly sure Fagan will go for the team he'd pick if it were a final of those up and running.
Pretty sure Starce is actually in the leadership group already.

Seriously tho, Brain out for Answerth. Too many missed targets etc for his role as it was on Saturday.

Sharp into the 22 for Berry. Not great on the weekend but too late in the season for fancy selections.

Dev or JL as sub. Or just put some names on a dartboard and have at it. Whatevs 🤷

Outs- Jarrod Berry(inj), Shadeau Brain(omit).

Ins- Luke Beecken, Dev Robertson.

Harry Sharp plays a full game on the wing, Luke Beecken straight swap for Shadeau Brain to provide some run and pace, Zac Bailey as the sub.

Answerth in for Brain.
Reville for Berry(If available, listed as 1-2 weeks last week so is a chance, will probably be a “test” this week).
I’d prefer Dev in over Sharp as the sub but if Reville doesn’t get up, bring in Dev for Berry and one of Sharp or Dev start and the other is sub.

Outs- Jarrod Berry(inj), Shadeau Brain(omit).

Ins- Luke Beecken, Dev Robertson.

Harry Sharp plays a full game on the wing, Luke Beecken straight swap for Shadeau Brain to provide some run and pace, Zac Bailey as the sub.
We need to offset the attacking nature of Zorko with a defensive minded shut down defender in Answerth I think. I like what Brain has offered and great he’s had a taste but the balance is off with only Starcevich as a component smaller “defender”. Wilmot is decent but we lose his attacking run and drive if we are relying on him to cover Zorko & Brain. Beecken is far too attacking minded to bring in alongside Zorko I think.

Zorks & Wilmot to provide the attacking, drive. Starce & Answerth to provide the defensively minded roles.

I’m hopeful Reville is good to go this week and he gets a game under his belt for touch pre-finals. Would love Reville and Dev to come in for Berry & Sharp.

I would not risk Berry this week even if he looks okay at training. That way he gets 2 weeks to get hammy right.
Play Sharp.
He was not as bad as some posters have made out.
50% TOG, 2 turnovers, 64% disposal efficiency, 14 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 stoppage clearances 2 rebound 50's, 2 intercepts, picked up 3 free kicks

Would also swap Bailey back to wing and Ah Chee forward.
Fagan has been changing these two a bit recently so another change not disruptive or unexpected.
I just prefer Ah-Chee's forward pressure way more than Baileys.

We have a few young inexperienced players in the team already so not keen on debuting anyone else.
However, if i was going to debut anyone it would be Will McLachlan this week. Then just move Bailey to the wing

I would not risk Berry this week even if he looks okay at training. That way he gets 2 weeks to get hammy right.
Play Sharp.
He was not as bad as some posters have made out.
50% TOG, 2 turnovers, 64% disposal efficiency, 14 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 stoppage clearances 2 rebound 50's, 2 intercepts, picked up 3 free kicks

Would also swap Bailey back to wing and Ah Chee forward.
Fagan has been changing these two a bit recently so another change not disruptive or unexpected.
I just prefer Ah-Chee's forward pressure way more than Baileys.

We have a few young inexperienced players in the team already so not keen on debuting anyone else.
However, if i was going to debut anyone it would be Will McLachlan this week. Then just move Bailey to the wing
Bailey could be a fantastic small forward but he's defensive effort is nothing compared to Ah Chee's. If Charlie was to go missing I would be happy for Bailey to sit in the pocket and play that role.

Actually not sure I rate Bailey on the wing more than Ah Chee either though...

Bailey could be a fantastic small forward but he's defensive effort is nothing compared to Ah Chee's. If Charlie was to go missing I would be happy for Bailey to sit in the pocket and play that role.

Actually not sure I rate Bailey on the wing more than Ah Chee either though...
Our best wingers are Hugh McCluggage and Jarrod Berry but I prefer Berry in the guts and McCluggage as a balanced mid.

Jaspa Fletcher does a good job and Harry Sharp has the tools to be decent, just needs a good stretch of games to show what he can offer.

I also think Kai Lohmann would be a good winger, looks to have the endurance and is always up for a contest.

Bruce Reville is another option for the wing in 2025 if he has an enormous pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back